Disney Magic Kingdoms

Collecting tokes to welcome oogie is sooo slow. I just started playing so I have Cinderella and Will waiting to be welcome and I think I am very close to Daisy. I want to hurry and get him so I can start moving forward in the game again!

You'd be surprised...once you get a few characters and start leveling them up, you can get a nice pile of gems along with your player level ups.
You may be right, I am up to 77 gems now.

The Pluto offer is the cheapest offer available and comes with enough gems to build his house. Even if you never spend another penny in the game, his offer is a great investment
Hmm, where do you find this? I can only find Nightmare Before Christmas bundles.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the red promotion tag has changed again.

Last edited:
Ever since this event I've been seeing the warning notice of being logged in on a different device. It first happened the very first day of this event. Since then I just randomly get it but today it's been ridiculous. I just had to restart 5 times because it kept popping up. I only play on my phone so I'm definitely not logged in anywhere else. Anyone else been getting this message a lot lately?

Welcomed Oogie last night. Now it is quite frustrating because after his first task, he can only be sent on the same short 6 minute task again and again until he levels up to 2. I have all of the pumpkins so there isn't anything he can do now. And I haven't had a single token in him yet. What the heck?

So there's a gems promotion (up to 30% off) at the moment and I'm considering buying some for the future. However, I was talking to a friend who plays the game as well, and we both sort of have the feeling that it's actually cheaper to buy the character promotions (which most of the time consist of "character X + Y gems") rather than buy premium characters with gems. Even with the current promo the character promotions seem cheaper.

I'm guessing people on this forum buy either character promotions or gems (or both) and I'm wondering if we're correct or not?

Also, I'm tired so my apologies if my questions don't make a lot of sense. :o

[EDIT] I should perhaps mention that I live in Europe and I'm not sure that the rates and prices are the same here.

Last edited:
Welcomed Oogie last night. Now it is quite frustrating because after his first task, he can only be sent on the same short 6 minute task again and again until he levels up to 2. I have all of the pumpkins so there isn't anything he can do now. And I haven't had a single token in him yet. What the heck?

Yep, I mentioned that I didn't think Oogie was much help when I got him. He is now Level 3 and guess what? The only thing he can go is STILL pumpkins (which I have no trouble getting without him). I was hoping that he could at least fish for some Sally or Zero items, but alas, no.

I'm so frustrated! I've been working on Sally for days... still only halfway there to getting her. I've never had a token drop from Hamm, Jack, Sulley or Mike. Not one.

Yep, I mentioned that I didn't think Oogie was much help when I got him. He is now Level 3 and guess what? The only thing he can go is STILL pumpkins (which I have no trouble getting without him). I was hoping that he could at least fish for some Sally or Zero items, but alas, no.
And I haven't had any trouble getting tokens for the other three NBC characters. Heaven forbid Oogie dropped some of his own tokens. Maybe after a higher level.

Only a few more tokens and I'll finally be able to welcome Oogie! Then I think I'm done with this event. if I don't complete the remaining story quests, I'll live. Managing 3+ weeks of Halloween events for two games was more exhausting than I thought it'll get.

What did you decide? I am in similar boat as you!

I ended up falling asleep and missing the end of the promotion. But I had decided before that I probably wasn't going to buy the chests. It was a great promotion, however I was worried I would get little back from the investment. If I can't welcome Oogie before the event, I will most likely buy gems with the % off sale and buy him.

I ended up falling asleep and missing the end of the promotion. But I had decided before that I probably wasn't going to buy the chests. It was a great promotion, however I was worried I would get little back from the investment. If I can't welcome Oogie before the event, I will most likely buy gems with the % off sale and buy him.
I hope they wind up offering him. Have they announced that? Remember that Syndrome has been grayed out for months under "coming soon".

Only a few more tokens and I'll finally be able to welcome Oogie! Then I think I'm done with this event. if I don't complete the remaining story quests, I'll live. Managing 3+ weeks of Halloween events for two games was more exhausting than I thought it'll get.
Hey, remember... I've been saying from literally Day 1 that this sorry excuse for an event has sucked.

So for the Incredibles event, I was able to level everyone up to 10 and finish all the quests before the event was over. Now with this one, I'll be lucky to finish welcoming the scary tarp monster thing before time runs out. I was wondering if you all could help me remember what happens (1) if you don't finish all the event quests and (2) if the event characters are under level 10 when the event ends?

You may be right, I am up to 77 gems now.

Hmm, where do you find this? I can only find Nightmare Before Christmas bundles.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the red promotion tag has changed again.
You'll probably get it at some point once the event is over. They rotate the promotions. I'm in the UK so my numbers may be different, but as an example Pluto plus enough gems for his house was £2.99, the others have been £5.99-9.99. Pluto was a no brainer. I was offered him pretty quick. I got other offers as I reached those points in the game, but if when I didn't take them they'd cycle through and come back around

So for the Incredibles event, I was able to level everyone up to 10 and finish all the quests before the event was over. Now with this one, I'll be lucky to finish welcoming the scary tarp monster thing before time runs out. I was wondering if you all could help me remember what happens (1) if you don't finish all the event quests and (2) if the event characters are under level 10 when the event ends?
1. Nothing happens. You just don't get to see the rest of the story/can't unlock any remaining characters.
2. They require magic to level up and the token requirements are slightly adjusted. The characters that can collect the tokens get changed too I think and the times to collect will be longer. There was a bug at the end of the Incredibles event and no one could get Dash's ears, but it was fixed in the next update.

Last edited:
So there's a gems promotion (up to 30% off) at the moment and I'm considering buying some for the future. However, I was talking to a friend who plays the game as well, and we both sort of have the feeling that it's actually cheaper to buy the character promotions (which most of the time consist of "character X + Y gems") rather than buy premium characters with gems. Even with the current promo the character promotions seem cheaper.

I'm guessing people on this forum buy either character promotions or gems (or both) and I'm wondering if we're correct or not?

Also, I'm tired so my apologies if my questions don't make a lot of sense. :o

[EDIT] I should perhaps mention that I live in Europe and I'm not sure that the rates and prices are the same here.
The rates/prices balance out similar between the exchange rates.

I have bought a couple of character promotions, and do feel the character plus gems gives better value than the gems on their own. While I broke my 'no real money' for character promotions (when the added gems would get my total close to buying another character as well), I personally wouldn't buy gems on their own. I have to draw the line somewhere lol

1. Nothing happens. You just don't get to see the rest of the story/can't unlock any remaining characters.
2. They require magic to level up and the token requirements are slightly adjusted. The characters that can collect the tokens get changed too I think and the times to collect will be longer. There was a bug at the end of the Incredibles event and no one could Dash's ears, but it was fixed in the next update.

Thank you so much, that's very helpful!

I hope they wind up offering him. Have they announced that? Remember that Syndrome has been grayed out for months under "coming soon".
I wasn't around for the Incredibles event. Since I have unlocked Oogie with the tokens I have collected, I could buy him for 249 gems. I'll keep trying to collect but I will buy him with gems if I can't finish it before the event ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter