• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Agreed, and was thinking the same thing during the livestream. I think this update is not real "Disney". I play this game because its my Disney fix. The music, the classics, the rides. Putting a movie like this seems very un-Disney. This is the newest of films to come out from DIsney that they have added, and should have added more classics before this :(

Zootopia is newer than BH6, but I feel that that movie very much has the "Disney" feel to it. It's their classic talking animals shtick but told through a whole new lens, with a deeply relevant and emotional story line everyone can learn from. I can appreciate what Disney tried to do in BH6, trying something new and telling a story of loss from a young man's perspective, but ultimately BH6 is a story told by Marvel first and I feel like they relied on that too heavily. It just felt like a very cookie cutter super hero story. Maybe I'll give it another shot today - Disney gave it to me for free for downloading Disney Movies Anywhere a while ago, but I haven't watched it since theaters.

Zootopia is newer than BH6, but I feel that that movie very much has the "Disney" feel to it. It's their classic talking animals shtick but told through a whole new lens, with a deeply relevant and emotional story line everyone can learn from. I can appreciate what Disney tried to do in BH6, trying something new and telling a story of loss from a young man's perspective, but ultimately BH6 is a story told by Marvel first and I feel like they relied on that too heavily. It just felt like a very cookie cutter super hero story. Maybe I'll give it another shot today - Disney gave it to me for free for downloading Disney Movies Anywhere a while ago, but I haven't watched it since theaters.

I loved Zootopia! And I definitely heard a lot of people talking about it when it came out. Never heard of big hero 6. I’ve seen the big white guy (Baymax? Only know his name thru here) before probably on tv and such but that’s about it.

I loved Zootopia! And I definitely heard a lot of people talking about it when it came out. Never heard of big hero 6. I’ve seen the big white guy (Baymax? Only know his name thru here) before probably on tv and such but that’s about it.

Yeah, I think Disney kind of wanted to make Baymax a new, modern mascot for the company (Kind of like they tried with Stitch in the 2000s, and like Olaf is now) so they've had him pop up a lot of places. He's still a Meet & Greet character in Future World.

Just completed a survey....
Same here. One of those "we didn't listen to you last time, why do you think this time will be any different" surveys. Hell, my favorite two Disney films weren't even on the list. Not to mention that films that are ALREADY included in the game, along with the upcoming Big Hero 6, are in the list of films we'd like to see in the game. Nicely done, interns...

Same here. One of those "we didn't listen to you last time, why do you think this time will be any different" surveys. Hell, my favorite two Disney films weren't even on the list. Not to mention that films that are ALREADY included in the game, along with the upcoming Big Hero 6, are in the list of films we'd like to see in the game. Nicely done, interns...

:sad2: It's just sad.

Meh. I’ve never seen Big Hero 6. I know who Baymax is but that’s it. I’m a completionist when it comes to events so I’ll play, and I’ve got over 1k in gems now (one of the positives of the last event was the fact that I didn’t need to use them as I sure as heck wasn’t going to buy any legendary chests)

Meh. I’ve never seen Big Hero 6. I know who Baymax is but that’s it. I’m a completionist when it comes to events so I’ll play, and I’ve got over 1k in gems now (one of the positives of the last event was the fact that I didn’t need to use them as I sure as heck wasn’t going to buy any legendary chests)
For those of you harshing on BH6 without seeing it, trying watching it first.
It is not "classic" disney, but it does have elements of classic Disney, specifically scenes with Baymax (check out the ones between him and the family cat). There is a loss of the parents, just like many of the earlier Disney films, and they try to shove in a comedic sidekick which works to a degree. The moral story of how to handle rage and loss without becoming consumed by revenge is good, and relevant to many kids who grow up in broken homes or lose someone due to gang violence. It also promotes the arts of math and science as well as trying to inspire originality and creativity in kids, which is something sorely lacking in films these days.
Not my favorite Disney movie, but definitely one that I think deserves being in the game, far more so than Meet the Robinsons or some of the others that I have a feeling will be included in this game before we ever get Little Mermaid.

No survey in my game. I guess they don't care what I think. Not that they listened when I filled out the last survey.

Honestly, while Big Hero 6 doesn't feel much like a typical Disney movie, I agree with PrincessS121212 that it's definitely worth watching. I like some of the scenes between Baymax and Hiro.

No survey in my game. I guess they don't care what I think. Not that they listened when I filled out the last survey.

Honestly, while Big Hero 6 doesn't feel much like a typical Disney movie, I agree with PrincessS121212 that it's definitely worth watching. I like some of the scenes between Baymax and Hiro.
I didn't get a survey either. Maybe they know who we are.....

I got the survey around afternoon time yesterday. Alot of questions about , pick the movies you want to see in the game, have you made purchases in DMK, whats your least favorite thing in the game, favorite, etc. Hopefully they actually read them :rolleyes1

Last edited:
For those of you harshing on BH6 without seeing it, trying watching it first.
It is not "classic" disney, but it does have elements of classic Disney, specifically scenes with Baymax (check out the ones between him and the family cat). There is a loss of the parents, just like many of the earlier Disney films, and they try to shove in a comedic sidekick which works to a degree. The moral story of how to handle rage and loss without becoming consumed by revenge is good, and relevant to many kids who grow up in broken homes or lose someone due to gang violence. It also promotes the arts of math and science as well as trying to inspire originality and creativity in kids, which is something sorely lacking in films these days.
Not my favorite Disney movie, but definitely one that I think deserves being in the game, far more so than Meet the Robinsons or some of the others that I have a feeling will be included in this game before we ever get Little Mermaid.

I am a big fan of Big Hero 6 and echo your thoughts.

And normally I have a cold, dead heart but I was tearing up quite a bit towards the end

And the previous add was Bambi (doesn’t get much more classic than that) so they are probably alternating a bit

I got the survey around afternoon time yesterday. Alot of questions about , pick the movies you want to see in the game, have you made purchases in DMK, whats your least favorite thing in the game, favorite, etc. Hopefully they actually ream them :rolleyes1

Oh, when the numbers come back with how low a percentage of players spend real mone, I am sure they will ream the interns ;)

I got the survey around afternoon time yesterday. Alot of questions about , pick the movies you want to see in the game, have you made purchases in DMK, whats your least favorite thing in the game, favorite, etc. Hopefully they actually ream them :rolleyes1

Oh, when the numbers come back with how low a percentage of players spend real mone, I am sure they will ream the interns ;)

I'm always one rooting for the interns to be reamed. If only @CaptHook34 didn't actually mean 'read'...

Yes,because it's the interns who are responsible for the low sales.

Honestly,it really amazes me how much people blame the developers for most of the issues the players are personally having. Lack of land?Blame the developers(despite the fact that they themselves have said that opening up multiple areas at a time were bound to cause bugs and that it would take a lot of work to insure that the process worked smoothly,not to mention we can store items if we don't have the room). Got ripped off by not getting what you want from a lootbox that gives you a chance to earn what you want?Blame the developers despite the fact that you're the one who willingly forked over the money/gems. Annoyed over frequent events despite the fact that you have a choice to indulge or not?Blame the developers. It's just a game,guys.

Yes,because it's the interns who are responsible for the low sales.

Honestly,it really amazes me how much people blame the developers for most of the issues the players are personally having. Lack of land?Blame the developers(despite the fact that they themselves have said that opening up multiple areas at a time were bound to cause bugs and that it would take a lot of work to insure that the process worked smoothly,not to mention we can store items if we don't have the room). Got ripped off by not getting what you want from a lootbox that gives you a chance to earn what you want?Blame the developers despite the fact that you're the one who willingly forked over the money/gems. Annoyed over frequent events despite the fact that you have a choice to indulge or not?Blame the developers. It's just a game,guys.

Really, it’s just a game? I didn’t know that, thanks for the heads us. Seriously though, while we are aware that it’s just a game, does that mean we’re not allowed to complain about decision the delelopers do, or do not make? Do we take it too far at times? Sure we do, part of the purpose/value for this board is to vent our frustration with the direction this game may, or may not be taking.

Yes the developers do get a lot of blame on these boards, truthfully more than they should, but it's equally as silly to try to take issues, that are very likely developer made and put the blame on the players.

Lack of land: Sorry, they do deserve much of the blame. They might be right that opening up multiple areas at a time might cause bugs, but that’s nothing but an excuse. How many updates/events have they released with no land additions? They could have easily opened up ONE plot of land on any of them. Chances of bugs would have been greatly reduced and they would have made us happy. They added all that new land well over a year ago and still haven’t opened it all up yet. Shockingly, the addition of that unusable land didn’t “break” anything, so I doubt opening up a plot of land every month or two would have either.

You can store items if you don’t have the room: Yes we can, but why should we have to? There should be enough room (technically there might be) to store all items. If they continue to release items than they should provide enough land to fit the new building/attractions. And don’t get me started on the concessions that they continue to release, or even worse the worthless decorations. That’s not even taking into account that they have a tendency to create buildings/attractions that have a much larger footprint than the need to, or should have. Reducing there size would resolve much of the land/space issues.

Lootboxes: I agree, people probably shouldn’t get upset if they didn’t get what they wanted. That said If I spend money on chests and got junk in return, I wouldn’t be happy.

Number of events: Of course we don’t have to participate in events and it’s a decision we’ve made. Problem is events use to be a fun additions that came around 3 or 4 times a year. Now they’ve lost most of their magic and become a chore that feel like a money grab, which let’s be honest, they are.

While I continue to play and complain (more than I should) I will also compliment them when they do something I like. It’s there game and they can do with it whatever they want to, but I also have the right to complain about things I don’t like.

I'd just like to point out that from experience, the developers actually have very little to no say in this game. The decisions about the direction of the game etc are made higher up (the developers may be able to express their opinion in meetings etc but are not decision makers), and the developers simply code what they are told to do. So, blaming them for anything at all is pointless. If you want to blame someone, blame the "faceless management team" at Gameloft...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter