Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, that last earhat dropped last night when I was about ready to go to bed. So, for better or worse (and really I think it's for worse) I'll keep playing for a while, but I think it was artificially hard and this is not the game I signed up to play nor the game I want to play. I'm not going to log in there and play much for a while.

No Joy for me. 5/9. Tried using a bunch of speed ups, with zero result. I had hit the timewall for Joy 2 or 3 days early. I played around the clock. Ridiculous.

I got the last Joy hats overnight in my IOS game. 4 short in my Windows game, but I paid the gems since I had almost 1400. And after finally getting 30 relics, I upgraded the wrong attraction.

I feel like I got lucky with this event. I got Joy with 3 days to go. Of course, now I'm dealing with the dramatically increased token needs to level up all these characters.

Also, as soon as the Inside Out event ended, the tokens for the last two Soul characters I need to collect for (Moonwind and Joe) started dropping like crazy, despite being at the same rarity. This is some pretty obvious manipulation by Gameloft and is incredibly annoying (and I wish they wouldn't lie and claim they don't do this).

Used gems to finish off Joy this morning. Awful hat drops. Almost constant play (won the trophy event) and yet I would go days without any hat drops at all.

Great Prince - 8
Star Wars Emperor - 7
Mirabel - 8
Bruno - 9
Gopher - 3
Sadness - 7
Fear - 5
Anger - 5
Disgust - 4
Joy - 1
I’m at the same place as you character wise, except I just finished leveling up Bruno this morning. Oh, and I’m still working on Joe Gardner

I got the last Joy hats overnight in my IOS game. 4 short in my Windows game, but I paid the gems since I had almost 1400. And after finally getting 30 relics, I upgraded the wrong attraction.
Same upgrade faux pas here, but somehow managed to get Joy. No rhyme or reason to these drops

Finally got the last token for The Prince of the Forest and he is now hibernating after getting to Level 10. I think I will finish leveling up the Gopher before Mirabel and Emperor Palpatine are at Level 10. I think Disgust and Joy are going to be the problem characters with Inside Out.

No matter how much leveling I do and I think I'm making progress, hearing everyone else work on one or two (or a handful) of characters beings me back to Earth a little bit. :sunny:

That being said...finished leveling the Nightmare characters yesterday (Shock took forever to collect, leveled Namaari to 10 and I'm only missing five total characters (Ezra, Gus, The Bride, Ercole and Gord). I'm assuming I'll be able to pick up at least one of the Haunted Mansion characters when they come back around in October-possibly sooner if they tie into the movie. Slowly but surely... :)

I am missing Ezra, The Bride and the other hitch hiking ghost. I have Gus. If they did like last year, it will be extremely difficult to get them without spending a lot of gems or money on chests. If I recall, the odds of getting any of them were really low. They haven't even provided a way to get Oogie Boogie's Spin since it went away. I think that was only available if you placed 1st in some event. I think last year that people outside the U.S. had the opportunity to purchase some of those missing Haunted Mansion characters due to it being gambling via the poor odds on getting them via chests (whether purchased through gems or real currency).

Now that the tasks are all different, and neither drop Joy tokens, I've decided it was a happy accident. I would rather have Emotional Whirlwind @ 2 instead of the Headquarters. (Hats > Memories).
I used Elixir to get some of the tokens to enchant the two rides. I do dislike how they change everything as soon as the event ends.

Saw a post on Instagram that some changes are on the horizon. They were just roaming through the different lands. It looks like they are updating the look and layout of the different areas. Didn't over analyze what was being shown though.

A public service announcement prior to downloading the next update. If you are not complete with the current Season Pass and are doing the weekly and daily events to get you to the last level (or even a higher level), don't install the next update immediately. The last two seasons, even though I had reached level 150, I was still doing the daily/weekly tasks. Once I installed the update, the current season pass disappeared and my daily and weekly tasks disappeared as well. While it was nice not having to do these tasks, I just caution others in case you are real close to the next reward level in the Season Pass.

Event walkthrough is now available on YouTube. The two new Wall-E characters and the attraction are permanent content. In looking at the screen shots for the Tower Challenge, both of these characters will be utilized during Chapter 3 of the Tower Challenge. The Tower Challenge is only a little over 2 weeks long.

There was no mention of the Indiana Jones characters or Aristocats. However, they did fly over the screen real quickly.

It didn't really look like the structure of the Tower Challenge has changed. But look at the Release Notes that Jason posted above. That has a lot of great info about which attractions are included in the Attraction Refresh. The higher the upgrade level, the higher the possible refresh rewards.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter