Disney Magical Express Question

Thanks for the heads up Mrs PH! I'm trying to convince my DH that we should save the $400 and not rent a car. This would mean that 'the clubs' would have more transfers getting reconected to my DH. Like Simba's Mom's DH mine has a hard time with club seperation and would be devastated if they were lost (we won't talk about the $$)

And you also do not need to be using ME to utilize the resort checkin if you are flying with a participating airline.

So, can you check-in at the hotel, including your bags, then drive to the airport with the rental? I don't know if I can convince DH to give up the car. It's a control thing.

So, can you check-in at the hotel, including your bags, then drive to the airport with the rental? I don't know if I can convince DH to give up the car. It's a control thing.

We like having the rental until the airport too. It gives you more freedom. You can checkin first thing in the morning and then do a park, go to lunch, whatever works for your schedule.

It is a wonderful thing!:goodvibes

But again it is only for certain airlines. I know the complete list is on the transportation board. Chip n Dale Express has a sticky about it. But I remember United and American....because we use them. I think I know the others but don't want to make a mistake listing them.

When you do resort checkin though, all members of your party have to be there with the required ids for adults because you are really checking in just as you would at the airport.

And don't wait until too late in the day. The resort airline desks close around 2. But the times have changed since we first started doing it so I would be sure to check with your resort once your there for exact times for the desk.

We're on SW this next trip and I am going to sorely miss it.

I have questions about the Magical Express. I want to use them in July of this year (I forget we are in 2007 I almost put next year). I can see there is no problem getting to SSR but what about when you go back to the airport? Do they have multiple times to leave? Examples if your plane does not leave till 6:00 can you catch Magical Express around 2:00? Thanks in advance for your responses?

It is a wonderful thing!:goodvibes

But again it is only for certain airlines. I know the complete list is on the transportation board. Chip n Dale Express has a sticky about it. But I remember United and American....because we use them. I think I know the others but don't want to make a mistake listing them.

When you do resort checkin though, all members of your party have to be there with the required ids for adults because you are really checking in just as you would at the airport.

I know Airtran is in a trial run for the resort check-in. This could work very nicely if we could get the check-in accomplished before and not have to drag the bags to the airport. We have an early flight too, so an extra half hour could be a big thing.

I have questions about the Magical Express. I want to use them in July of this year (I forget we are in 2007 I almost put next year). I can see there is no problem getting to SSR but what about when you go back to the airport? Do they have multiple times to leave? Examples if your plane does not leave till 6:00 can you catch Magical Express around 2:00? Thanks in advance for your responses?

Two days before you leave you will get a note under your door telling you what your pick up time is. Be at the bus area on time, as they roll in exactly on time, open the doors, throw in the luggage, and roll out in 5 minutes!

Since tighter airline checkins, I believe the pickup times are between 3 and 4 hours before your flight time. They run almost every 20-30 minutes so you won't be far off from that.

Two days before you leave you will get a note under your door telling you what your pick up time is. Be at the bus area on time, as they roll in exactly on time, open the doors, throw in the luggage, and roll out in 5 minutes!

Since tighter airline checkins, I believe the pickup times are between 3 and 4 hours before your flight time. They run almost every 20-30 minutes so you won't be far off from that.
Actually, as I learned the hard way, be at the DME pick up BEFORE the posted pick-up time (it tells you that on the sheet, I noticed too late). On one trip, DME showed up early, loaded everyone (they thought) on, then took off. I arrived on time to bell services telling me they'd departed a few minutes early. An hour later (no more DME came), I ended up with a cab. DME counts sometimes, and since I was solo, according to bell services, the DME driver probably shrugged, figured he'd miscounted by one, and left. After that sad lesson, I always show up about 10-15 minutes early for DME, especially when I'm solo.

Thanks for the quick replies. I think we will use them. Since we usually get to the airport 3 to 4 hours early. We also use American Airlines or United so we will be able to check in at the hotel. Have a wounderful New Year.

Giving this thread a bump because it answered all my DME questions - and I wanted to share it with other newbies like me. :)

We have used DME 10 times now and really enjoy the service. We have never had to wait more than about 20 minutes after checking in at the DME desk before leaving MCO.

I would not have any concern over letting Disney deliver our luggage to our room. The only drawback is that it could take a few hours to arrive (but they will still deliver it right to your room).

If you retrieve it yourself, then you will be responsible for carrying it to DME and to your room (Bell staff will assist at the resort), but it may add 30 minutes to your trip to retrieve the luggage.

I'd suggest using all of the services provided by DME - just make sure you have all essentials in your carry-on luggage and let Disney take care of your checked bags.

Enjoy!

We just used DME and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to VWL...not planning to use it again but the buses are very nice and it was convenient

This is a wonderful service and we use it every time. However we usually get our luggage ourselves now and take it with us just in case our room is ready. Otherwise it can be hours before it is delivered to your room. The one time our flight was a late one (in at 10pm) and at 1am we still didn't have the luggage. When we went to the front desk, they told us although it was there, they were hesitant to deliver it late in case we were sleeping. So if you want to make sure you have your luggage quick - just pick it up yourselves and take it with you. The bus driver will load it on your bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter