Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everything you've done to keep the news up to date - you've earned a break. I hope to still see you around on here.

Thanks also to Hokie, for stepping in and keeping things going.
Enjoy your hiatus. We’ll miss your sunshine :sunny:
You were the only reason this thread stayed alive at all and I really appreciate it. Thank you for all that you to did to keep it going!
Thanks for all you've done to keep things going, you deserve a break, I hope we'll still see you popping in here and there!
Thanks for all your hard work! This thread is the best place to find and discuss Disney-related news! Looks like HokieRaven5 is doing a great job already so hope you are able to relax a little and still drop by to enjoy the thread with us!
Thank you so much for all of your efforts! You not only kept us informed, you did so in such a positive and fun way! You made this thread a happy place to share in Disney news.
I can totally relate to life being busy. Thank you for being you! In the future, if you ever have a creative burst of energy, one of your Friday "dancing" type posts would be appreciated. They are always so funny. Glad we will see you around the boards!
Thank you all so much for the kind words. You don’t know how much they truly mean to me. 🥹🥰

Out of curiosity. Do these buckets “count” for refills over the year or something? They gave them out for the DVC event we went to, and I didn’t want to wait in the line.
That's what I'd like to know. I read the article expecting to read during the next x months, refills are Y amount. Of course my DH still thinks the popcorn is like the refillable mug. I wish it was.

All-You-Can-Eat Churros Vacation Package Plan Coming to Tokyo Disney Resort

3D56ACF4-2C6A-476D-B4B6-404117AFFDDE.jpeg

From January 4 through January 26, guests visiting Tokyo Disney Resort can book the “[Recommended for Students] Stay and Enjoy Tokyo Disney Resort 2DAYS” Vacation Package, which while cut down compared to other offerings does include unlimited churros during your trip!

Here’s how it works — Vacation Packages include a night at a Disney Hotel, two days worth of park tickets (one for each park), and a few other benefits like special souvenirs. This particular plan starts off at Tokyo DisneySea on day one, then on to Tokyo Disneyland for day two. Three meal reservations are included, as well as one souvenir popcorn bucket per room, and two timed entry tickets to select popular attractions per day.

Each guest will get a special ticket which entitles them to a free churro wherever churros are sold at the park, and even the special flavors are eligible! That means you can chow down on cinnamon, kinako (a sweet roasted soybean flour), chai, caramel apple, or any other churros for sale in the parks as much as you want! Plus you can get unlimited soft drinks at every restaurant in the parks as well.

The plan goes on sale from October 28 at 1:00p.m. JST, and goes anywhere from ¥39800 ($267.36) to ¥114800 ($771.17) per person depending on which hotel and room you choose as well as what date your visit is on, with a minimum of two guests required for the reservation.

All-You-Can-Eat Churros Vacation Package Plan Coming to Tokyo Disney Resort

View attachment 713502

From January 4 through January 26, guests visiting Tokyo Disney Resort can book the “[Recommended for Students] Stay and Enjoy Tokyo Disney Resort 2DAYS” Vacation Package, which while cut down compared to other offerings does include unlimited churros during your trip!

Here’s how it works — Vacation Packages include a night at a Disney Hotel, two days worth of park tickets (one for each park), and a few other benefits like special souvenirs. This particular plan starts off at Tokyo DisneySea on day one, then on to Tokyo Disneyland for day two. Three meal reservations are included, as well as one souvenir popcorn bucket per room, and two timed entry tickets to select popular attractions per day.

Each guest will get a special ticket which entitles them to a free churro wherever churros are sold at the park, and even the special flavors are eligible! That means you can chow down on cinnamon, kinako (a sweet roasted soybean flour), chai, caramel apple, or any other churros for sale in the parks as much as you want! Plus you can get unlimited soft drinks at every restaurant in the parks as well.

The plan goes on sale from October 28 at 1:00p.m. JST, and goes anywhere from ¥39800 ($267.36) to ¥114800 ($771.17) per person depending on which hotel and room you choose as well as what date your visit is on, with a minimum of two guests required for the reservation.

Oooh...Chai Churro!

Hello everyone!! I wanted to write today to let you know I’ve decided to take a step back from posting the daily news. You know I like to bring you the news as soon as it breaks, and with life getting a bit busier for me, it’s getting harder to keep up with it. You guys are the only reason I wanted to keep going! You are all so wonderful and I hope you know how much I’ve truly appreciated all of your support and always being there for me. Most of all, thank you for letting me be my super silly self while bringing you the daily Disney updates!!! 🙃 I’ve had a blast!!!

I have asked @HokieRaven5 if he would please keep this thread going for me and he graciously agreed to going forward. I’m truly grateful!! I am not going anywhere, though. I’ll still be on the boards and of course this thread!!! And I will definitely be here to fill in to help out @HokieRaven5 if and when he ever needs a break. Thanks so much for understanding. Love you guys, you’re the best! Thank you again for everything! :grouphug:

Thanks so much for all you have done! I check this thread almost daily, and you have done a great job, as seen by the many replies, so thank you and hope to see you around.

@HokieRaven5 thank you for keeping this thread going!

Blizzard Beach to Reopen November 13th With ‘Frozen’ Additions

6ABD76F3-58F5-4432-B84C-003D8848B9D7.jpeg

Disney World has annoucned that Blizzard Beach will reopen on November 13th with additions from the Frozen franchise. Here’s the announcement:

It’s a ski-riffic time at Walt Disney World Resort as Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park prepares to reopen Nov. 13 when guests will once again set off on arctic adventures in the warm Florida sun and discover new touches from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film Frozen.

The new Frozen features will be part of the kid-sized thrills of Tike’s Peak that’s popular among young guests who will delight in the statuettes of Olaf and his Snowgie pals in the warm wading pool, as well as Anna and Elsa’s igloo castle.

The water park, which features heated water throughout the park, will also have an enhanced holiday atmosphere. This year there will be limited-time holiday offerings through Dec. 31 that include holiday-themed treats, snowfall and festive inner tubes. Guests can even meet a tropical-dressed Santa for the ultimate Florida holiday experience.

Blizzard Beach to Reopen November 13th With ‘Frozen’ Additions

View attachment 713523

Disney World has annoucned that Blizzard Beach will reopen on November 13th with additions from the Frozen franchise. Here’s the announcement:

It’s a ski-riffic time at Walt Disney World Resort as Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park prepares to reopen Nov. 13 when guests will once again set off on arctic adventures in the warm Florida sun and discover new touches from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film Frozen.

The new Frozen features will be part of the kid-sized thrills of Tike’s Peak that’s popular among young guests who will delight in the statuettes of Olaf and his Snowgie pals in the warm wading pool, as well as Anna and Elsa’s igloo castle.

The water park, which features heated water throughout the park, will also have an enhanced holiday atmosphere. This year there will be limited-time holiday offerings through Dec. 31 that include holiday-themed treats, snowfall and festive inner tubes. Guests can even meet a tropical-dressed Santa for the ultimate Florida holiday experience.
Official Post from Disney Parks Blog gives a sample of the food offerings:

FFB8A973-4895-4510-BCE0-B5C4BCE57E04.jpeg

EFD6DAB9-FA29-4CB2-9408-8F4D4BE408C0.jpeg

“Feel the holiday cheer with limited-time food and beverage offerings such as Orange Bird DOLE Whip cone and Peppermint Milkshake.”

“Guests can savor brand new bites like Cajun Shrimp and Grits, and sip on new beverage options like a Watta-Melon Passion Lemonade from Lottawatta Lounge. Returning favorite flavors include seasonal DOLE Whip offerings, a Double Bacon Cheeseburger and the iconic 50th Ice Dream Sand Pail Sundae.”

One of the major complaints is that if being at a part on a certain date is important to you, you need to use up one of your reservations well ahead of time. When the reservations were limited to 3 at a time, you could quickly find yourself unable to plan ahead very far at all. This mostly affected the locals around holiday times in particular since those filled up the earliest.
While I understand that as a greivence, if there's availabilty like we're seeing now, then planning ahead isn't too necessary, unless there's a specific event you want to see a one of the parks.

I watch and read a lot Disney vloggers and bloggers, most of whom I would assume have APs, and the common complaint about the PPR is availability, not number of reservations (I'm guessing most of them have passes that include 5 reservations).

Maybe this griping is just coming from a small yet very vocal (as one would expect) subset of AP holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter