Disney Nails!

I've had the Flower Power Mickey on my nail for a few days now and I think I really like it. Everytime I look at it, it remindes me of the fireworks.

I saw your picture and they reminded me of fireworks too. I love them!! Did you do those yourself or were those decals as well?

Love the toe are with Pluto too. Definitely talented!!

I was in Party City the other day and they had a whole bunch of different Disney Stickers. I picked some up to play around w/, b/c some were small enough for nails. Has anyone tried stickers before? I was thinking of applying them when the color coat was somewhat but not completely dry and applying a lot of clear coats on top. We'll see though.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1888585737317.2110655.1321661771#!/media/set/?set=a.1888585737317.2110655.1321661771&closeTheater=1

OK I tried to post a photo from my FB, but it didn't work, so try this. It's a link to the album of mobile photos I have on FB.....you should be able to see it here depending on my settings......if it doesn't work let me know.

I couldn't see it. It said it was unavailable.

So cute, ladies! I never thought of doing something like that before! This would be super fun to do before a trip!

I saw your picture and they reminded me of fireworks too. I love them!! Did you do those yourself or were those decals as well?

Love the toe are with Pluto too. Definitely talented!!

I was in Party City the other day and they had a whole bunch of different Disney Stickers. I picked some up to play around w/, b/c some were small enough for nails. Has anyone tried stickers before? I was thinking of applying them when the color coat was somewhat but not completely dry and applying a lot of clear coats on top. We'll see though.

Those are flower decal stickers. I just used a smaller sized flower for the ears. I got them at Walmart last year because they came with some small gem stickers. (I used those in an earlier picture) In high school I used to paint detailed pictures on my nails with arcrylic paints. I've discovered that is easier to paint with that than nail polish. Put a top coat over it and it stays just the same.

I was thinking of using regular small stickers too. Worth a try, but I think I would let the nail dry first otherwise it might dent or smear. Also, a plastic or metallic sticker might work better than a paper one, but you never know until you try.

You and your daughter are so creative! :goodvibes Do you guys use the Sally nail pens for all of the intricate designs or do you use other tools? Some of the details are so tiny and intricate. I am impressed! :thumbsup2

Thanks she is very artistic! She did everything even the pluto and mickey with the nail pens. They are water based so if u make a mistake you can just wipe it off with water so you do not mess up your base coat. If you do get them make sure you put clear coat on or it will wipe off. Also make sure you have enough clear coat on the brush or it will smear your design.

I couldn't see it. It said it was unavailable.

So cute, ladies! I never thought of doing something like that before! This would be super fun to do before a trip!

I thought that might happen....I'll see if I can make the folder public. :)

I heard back from my friend. She actually did the french manicure style painting to make mickey stand out more. So it's on painted nails. She wasn't sure how much they were only that it was from Ebay not much money and free shipping. Also they are not stickers it is a water slide decal. (being that you just get the mickey wet and then press it on the nail it sound simple to do during a trip)

So I searched and found the same design that fit her description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-DISNEY-MICKE...477?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a95c0dc9d

But also found tons of stickers and other Disney nail decals that appear to be fairly cheap when it has free shipping.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=disney+nail+decals

I cannot find my album of nail photos I have done in the past. It's no big deal, I will just keep doing more and post them up :goodvibes

My mini toe nails-you should ideally add red sparkles on top of the red coat before adding the white dots.

Now I can see it. Fancy nails! I never can decide which way to put pictures on my nails though! :rotfl: Upside down to me, or upside to everyone else? I usually do them so I can see them, but I see all the pics on the packages show them the other way.

Interesting pin pictures too. ;)

Thanks! :) That's why I like stickers/decals that show right from either side. LOL I did put the mickey so others could see him tho. :)

I posted the pin photos for Matt, he wanted to see some examples of scrappers. :)

Cute!! You all are inspiring me to start decorating my toes! Right now I have a halfway grown out pedicure :rolleyes1

Anyone have any ideas why toe nails can grow so much longer and stronger than fingernails? It is just so disgusting my toe nails! And my fingernails too, because they do not grow like me ugly, disgustin' toe nails. Matter of fact, the last time that I actually showed my toe nails in public, it was out on the beach and several dogs over the course of the day, attempted and several times at that, to bury them. It was funny, scary, but funny! ;) I figure the reason for it is because we use our hands far more than our toes, hence fingernails breaking, etc. But what about the stronger thicker part? You know the only good thing about my ugly toes is that when I need to run in the opposite direction of the Federales, all I have to do is just take off my zapatos and show them my toes, then they all back off. Now that is humorous ............ ;) :) No, really. Forget the wanted posters in the Mexican villages of me, you can best i.d. me by my grody toes..... :faint:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Ok, so this is what I used. I got it at Walmart for $8.00. It turned out ok I guess. The pen bleeds easily if you are not careful. And it is just like nail polish in that it can be kind of thin and the design looks better with a second coat. It also recommends that you put a clear coat on top of your design. But the polish/ink comes out very easily (quickly if you're not careful) and the pen seems like it would last awhile. Overall, I'm pleased. :thumbsup2

i3D44B1CA-CBE9-485B-97F0-56DBB46E28E1.jpg

Cute!

I bought the same nail pen as I've always just done my Mickey Heads free style (using a toothpick and black acrylic paint...or white acrylic...or pink...:P). I hate(d) the pen. I still haven't been able to get it to work right. So, I'm sticking with my acrylic paint. :D

I really loved seeing everyone's pictures. Too cute! You all are so creative!

These are my Minnie Mouse red dress inspired nails. I cut the end off a q-tip and dipped it in white nail polish, poured onto a ceramic plate, to make the dots. The black bows were a little harder for me. I used the black nail art polish brush to make triangles and connected the black polish with a toothpick, finishing with a dab a sliver nail art paint. It was my first nail art attempt.

0111111343-1.jpg

These are Nailene full cover nails. I can't seem to grow my nails very long before they split or break. The Nailene nails stayed on all week.

Anyone have any ideas why toe nails can grow so much longer and stronger than fingernails? It is just so disgusting my toe nails! And my fingernails too, because they do not grow like me ugly, disgustin' toe nails. Matter of fact, the last time that I actually showed my toe nails in public, it was out on the beach and several dogs over the course of the day, attempted and several times at that, to bury them. It was funny, scary, but funny! ;) I figure the reason for it is because we use our hands far more than our toes, hence fingernails breaking, etc. But what about the stronger thicker part? You know the only good thing about my ugly toes is that when I need to run in the opposite direction of the Federales, all I have to do is just take off my zapatos and show them my toes, then they all back off. Now that is humorous ............ ;) :) No, really. Forget the wanted posters in the Mexican villages of me, you can best i.d. me by my grody toes..... :faint:

Gisele, you need to quit being so hard on youself. I'm sure there are plenty of beautiful things about you.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter