• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

For the past few days most of my characters are off on 12, 18, and 24 hour tasks. I just have no motivation to check the game every hour for no good reason
It does get like that! Tasks or updates they are getting longer! My little girl is getting bored now! When characters are on long quests and you end up with loads of Mackey wishes is there a way of granting them all at once when he's finished?

Ok I have a question for all experienced people? Micky has just defeated Pete so has been busy a while and I have 7 kids wanting him! Set him to a task with a smile but only one child went over? I never know how many will go or why? Any tips?

I was able to see my iPhone game score and ranking on the leaderboard in my iPad game, and my iPad game score and ranking on the leaderboard in my iPhone game. I think you are correct that the game randomly generates leaderboard usernames for players who have not connected their accounts to Facebook or Gamecenter, and that those randomly-generated names can change over time, but that doesn't mean they don't represent real people. Furthermore, one I connected my iPhone game to my Facebook account I no longer saw the changing names, so it's not a universal issue.

That makes more sense. Unfortunately I can't connect to Facebook or game center because when I started the game I was doing it with my daughter and enetered the age as 3. I have emailed game loft to fix it and they never respond. So I have a random name assigned by the game. Of course I am the only one who plays it. I started this game with my daughter and then I became addicted!! My husband makes fun of me constantly. Lol

Still, it's strange that the names in my boards keep changing for me. Same for the lifetime visitors! I feel like it's very hard for me to get into the top of the leader boards on events but I guess I am playing against computer since I haven't officially signed in. It's very frustrating!!

Plus I can't watch the ads for gems because there's no way to change my age.

Ok I have a question for all experienced people? Micky has just defeated Pete so has been busy a while and I have 7 kids wanting him! Set him to a task with a smile but only one child went over? I never know how many will go or why? Any tips?

Some characters have multiple tasks that grant wishes. When you select Mickey, there should be a smiley face next to the tasks that will grant wishes. If there are 2 tasks with smiley faces, I select the shorter one first.

Wait. Those are REAL people? I just assumed they were bots/testers. Players made up to inflate the numbers. I mean, I've played this game since the very beginning. And back then, almost all the names were these generic ones. How could, on the first day or two, so many users have over a million lifetime visitors? I mean, even if they were somehow using a hacked version... ...the very first day?
Sorry it took so long to reply, but yes, many of the names are auto generated. For example, I'm not hooked up to gameloft or facebook with my account, so my auto generated name on the leaderboards is Monsters Inc Employee (long number) and everyone assumes that means I'm a Disney employee but I'm not!

Happy Halloween! Well, that's how I feel! Bought two of the NBC enchanted chests packs and got the float and Everyone! and 3 buildings! (plus two pumpkin walls).Since I started playing at Thanksgiving I felt I had missed out. But not so!
Feeling happy!

I bought two packs, got all but zero and jacks house. Used gems for two more chests and got them! Very happy.

It does get like that! Tasks or updates they are getting longer! My little girl is getting bored now! When characters are on long quests and you end up with loads of Mackey wishes is there a way of granting them all at once when he's finished?

Mickey generally has two choices. One is 60 seconds and the other is playing the trumpet for 2 hours. Like another poster said, I click on the shorter one first and then the longer. So in 121 minutes you will have granted all his wishes. Make sense?

Re: starting late, does anyone know whether leaderboard assignment is delayed if you play offline? For example, if I were to go offline right after the event started, click firecrackers regularly for a day or two while continually staying offline, and then finally go back online after building up my totals, would I end up on a leaderboard with folks who started right away, or folks who started around the time I went back online?

Asking for a friend. :ssst:

So - ran a mini-experiment for the current spider event to figure this out.

To recap: I have two separate games going, one on my iPad and one on my iPhone, currently at levels 42 and 46, respectively. For the previous firecracker event, I started at the same time (about 1 day after the start of the event) on both devices and wound up on the same leaderboard.

For the spider event, I took my iPad offline as soon as the event began, without having tapped any spiders on either device. I meant to wait a full 24 hours before starting, but accidentally hit a spider on my iPhone game about four hours after the event began. (Ugh.) I then immediately grabbed my (still-offline) iPad and tapped a spider to start the event on that device; there was about a 1-minute delay between start times. I continued from there playing as usual on both devices, keeping the iPad continually offline. Yesterday evening, about 1 and a half days after the start of the event, I went back online on the iPad.

Result? I was immediately in the number one spot on the iPad game, ranked first with 88 spiders tapped, with the number two spot held by someone with 40 spiders tapped. On the iPhone game, the top spot was held by someone with 144 spiders, and my 104 spiders tapped was only good enough for a ranking in the high teens.

Conclusion: Clearly, playing entirely offline on the iPad for the first part of the event landed me on a far less competitive leaderboard. I conclude that leaderboard assignment depends not on when you tap your first spider, but the first tap that is "registered" by the game when you go online. So, if you have the option to play offline, you can do that instead of delaying your start time and wind up in an even better spot because you will have accumulated points in the meantime while still ending up on a less competitive leaderboard once you go online. (Just make sure you go online before the event ends so that your score is recorded!)

Last edited:
Some characters have multiple tasks that grant wishes. When you select Mickey, there should be a smiley face next to the tasks that will grant wishes. If there are 2 tasks with smiley faces, I select the shorter one first.
This is what I do too.

Mickey generally has two choices. One is 60 seconds and the other is playing the trumpet for 2 hours. Like another poster said, I click on the shorter one first and then the longer. So in 121 minutes you will have granted all his wishes. Make sense?
Don't forget he also has an hour task of 'study magic'

My 10th post allowed me to finally change my avatar. And of course it had to be Stitch!! Now DMK adding some Lilo and Stitch? Whew, that would be fun! They could have the ride where Stitch spots on you.... And a ride where you surf.

Ohana means family! Disney family!

So.... curious: I just noticed that the area behind the portals and the unlocked areas of land that are normally dark, are now all of a sudden lit up. Is this a sign of a land expansion to come?

So.... curious: I just noticed that the area behind the portals and the unlocked areas of land that are normally dark, are now all of a sudden lit up. Is this a sign of a land expansion to come?
Not sure where you mean. All of my dark land is still dark. Although the only portholes that are left at this point lead off the screen to the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter