Disney Magic Kingdoms

You can only collect as many as you need for each of your characters. Add up how many each requires for their next level, and that's the total you're working with for now.

Thank! Don’t know why I keep forgetting that. Funny thing is I did remember a little after I posted it.

I think Fred was 275 gems.
I got him early this morning as well and have not updated the app so will wait to level him up to see if the update changes anything.

Guess I won’t be getting Fred for awhile then. Only have 110 gems and I refuse to spend real money on characters this event. Should have enough before the event ends though.

I did download the iOS update, and have just gotten the prompt to welcome Wasabi. I don’t know these characters, but if Fred is the guy next to Wasabi in the character book, then he’s still locked for me. It says he’ll be available in 18hrs.

Yes, Fred is the guy next to Wasabi. I was wondering if it was a mistake that he was available so soon. Usually they make us wait until the next character is available.

That must’ve been the reason for today’s update. Seems like “dirty pool” to fix the mistake now, after many players were able to get the character already... but it’s just a game, so I’m not too concerned. :rolleyes1

That must’ve been the reason for today’s update. Seems like “dirty pool” to fix the mistake now, after many players were able to get the character already... but it’s just a game, so I’m not too concerned. :rolleyes1

I think so. I've never seen it so aggressive either. Every time I open my game it's trying to make me update it. I don't want to since I spent the gems for Fred and plenty of time and effort to level him up. If they took him away now it wouldn't be right either. They should have just left it as is so that everyone had a level playing field. Dumb move, interns.

It’s possible that I just haven’t made it to the “unlock Fred” portion of the storyline yet. But it sounds like those two characters showed up together, by the way others have described it. Only a few hours...

Fred was 275 gems. He was available right after Wasabi welcome message. Sounds like I bought him right before they “pulled the plug.” There was no cash bundle offer to purchase him, which was probably not ideal for Gameloft s goals. so that will probably come tomorrow.

He is on a 6 hour task to get the Baymax blueprints for me, finishing up in half an hour. He is still in my character book and ready to level up to 2.

I did the update. Didn’t even think about it doing anything to Fred. Yikes! But I haven’t seen anything different with the update. Will report in if I do.

I was really hoping the early access to the 2nd premium character was a change and not a bug. I really like being able to do his preliminary tasks and leveling when we are in wait mode.

I was really hoping the early access to the 2nd premium character was a change and not a bug. I really like being able to do his preliminary tasks and leveling when we are in wait mode.

Me, too, but the option to not pay actual $$$ for him was a tip-off to me that this wasn't something Gameloft had thought through... I'm guessing he'll be bundled with a building tomorrow for cash.

Fred was 275 gems. He was available right after Wasabi welcome message. Sounds like I bought him right before they “pulled the plug.” There was no cash bundle offer to purchase him, which was probably not ideal for Gameloft s goals. so that will probably come tomorrow.

He is on a 6 hour task to get the Baymax blueprints for me, finishing up in half an hour. He is still in my character book and ready to level up to 2.

I did the update. Didn’t even think about it doing anything to Fred. Yikes! But I haven’t seen anything different with the update. Will report in if I do.

Thanks for letting me know. The "update now" thing is really bugging me (and making my game buggy, too) so I'd like to update, but not if poor Fred would be injured in the process. I'm glad it didn't hurt your game!

Thanks for letting me know. The "update now" thing is really bugging me (and making my game buggy, too) so I'd like to update, but not if poor Fred would be injured in the process. I'm glad it didn't hurt your game!

FYI: Fred finished up his 6 task for the blueprint. I leveled him to 2. Game is fine. You are probably safe to update when you want to do so.

Interesting some of you have Wasabi and Fred already - my game says they are not available for another ~12 hours

I did the update this afternoon - not sure if that impacted things

Interesting some of you have Wasabi and Fred already - my game says they are not available for another ~12 hours

I have Fred. Wasabi wasn't ever available early.

Hiro and Honey Lemon are at 4 ready for 5, and Go Go is at 3 ready for 4. I've got 9 blueprints and 4 wires. I pretty much have no idea who any of these characters are lol, but the event is keeping me on my toes, trying to juggle quests and token collecting. Even though I'm waiting for Wasabi to unlock I have plenty to keep me busy. I usually try to level everyone up to 5 but it's been slow going so I'm holding off unless the storyline forces me to do otherwise.

Yes, Fred is the guy next to Wasabi. I was wondering if it was a mistake that he was available so soon. Usually they make us wait until the next character is available.

I think it was all an error on the part of the interns. Originally Fred said "Complete more Big Hero 6 quests" before we could unlock him. I don't recall any other time this was the case for a character. They all had firm release dates along the three-week event. They most likely programmed him wrong and then caught their mistake.

And speaking of 'never before', I think this is the first time we've had a character trapped AND had to defeat a villain. The past two times they had us free a character were for Pooh and Stitch, neither of which had a villain. Now the villain has a character trapped, and we're already working on freeing the character. I wonder if the final 10 items for Baymax will be what prompts us to welcome the villain? Or will we have to free Baymax and THEN fight and defeat the villain? Confused.

I don't think anyone said they had Wasabi, just the prompt to welcome him. Only Fred was a glitch. Not Wasabi.

Good point, supernova. The “free the character” quests seem like they’re coming along faster this time, and I’ve liked that we’re able to work on more than one token at once. I’m at 14 blueprints and 5 wires, and I haven’t been pushing super hard on those because it feels like we’ve got plenty of time. I wasn’t thinking of the villain! I might leave my other characters at level 4 a bit longer, while I finish those blueprints and wires...

And speaking of 'never before', I think this is the first time we've had a character trapped AND had to defeat a villain. The past two times they had us free a character were for Pooh and Stitch, neither of which had a villain. Now the villain has a character trapped, and we're already working on freeing the character. I wonder if the final 10 items for Baymax will be what prompts us to welcome the villain? Or will we have to free Baymax and THEN fight and defeat the villain? Confused.

Spoiler alert: , check out the event goals page, we welcome Yokai, build robotics, welcome baymax, fix his suit. I would imagine that you can't welcome a villain you haven't defeated, so you would have a few battles without baymax. Who knows, some people got Fred early (glad for that because these battle bot drops are listed as (rare) so that kinda sucks.

13 Blueprints and 5 wires. I don't have enough gems to get Fred, not that my game would have let me. It still says 45 min for me.

Good point, supernova. The “free the character” quests seem like they’re coming along faster this time, and I’ve liked that we’re able to work on more than one token at once. I’m at 14 blueprints and 5 wires, and I haven’t been pushing super hard on those because it feels like we’ve got plenty of time. I wasn’t thinking of the villain! I might leave my other characters at level 4 a bit longer, while I finish those blueprints and wires...
That's exactly my plan at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter