Disney Magic Kingdoms

I am not at the Magic point where I have a lot of it. I am trying to decide if I buy the 350,000 plot of land or save my magic for Randall and Flynn. I really can use that plot of land but I am very close to Randall and Flynn and I am going to need the magic to get them. I really hate that the stupid piece of land is so small. I think I am going to have to hold off and just wait until both are welcomed and then work towards building that magic up again.

I am not at the Magic point where I have a lot of it. I am trying to decide if I buy the 350,000 plot of land or save my magic for Randall and Flynn. I really can use that plot of land but I am very close to Randall and Flynn and I am going to need the magic to get them. I really hate that the stupid piece of land is so small. I think I am going to have to hold off and just wait until both are welcomed and then work towards building that magic up again.
I didn't bother buying the 350,000 plot of land and I have plenty of room for all of the attractions (as of now), I would get the characters first. There have been times where they had a plot of land like that and when they gave newer update, they decreased the amount of magic for that land. So I assume, they might do the same for this land space. I still haven't bought the land space and all I have left to do is level up all of my characters.

Last edited:
How do you accumulate so much magic
Honestly, I've been playing since May, I think. Maybe April. I wasn't there from the beginning, but pretty close. So once everyone has been leveled up, there was positively NOTHING to do with the game but click away and collect magic. And with zero to spend it on, it just keeps accumulating. I'm looking at my phone now, and I have 4,812,842 in magic. Not quite 7 million like the person above me, but still plenty to hold on to. Starting off, it was difficult, because it seemed that every time I built up a nice stash, it took a bit to welcome a new character, or worse... a new land was to be uncursed. Now, I'd welcome a few areas to open at this point. What the heck am I going to do with all of this stupid magic????

I didn't bother buying the 350,000 plot of land and I have plenty of room for all of the attractions (as of now), I would get the characters first. There have been times where they had a plot of land like that and when they gave newer update, they decreased the amount of magic for that land. So I assume, they might do the same for this land space. I still haven't bought the land space and all I have left to do is level up all of my characters.
At some point, you're going to want to unlock it anyway. It'll give you something to do :)

As you progress through the Tangled portion of the game, you will receive Merlin quests to open land in Fantasyland. And that land will be bigger and not as expensive. So save the 350,000 space for later.

How do you accumulate so much magic

If the question is how to accumulate magic in general, the answer is primarily concessions. Put your decorations away for now, and fill all the spaces between your attractions with concessions. Burger stands used to be the way to go, but they require an almost constant collection, and alas, they're not as effective as they once were. Hat stands are a good compromise, only requiring you to collect once an hour. Each one is a fairly cheap investment that pays for itself pretty quickly and then starts paying dividends that you can use to buy yet more concessions. If you can't collect every hour during the day, you might consider a mix of concession types to make better use of your time away, but the concessions with longer collection times require a greater initial investment and do take longer to pay for themselves.

It's also helpful to make note of the returns on magic for the character activities. Activities that involve a single character pay out more magic than those involving two characters at once, although it doesn't seem that way, when you look at the totals. Generally, the shorter the activity, the better the return for the time spent, but only if you collect as often as the character is ready. So, for example, if a character has an 8 minute task, and you'll collect from him every 8 minutes, you'll earn more in an hour than if you set him to an hour-long task. But if you know you aren't coming back to the game for an hour, you're better off taking the hour-long task. If a character has an activity that has the potential for an item, then of course you want to do that, regardless of the magic return.

Once you have more magic than you can possibly spend, you won't need to pay as much attention to the game, and you can put away most of your concessions and replace your decorations, and send your non-item characters on longer activities.

Honestly, I've been playing since May, I think. Maybe April. I wasn't there from the beginning, but pretty close. So once everyone has been leveled up, there was positively NOTHING to do with the game but click away and collect magic. And with zero to spend it on, it just keeps accumulating. I'm looking at my phone now, and I have 4,812,842 in magic. Not quite 7 million like the person above me, but still plenty to hold on to. Starting off, it was difficult, because it seemed that every time I built up a nice stash, it took a bit to welcome a new character, or worse... a new land was to be uncursed. Now, I'd welcome a few areas to open at this point. What the heck am I going to do with all of this stupid magic????
It would be great if, in a future update, we were given the option to use our surplus magic to buy gems. The conversion rate could be set quite high, say, 1 gem for every 10,000 magic. But for those people who have managed to accumulate millions in magic, it would convert to a meaningful amount of gems and provide some incentive to continue playing when everything else in the game has been accomplished.

I'm not going to hold my breath for this actually happening. But maybe if enough of us contacted the game developers with this suggestion, they might eventually listen? Or maybe not!

It would be great if, in a future update, we were given the option to use our surplus magic to buy gems. The conversion rate could be set quite high, say, 1 gem for every 10,000 magic. But for those people who have managed to accumulate millions in magic, it would convert to a meaningful amount of gems and provide some incentive to continue playing when everything else in the game has been accomplished.

I'm not going to hold my breath for this actually happening. But maybe if enough of us contacted the game developers with this suggestion, they might eventually listen? Or maybe not!

That's not going to happen, gems are their revenue stream, and more magic is trivial to obtain if you've been playing for a while.

I think the game developers are going to continue having special currency with each update, largely rendering magic useless for the significant number of players who have millions of magic. This helps force players into checking the game more frequently, while right now a great many of us pretty much have no reason to check the game with any consistency. Along the same lines as why they have contests all the time, they're just trying to find ways to get us to check in more often.

A couple of pages back there was discussion as to whether the probabilities of getting certain items from the chests is higher or lower or the same for all within a chest category. Purely anecdotally, of the six items regularly available in the bronze chests (magic x 3, hanging lantern, Frozen lantern, and the 1-Stop Apprentice Shop), the only one I find worthwhile at all is the 1-Stop Apprentice Shop. Since the Frozen event began, and possibly longer, I have gotten exactly zero 1-Stop Apprentice Shops, compared to who knows, like 20-30 of each of the others. I had previously gotten the 1-Stop Apprentice Shops every now and then, though I still think at a rate much lower than the others. In my mind, there is zero doubt that this is not just coincidence or bad luck, and the drop rates for all the items are not equal, and the perceived better items' rate is much lower.

If the question is how to accumulate magic in general, the answer is primarily concessions. Put your decorations away for now, and fill all the spaces between your attractions with concessions. Burger stands used to be the way to go, but they require an almost constant collection, and alas, they're not as effective as they once were. Hat stands are a good compromise, only requiring you to collect once an hour. Each one is a fairly cheap investment that pays for itself pretty quickly and then starts paying dividends that you can use to buy yet more concessions. If you can't collect every hour during the day, you might consider a mix of concession types to make better use of your time away, but the concessions with longer collection times require a greater initial investment and do take longer to pay for themselves.
I never bothered building any silly concession farms at any point in my game play. And I'm still swimming in the stupid magic at this point.

I have tons of concessions (mostly from those "free" hat ones you can get in the bronze chests) and I'm at 9 million magic right now. Way more than I need, but I still have the space for most of them so they are out. And @McCoy I agree with you - I haven't received any more of those hat stands since Frozen started and I was getting them quite often beforehand. (not that I need any more :P ).

The concessions helped me get though the "not enough magic to upgrade my characters" stage. I remember never thinking I'd ever have enough. But then the game stops and there is nothing to spend it on and it just accumulates.

I have tons of concessions (mostly from those "free" hat ones you can get in the bronze chests) and I'm at 9 million magic right now. Way more than I need, but I still have the space for most of them so they are out. And @McCoy I agree with you - I haven't received any more of those hat stands since Frozen started and I was getting them quite often beforehand. (not that I need any more :P ).

The concessions helped me get though the "not enough magic to upgrade my characters" stage. I remember never thinking I'd ever have enough. But then the game stops and there is nothing to spend it on and it just accumulates.
Same here. I had checked a couple of days ago, and the 1-Stop shop is still listed as a possible prize. Yet it's the only one I'm no longer winning.

I am not at the Magic point where I have a lot of it. I am trying to decide if I buy the 350,000 plot of land or save my magic for Randall and Flynn. I really can use that plot of land but I am very close to Randall and Flynn and I am going to need the magic to get them.
And what's awful is that, except for maybe within their own movie plot lines, I can't remember either of them being very useful at all towards any other characters.

And what's awful is that, except for maybe within their own movie plot lines, I can't remember either of them being very useful at all towards any other characters.
It really depends where you are in the game. I started a while after the Incredibles event. I think I'm on Day 135 now. Randall is still helpful to me in getting Mickey Ears for MG, Zurg and Prince Phillip. He had been useful for Flynn and Rapunzel, but I've got them leveled up now. Flynn is still useful for Prince Phillip's sword and ears and he is one of the ONLY ways I can get the blue fabric for Donald's Halloween costume. (I hadn't even welcomed Donald at the time of the Halloween event.)

New Event for #RockTheDots Event which lasts 3 days. This time clicking on broomsticks:

Clicking on:

8 Broomsticks gets you 2 of Minnies Bows and 750 Magic
40 Broomsticks gets you 2 of Minnies Ears and 1500 Magic
100 Broomsticks gets you 2 gems, 3 of Minnies Bows and 2500 Magic
200 Broomsticks gets you 3 gems, 3 of Minnies Ears and 4000 Magic

On the Leaderboard:

Rank 1-3 gets you 35 Gems and 5000 Magic
Rank 4-15 gets you 15 Gems and 5000 Magic
Rank 16-100 gets you 5000 Magic
Rank 101-250 gets you 3500 Magic
Rank 251-1000 gets you 2500 Magic
Rank 1001 -2500 gets you 1500 Magic
Rank 2501 - 4000 gets you 750 Magic

Last edited:
New Event for #RockTheDots Event which lasts 3 days. This time clicking on broomsticks:

Clicking on:

8 Broomsticks gets you 2 of Minnies Bows and 750 Magic
40 Broomsticks gets you 2 of Minnies Ears and 1500 Magic
100 Broomsticks gets you 2 gems, 3 of Minnies Bows and 2500 Magic
200 Broomsticks gets you 3 gems, 3 of Minnies Bows and 4000 Magic

On the Leaderboard:

Rank 1-3 gets you 35 Gems and 5000 Magic
Rank 4-15 gets you 15 Gems and 5000 Magic
Rank 16-100 gets you 5000 Magic
Rank 101-250 gets you 3500 Magic
Rank 251-1000 gets you 2500 Magic
Rank 1001 -2500 gets you 1500 Magic
Rank 2501 - 4000 gets you 750 Magic

Is it 8 brooms at a time? How often do they refresh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter