Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Not sure if this was posted last week or not:
Walt and Mickey ‘Dream Makers’ statue debuts at Hong Kong Disneyland in October

First announced by Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro at D23 Expo 2022, The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue – called “Dream Makers” – will debut at Hong Kong Disneyland for Disney’s 100th birthday on Oct. 16, 2023.
"We are honored to celebrate 100 years of Disney with the arrival of Walt and Mickey, the dream makers who started it all,” said a statement from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
1691498280851.png

Not sure if this was posted last week or not:
Walt and Mickey ‘Dream Makers’ statue debuts at Hong Kong Disneyland in October

First announced by Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro at D23 Expo 2022, The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue – called “Dream Makers” – will debut at Hong Kong Disneyland for Disney’s 100th birthday on Oct. 16, 2023.
"We are honored to celebrate 100 years of Disney with the arrival of Walt and Mickey, the dream makers who started it all,” said a statement from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
View attachment 783867
What about the Dreamers statue at EPCOT?!

Disney Eats: What’s Cooking at The Artist’s Palette

Attention foodies! I’ve got some exciting, and tasty, news to share. A delicious destination at Walt Disney World Resort will be getting some new additions to its menu – The Artist’s Palette at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

This location will be getting a variety of new dishes sure to make you and your taste buds very happy starting tomorrow, August 9. Whether you like sweet, savory, or a little of both, you’ll want to check out this location on your next visit once you see what the talented culinary team has in store for you.

Let’s race over to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa to see what flavors The Artist’s Palette has painted up for us, shall we?

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia1.jpg

This location offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner and, starting tomorrow, will be home to a new selection of eats and some returning favorites, all available on mobile order! Start your day with Chef Nick Walker’s new plant-based creation – the Avocado Toast – because who doesn’t love avocado toast? This breakfast bite features avocado, cherry tomatoes, radish, pickled red onions, arugula, and “aïoli” on toasted sunflower bread.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia2.jpg

If you’re in for a sweeter start, try the French Toast Strata, a popular breakfast offering now updated with a delicious crème anglaise. It’s also served with fresh berries and your choice of bacon or sausage.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia3.jpg

On the move for an exciting adventure at the resort or parks? The grab-and-go market section is filled with offerings sure to please your palette, including the new Charcuterie with Chef’s selection of cheeses, cured meats, and traditional accompaniments. Another addition will be the Turkey BLT served with chef’s house-made pimento cheese.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia4.jpg

Any sandwich lovers out there? How about ones from Western New York? If so, the Beef on Weckis inspired by the classic mainstay of the region. It’s made up of sliced brisket and horseradish cream on a caraway brioche bun served with au jus and Saratoga chips. Another handheld option is the tasty Tuna Salad Sandwich on toasted sunflower bread.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia5.jpg

For pizza lovers, The Artist’s Palette is home to a wonderful pizza hearth, with dough prepared in-house. The Margherita Pizza remains but has been updated from its previous iteration, now with mozzarella, fresh pizza sauce, and basil pistou on house-made pizza dough.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia6.jpg

As dinnertime rolls around after 4:00 p.m., this spot will feature three create-your-own entrées – the Homestyle Meatloaf, Sautéed Garlic Shrimp, and Herb-roasted Chicken. All three of these dishes are served with your choice of two sides – Yukon gold mashed potatoes, garlic green beans, roasted rainbow carrots, steamed white rice, or edamame succotash. What a meal!

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia7.jpg

If you’re a fan of the longtime favorite, the Saratoga Salad, don’t worry. This staple is here to stay! It combines mixed field greens, feta, dried cranberries, apples, spiced walnuts, crispy ciabatta croutons, and lemon-poppy seed vinaigrette. Now that’s my kind of salad. Another signature offering that you can’t miss is the Ham & Cheese Panini. This bite features sliced ham, smoked gouda, dijon mustard, and quattro formaggi spread pressed to perfection.

3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia8a.jpg
3iugr4745h87t6y1gku3fyt6qt8oia8b.jpg

For a sweet finish, the bakery team has put together two new treats you’re going to love. First up is the Derby Day Pie. This delight is inspired by traditional sweets from a day at the racetrack and features a pie shell with chocolate-nut filling topped with buttercream and horseshoe décor. Also new, the signature Artist’s Palette Cookieis a mouthwatering sugar cookie with icing ‘paint’ and strawberry biscuit stick ‘paintbrush.’ It’s adorable and delicious.

List of Character Meet and Greet Locations for 2023 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

On Main street USA, Jack and Sally will again greet guests in the Town Square Theater. At the Halloween Party, Jack and Sally meet guests in their traditional outfits from the movie, while Santa Jack typically appears at the Christmas party,

In Tomorrowland, guests will be able to meet everyone’s favorite alien Stitch at the former Stitch’s Great Escape.

In the Storybook Circus section of Fantasyland, guests can meet the Seven Dwarfs inside Pete’s Silly Sideshow, Goofy at the Barnstormer, and Minnie, Donald, and Daisy at Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

In Fantasyland, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, and the Queen of Hearts will greet guests at the Mad Tea Party, your favorite friends from the Hundred Acre Woods will greet guests at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Ariel and Eric will greet guests at Ariel’s Grotto, Belle and Gaston will greet guests at Bonjour! Village Gifts, and your favorite Disney princesses will greet guests at Princess Fairytale Hall.

Guests will want to be sure to loop through Adventureland in order to meet Jafar at Aloha Isle, Jasmine, Genie, Aladdin, and Abu at Agrabah Bazaar, and Captain Jack Sparrow near Pirates of the Caribbean.

List of Character Meet and Greet Locations for 2023 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

On Main street USA, Jack and Sally will again greet guests in the Town Square Theater. At the Halloween Party, Jack and Sally meet guests in their traditional outfits from the movie, while Santa Jack typically appears at the Christmas party,

In Tomorrowland, guests will be able to meet everyone’s favorite alien Stitch at the former Stitch’s Great Escape.

In the Storybook Circus section of Fantasyland, guests can meet the Seven Dwarfs inside Pete’s Silly Sideshow, Goofy at the Barnstormer, and Minnie, Donald, and Daisy at Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

In Fantasyland, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, and the Queen of Hearts will greet guests at the Mad Tea Party, your favorite friends from the Hundred Acre Woods will greet guests at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Ariel and Eric will greet guests at Ariel’s Grotto, Belle and Gaston will greet guests at Bonjour! Village Gifts, and your favorite Disney princesses will greet guests at Princess Fairytale Hall.

Guests will want to be sure to loop through Adventureland in order to meet Jafar at Aloha Isle, Jasmine, Genie, Aladdin, and Abu at Agrabah Bazaar, and Captain Jack Sparrow near Pirates of the Caribbean.
Does anyone know if Jack and Sally do autographs? I have a NBC loungefly I'm gonna take with me and would like them to sign it if they can.

Does anyone know if Jack and Sally do autographs? I have a NBC loungefly I'm gonna take with me and would like them to sign it if they can.
I think Jack & Sally just do cards but idk
I’m surprised in the characters lists a certain someone isn’t being talked about as between the casting calls and a couple girls behind me in line the other day at MK chatting about how their friend just got the call to “work with Bruno’s friends at the party” he’s all but been confirmed

I’m surprised in the characters lists a certain someone isn’t being talked about as between the casting calls and a couple girls behind me in line the other day at MK chatting about how their friend just got the call to “work with Bruno’s friends at the party” he’s all but been confirmed

Um, they don't talk about him!

It could be that he's a wandering character, and not tied to a specific M&G. Like they do with the stepsisters.

Disney's Hollywood Studios to close early in October 2023

Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World will close early at 5:00pm on October 17, 2023.
In addition to the early close at Disney's Hollywood Studios on October 17, Magic Kingdom will also be closing at 6:00pm due to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

Park hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios on October 17, 2023, are 9:00am to 5:00pm. EPCOT will be open from 9:00am to 9:00pm, Disney's Animal Kingdom from 9:00am to 7:00pm, and Magic Kingdom from 9:000am to 6:00pm. Park hopping begins at 2:00pm.

*Early closure due to a private event for a company.

Hmmm. This is during our trip and now wondering whether this will make HWS quieter during the day and worth going to. Will avoid Epcot for sure that day!!

We currently had Tuesday as a 'nothing day' as planning a late night at Epcot for EEH on the Monday, so maybe best to stick with letting the kids have a lie in and splash about the hotel pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter