Disney Nails!

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
I like to do something "Disney" to my nails before my trip.

HMnail.jpg

This is 2009. I used acrylic black paint to put a Mickey on my nails.

IMG_0108.jpg

This is 2010. I bought gem nail decals and arranged them into a Mickey.

Now I'm trying out different styles for this trip:

IMG_0482.jpg

I call this Pixie Dust. :goodvibes

IMG_0483.jpg

These are inspired by IASW. I wanted to paint some big leaves in the background but I seem to have misplaced my paints.

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

These are Little Mermaid/Nemo inspired.

Yes, these are my own nails. I'm not interested in worrying about fake nails falling up. If one breaks, that's the way it goes. :confused3

I still like the Mickey nails and will probably do something along those lines again.

If anyone else has pictures of their Disney nails I'd love to see them. :lovestruc

Uh I only WISH I was that nail painting talented. I still consider it a victory if I can do it without getting it all over my dang finger.

Love yours! I may steal the jewel mickey :) Those I can do LOL

I know you were looking for photos, but I had a question to throw out there to anyone. Has anyone ever seen or know where to buy the nail decals/stickers w/ Disney or the Princesses on them? I've looked everywhere I could think of, and I've never found any.

Love the Black Mickey head. How did you get the little circles?

I know you were looking for photos, but I had a question to throw out there to anyone. Has anyone ever seen or know where to buy the nail decals/stickers w/ Disney or the Princesses on them? I've looked everywhere I could think of, and I've never found any.

Love the Black Mickey head. How did you get the little circles?

This stread started because I was discussing on another thread how I wished I coud buy Disney nail decals. I've searched on Amazon and of course, I'm looking in the nail section of stores. I have never found any. The most I've found was some on fake nails in a little girl's size. If anyone finds them I'd love to know too!

I made the black mickey heads with a tiny paint brush and arcrylic paint. I just painted the circles. Someone on here was telling me she just bought a nail polish pen and was going to try with that. I had seen those and was thinking of giving it a try too. So I hope she reports how it worked.

If anyone is trying to do little dots for mickey head or ears, take a toothpick and dip it in your paint or polish then just touch it to your nail. Voila - round dot! Practice on a piece of paper to see how much paint/polish you need for what sized dot you want.

Running with Sarah's idea..you could use the end of a pen/pencil/paintbrush (the handle) for something round. Cool idea, Sarah!

I also saw "water decals" in my searches. It seems that you have add water to get them off the paper and slide them on to your nail some how. Sounds tricky to me. I haven't seen them in the stores I've looked at. Just online.

I did a search on ebay and found some Mickey ones by that Kiss brand. But I would love to buy these in the store!

Awesome, and thanks for sharing photos!

You totally reminded me that I wanted to do something like this for a few of my previous trips but I don't trust myself to be able to do it on my own, haha. Maybe this time I'll just snag some of the decals off eBay and go from there.

Someone on here was telling me she just bought a nail polish pen and was going to try with that. I had seen those and was thinking of giving it a try too. So I hope she reports how it worked.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Ok, so this is what I used. I got it at Walmart for $8.00. It turned out ok I guess. The pen bleeds easily if you are not careful. And it is just like nail polish in that it can be kind of thin and the design looks better with a second coat. It also recommends that you put a clear coat on top of your design. But the polish/ink comes out very easily (quickly if you're not careful) and the pen seems like it would last awhile. Overall, I'm pleased. :thumbsup2

i3D44B1CA-CBE9-485B-97F0-56DBB46E28E1.jpg

Oh cute! Thanks for posting the pic and writing a mini review! :) I may have to try one of those pens too.

IMG_0501.jpg

Ok, I call this one Flower Power Mickey. :goodvibes
I think I may go with something along this line for my trip. I don't have time to order anything from Ebay. Also odd, I looked up the Kiss Inc website and looked up their products and the Disney ones listed on Ebay weren't there. So, makes me worry about where they came from.

All these would be super cute on Big Toes too!! I love it! Am going to get some good practice in prior to our trip :)

My daughter will love them too :)

My DD16 does our nails before every trip with the Sally Hansen nail pens.

Here are the the ones she did for me in August.

IMGP0010-2.jpg

And these are hers

IMGP0026.jpg

IMGP0027-2.jpg

IMGP0034-2.jpg

IMGP0034-2-1.jpg

IMGP0133-2.jpg

IMGP0134-2.jpg

IMGP0138-2.jpg

How cute are these!!! minnie nails

Oh my goodness! Those Minnie nails are too cute! I never seen a dotting tool before. :confused3

My DD16 does our nails before every trip with the Sally Hansen nail pens.

I really like that first thumb nail with the one mickey head and the scribbles. All them are very cute though! Great pics! I'm gonna have to try those nail pens. They look fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter