Disney Magic Kingdoms

I still have no android update... I've cleared data, cache, deleted enough stuff on my phone to make sure there's enough room, I've restarted the phone... I've done everything! In the Google Play store app it is listed as "up to date" while I have several other apps ready to update. So frustrating!

There are a number of Android users complaining (rightfully so) about this on Facebook, so you're not alone. Sorry, I hope you get it soon. :(

EDIT: From DMK @ 9:55 AM EST - "Hi guys, we're currently looking into this. We'll let you guys know in a more formal announcement once we have more information to share. Thank you!"

Fair warning, there are also some reports of the app not working on Android 7.0.

I'll point out that farming the event currency is going to be a bit harder in this update. Not many short duration tasks for characters to gather the currency. Also, they changed the pay outs. I forgot who it was but 2 1hour tasks yielded a 32 event currency pay out, where as the same character also has a single 2hour task that yields 30 event currency. So unless you are checking right on time, then you may be better with some of the longer tasks with minimal loss of currency.

I'll point out that farming the event currency is going to be a bit harder in this update. Not many short duration tasks for characters to gather the currency. Also, they changed the pay outs. I forgot who it was but 2 1hour tasks yielded a 32 event currency pay out, where as the same character also has a single 2hour task that yields 30 event currency. So unless you are checking right on time, then you may be better with some of the longer tasks with minimal loss of currency.

Yeah, I've noticed this, too. It's going to be much, much harder.

Is there something that needs to be done to start the Beauty And The Beast tasks? I updated yesterday and I have Merlin. But none of my characters have any tasks related to the event. I have not received any notice to welcome Beast yet.

I don't hate the bags and strings yet. I work a 9-5, so 6 minute tasks are pretty much out of the question for the entire day, 60 min tasks to get them are more manageable. (now in 3 days, I'll probably want to quit the game and set fire to my phone. But for now, meh. It's annoying, but not worse than snowgies.)

Yeah, I've noticed this, too. It's going to be much, much harder.
24 days..... so it stretches out the event time, meaning they can delay longer until the next event.
So how do we welcome Beast? He is still dark and it says that's what I need to do. But it says complete more tasks to welcome him but I haven't been given any. Help, thanks!
Mickey had several tasks indicated by an exclaimation point. Multiple were available by clicking him a few times. I then picked the tasks that seemed to help the most.
Is there something that needs to be done to start the Beauty And The Beast tasks? I updated yesterday and I have Merlin. But none of my characters have any tasks related to the event. I have not received any notice to welcome Beast yet.
Force quit the app from your device. Then relaunch it. You need to have it go through the 'loading sequence' to ensure it comminicates with the server. This seems to help most people.

...Force quit the app from your device. Then relaunch it. You need to have it go through the 'loading sequence' to ensure it comminicates with the server. This seems to help most people.

Thanks. Your post reminded me that when I'm at work my connection to the server is occasionally hit and miss. During the last spider event I could usually access the leaderboard but sometimes I could not.

Force quitting and going through the loading sequence did not work. So I switched to another network and now I have access to the tasks.

Kind of bummed that I used gems on mrs potts. Would have rathered spend $3.99 for her and creperie. I didnt see that offer before using the gems.

Last edited:
Question for those that play offline

Do events like batb get triggered. Or do you need to be online for them to activate. I have my two kids ipods with directions to get them stuff for event, but they are both offline until I get home
For anyone else. You need to be online to start the event.

Heads up: immediately after welcoming Chip you get to welcome Dale. So don't make my mistake and send everyone out on 4+ hour tasks :scared:

Edit: oh and obviously they have different tokens/task assignments.
Strangely enough, if you click on Dale before you welcome Chip it says "Complete more Tangled quests" o_O I completed those months ago...

Kind of bummed that I used gems on mrs potts. Would have rathered spend $3.99 for her and creperie. I didnt see that offer before using the gems.
oh that makes me angry. I debated for a half hour on if I wanted to spend my gems on her or not! I would've paid $3.99 instead in a heart beat!!

oh that makes me angry. I debated for a half hour on if I wanted to spend my gems on her or not! I would've paid $3.99 instead in a heart beat!!
That option was available to me from the start of the event, I just clicked on the event button at the bottom and there was that one and the parade offer. I bought her so I could use my gems for Chip and Dale's house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter