Disney Magic Kingdoms

Shere Khan needs 60 prickly pears, 10 fire sticks, 10 hats but the magic amount was surprising to me 1,011,984. Seems kind of high and why the odd amount? Won't hurt those of use playing for a long time but for newer people isn't over a million asking a lot?

Wow.

So our excess magic is useful after all. By the time the newbies get to Shere Khan they will have the excess magic too.
Wonder if the day will come again where we need to save magic to welcome a new character.

Wow.

So our excess magic is useful after all. By the time the newbies get to Shere Khan they will have the excess magic too.
Wonder if the day will come again where we need to save magic to welcome a new character.

I'm also noticing that the rides and upgrades are starting to use more magic as well. I guess they heard us laughing about how much magic we have stored up and decided to try to use some of it up.

Hmm, just the tactic that bullies use - belittle/attack the person who questions you.

Tell you what, if you're so obsessed with my work history, why don't you send me a link to your professional work profile (e.g., LinkedIn). I'll send a message to your work profile from my LinkedIn profile and you can see my work history for yourself.

Or if you're done poking fun at me, we can return to the purpose of this thread: "Disney Magic Kingdoms - Tips."

whoa. They were joking. "Why so serious?"

View attachment 272900
Donald Duck first appeared in the 1934 cartoon The Wise Little Hen which was part of the Silly Symphonies series of theatrical cartoon shorts. The film's release date of June 9 is officially recognized by the Walt Disney Company as Donald's birthday despite a couple of in-universe contradictions.

I found the above info online. I think it has to do with his creation date, although this shows the 9th instead of the 19th.

Think of it as June 1984 instead of June 19, '84

Wow.

Then we'll all be annoyed for putting away/making into elixr our concessions.

Does anyone know what triggers/starts the Shere Khan battle? Just finished BTMR and started building Baloo's Oasis. Does it start after the 12 hour building time, or are their additional missions that come up first?

It’s funny, as much of a pain in the *** welcoming and leveling up Bagheera has been I’m finding Louis to be the exact opposite. I’ll be able to level him to level 9 in a few hours. Just trying to figure out if I want to level him up at that point, better off waiting until the Shere Khan battle begins, or until I’m ready to start collecting for Shere Khan!

Disney World opened on Oct 1st 1971 and Epcot opened October 1st 1982. The years aren't right but does Disney have a thing for October 1st?

well, after the craziness of opening day at Disneyland they specifically picked a "slow time" to open Walt Disney World and I guess they figured it made sense to have EPCOT open the same day ... I don't think anything more to it than that

Does anyone know what triggers/starts the Shere Khan battle? Just finished BTMR and started building Baloo's Oasis. Does it start after the 12 hour building time, or are their additional missions that come up first?

It’s funny, as much of a pain in the *** welcoming and leveling up Bagheera has been I’m finding Louis to be the exact opposite. I’ll be able to level him to level 9 in a few hours. Just trying to figure out if I want to level him up at that point, better off waiting until the Shere Khan battle begins, or until I’m ready to start collecting for Shere Khan!
I'm not sure, but I know it's not the Oasis. Once you finish that building, Baloo goes off on a 24-task alone. At the same time, Mowgli has a 2-hour task. Once that finishes, you build Kaa's Jungle Gym thing, which takes 24 hours. Shere Khan has to be pretty close to that, because the storyline is that Baloo and Mowgli are searching for Shere Khan.

I'm not sure, but I know it's not the Oasis. Once you finish that building, Baloo goes off on a 24-task alone. At the same time, Mowgli has a 2-hour task. Once that finishes, you build Kaa's Jungle Gym thing, which takes 24 hours. Shere Khan has to be pretty close to that, because the storyline is that Baloo and Mowgli are searching for Shere Khan.

Just finished that 24 hour task and no further movement. I think something will come up after I get the jungle gym thing in a couple of hours, or at least I hope it does!

Thanks @supernova, looks like your really progressing! Think I’m in really good shape leveling up my JB characters (levels 6,6,5,8), but seems like I'm farther behind on quests that usually. Not sure why?

I remember @MickeySkywalker mentioning they started battling Shere Khan Tuesday morning so I thought I’d Atleast be starting the battle by the weekend.

Also, anyone else noticing the disboard being very laggy loading pages the last week or two? Having issues in Safari on my iphone, iPad and iMac.

Just welcomed Baloo. Thanks again for all the game play updates everyone. It's nice having an idea of what to expect next. As you can probably guess...I am that person who peeks at the last page of every book I read.Still need to earn 40 more gems to get Louie. Does the new land open up after Thunder Mountain opens?

Just welcomed Baloo. Thanks again for all the game play updates everyone. It's nice having an idea of what to expect next. As you can probably guess...I am that person who peeks at the last page of every book I read.Still need to earn 40 more gems to get Louie. Does the new land open up after Thunder Mountain opens?
Probably, but not right after. Truthfully, I don't know why they are even making it available. I have Kaa's Jungle Gym being built right now, and every single building fits within the existing game board.

With Aladdin, Lion King, and now Jungle Book being offered, I'm really glad that the interns opted to open Frontierland instead of, oh, say, Adventureland. Makes a lot more sense to give is Big Thunder Mountain than the Jungle Cruise. Oh, and placing King Louie's temple in Frontierland? Brilliant.

Last edited:
Good lord ya go to the U.K. for a week and come back to find 5 pages of catching up and a good bickering show! Damn interns causing pent up frustrations. On the flip side, took a long post-Aladdin break and it was nice until coming back to practically no happiness..

Stat-check
Current level: 47 (Started mid-Incredibles)
Lifetime visitors/ rank: 12,668
Magic: 2.5M (farmed a ton of rose bushes to get that damned alien)
Gems: 646

I did a park refresh on my flight, rearranged everything with the new land. It was therapeutic! I have all the attractions, including all from chests and Merlin, but none of the standard gem. Have All characters except Rex, Boo, Wall-E, and Flash, everyone at 10 except; Aladdin and gang are holding around 6-8 while on my trip, and still chipping away at Bagheera.

It doesn't open until you build all 3 attractions. Not sure exactly when it does open, but I'm on attraction #3 right now and it's still not open. Frankly, I'd like it open since I had to do some rearranging and removing of stuff on my game to fit them all in.

With Aladdin, Lion King, and now Jungle Book being offered, I'm really glad that the interns opted to open Frontierland instead of, oh, say, Adventureland. Makes a lot more sense to give is Big Thunder Mountain than the Jungle Cruise. Oh, and placing King Louie's temple in Frontierland? Brilliant.

Good point! I was kind of wondering why all the Aladdin stuff and Jungle Book items seem meant to go into Frontierland when Adventureland would make just a bit more sense...:rotfl:

Probably, but not right after. Truthfully, I don't know why they are even making it available. I have Kaa's Jungle Gym being built right niw, and every single building fits within the existing game board.

Nothing captures the American Old West like the jungles of Central India, the deserts of the Middle East and the Serengeti of Africa.

Just thought I would share some Jungle book trivia the characters names chosen by Rudyard Kipling are Hindi words related to their species but with different spelling Baloo means Bear, Bagheera means Panther and in some Indian dialects Shere means Tiger and Khan represents a title ie King.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter