Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well guys, I intended to post a surprise, but we got a little too tired and dehydrated to pull it off.

I’m currently in Paris. We have enjoyed 4 days in the city and are heading to DLP on Thursday morning. One of the things we did was look at the Christmas window displays at the 5 major department stores. A little more than a block away from the Printemps store is the Gameloft studio and I was going to go over and take a photo of the building. But we ended up taking a break at McDonalds instead.

Well guys, I intended to post a surprise, but we got a little too tired and dehydrated to pull it off.

I’m currently in Paris. We have enjoyed 4 days in the city and are heading to DLP on Thursday morning. One of the things we did was look at the Christmas window displays at the 5 major department stores. A little more than a block away from the Printemps store is the Gameloft studio and I was going to go over and take a photo of the building. But we ended up taking a break at McDonalds instead.
Have an awesome time in Paris. Remember your ‘Bonjours’!

Enjoy! LOL about Gameloft. After a few days there this summer I started getting my game ads "en francais" which was fun. :)

Didn't have the best time at DLP, but it was more because of the locals. Zero courtesy when I came to meeting characters, as I watched folks jumping in front of others without any regard for a line. And wow, not an empty standing ashtrays that to be found.

Last edited:
French logistics leave a lot to be desired. It’s what I was fearful of, and we’ve had a few bumps but not too bad in that we got what we needed without too much adjustment.

The big unknown is that we have our TGV to CDG on Monday at 7:50 AM. You are supposed to just be able to walk from the hotels through Disney Village. But this week they have a new procedure and you can tell they haven’t thought things through. Early entry is at 8:00. But they didn’t open security until 8 on Friday. So you have lost a bunch of time by the time you can even get to the gate. Saturday they adjusted to open security at 7:45. We asked our concierge and they were confused about this too. But they were helpful and when DH went to ask about park maps, the person had an update but no real answer of what to do. He thought they should still let us through but not confident. DH tried to ask security but they were not comfortable with speaking English.

There is a shuttle from the hotel that runs to the train, that comes every 12 minutes. This is our new plan, just to be safe. But we are also staying in the Golden Forest Club and have a breakfast buffet that opens at 7. So what we wanted to do was be there right at 7, grab a couple pastries and head to the train. But now we have to make sure not to miss the shuttle.

The only other semi significant problem was that it rained much harder today than we expected. And so all our clothes and shoes are drenched. We have lived in Washington and my Dad is now in Florida so it’s not like we aren’t used to rain, but this was just constant for hours.

Otherwise we are having a great time, saw the Christmas show and parade, managed a Limited Edition pin release that needed a reservation. Lines have been pretty non existent so far which helps with the bad weather.

French logistics leave a lot to be desired. It’s what I was fearful of, and we’ve had a few bumps but not too bad in that we got what we needed without too much adjustment.

The big unknown is that we have our TGV to CDG on Monday at 7:50 AM. You are supposed to just be able to walk from the hotels through Disney Village. But this week they have a new procedure and you can tell they haven’t thought things through. Early entry is at 8:00. But they didn’t open security until 8 on Friday. So you have lost a bunch of time by the time you can even get to the gate. Saturday they adjusted to open security at 7:45. We asked our concierge and they were confused about this too. But they were helpful and when DH went to ask about park maps, the person had an update but no real answer of what to do. He thought they should still let us through but not confident. DH tried to ask security but they were not comfortable with speaking English.

There is a shuttle from the hotel that runs to the train, that comes every 12 minutes. This is our new plan, just to be safe. But we are also staying in the Golden Forest Club and have a breakfast buffet that opens at 7. So what we wanted to do was be there right at 7, grab a couple pastries and head to the train. But now we have to make sure not to miss the shuttle.

The only other semi significant problem was that it rained much harder today than we expected. And so all our clothes and shoes are drenched. We have lived in Washington and my Dad is now in Florida so it’s not like we aren’t used to rain, but this was just constant for hours.

Otherwise we are having a great time, saw the Christmas show and parade, managed a Limited Edition pin release that needed a reservation. Lines have been pretty non existent so far which helps with the bad weather.
Have an amazing time! I was in Paris last year but never made it to the land

Didn't have the best time at DLP, but it was more because of the locals. Zero courtesy when I came to meeting characters, as I watched folks jumping in front of others without any regard for a line. And wow, not an empty standing ash that to be found.
Empty standing ash? Do you mean ashtray and a lot of smoking? Blech.

We also didn't have the best time in DLP, but I have always assumed it was because it was a last minute decision to go there one afternoon. A total lack of planning is often a problem in Disney parks. Did you get the upgraded FPs they sell? We didn't go back to DLP last summer when we were in Paris, partly because of the crowds and partly because there was so much else to see and do, but I'm considering a day trip next summer. Would love to know more about your time there.

Just pushed back from our gate. So we obviously got to the train. We didn’t use Premiere Access. Between time of year, the rainy weather and early entry we didn’t need it. I’ll write more about the experience when I get back to an actual computer.

I’m happy about the Muppets addition.

PSA: purchase your muppet relics as soon as you build Kermie’s swamp so you can buy the max 15 before starting to get them from the daily ad chests.

I’m on tier 133.

Finished all tokens for Indiana Jones characters and put those attractions away just in time to make room for Kermit’s swamp.

nearing the end of Aristocats tokens. well….20 away on O’Malley so maybe finish him this time next yr.

Black Cauldron chugging along.

@hopemax Enjoy your travels! Thanks for sharing.

For those that like to get the new Parade Float, it appears there is a different way this event. I saw something over on the right of my screen and pressed it. A window popped up that shows different things for different stages. The first item was free. Then the second was some event currency for maybe 40 gems. Then the next item was free. Then there was more event currency for around 60 gems. Then another free item. Then the Muppets Float was the last item and it was "free". Granted to get there you had to spend 100 gems. If you look at history, most floats were around 60 gems. So this is a bit "more expensive" than in previous events. But you do get some other "free" time skip tokens plus some event currency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter