Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

This Indian food place would go great at AK!

AK needs some additional good QS options. Satuu'li is great but gets very busy at times. The rest of the QS is kind of bleh.

I just hope the English app works well with mobile order!

Also hope they accept non Japanese credit cards as payment :L

I'll let you know after we go this summer :sad2: This is the thing that's starting to drive me nuts. I just have to keep telling myself that I have been through heck before on vacation and those were great. We went to Germany days after 9/11 and were in Rome when the Pope died. Not to mention a Tube strike in London while trying to get to the Eurostar to Paris with a 3 year old. I've got this:rotfl2:

AK needs some additional good QS options. Satuu'li is great but gets very busy at times. The rest of the QS is kind of bleh.

I'll let you know after we go this summer :sad2: This is the thing that's starting to drive me nuts. I just have to keep telling myself that I have been through heck before on vacation and those were great. We went to Germany days after 9/11 and were in Rome when the Pope died. Not to mention a Tube strike in London while trying to get to the Eurostar to Paris with a 3 year old. I've got this:rotfl2:
With those credentials, if anyone can do it it's you! 💪

Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to New Palm Breeze Bar Opening Nov. 2 at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

Foodies get ready because a new spot is about to open its doors to hungry patrons ready for a tasty meal with a Disney touch. The newest Disney Vacation Club resort, The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, is now open at Disneyland Resort, and their brand-new Palm Breeze Bar will be serving up tasty eats and sips for all guests staying at The Disneyland Hotel to enjoy, starting on Nov. 2. This delightful outdoor venue will feature modern décor inspired by the imaginative artistry of Disney Legend, Mary Blair. As you enter this location, art inspired by some of the classic Walt Disney Animation Studios films and Disneyland park itself will be all around you, so keep your eyes peeled while you dine!

Whether you’re in the mood for a fresh seafood bite like the Coctel de Mariscos, some cheesy-goodness with the Cheese Fry Poutine, the Beignets for a sweet finish (with a Disney twist), or the Strawberry Thyme Fizz for a refreshing sip, Palm Breeze Bar will have something for everyone to enjoy it when it opens, so bring your appetite.

Well, I think it’s time we get to the full menu, don’t you? I’m thrilled to share with you all of the eats and sips coming to Disneyland Resort with the opening of Palm Breeze Bar at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel. Let’s go!

Food at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel in Palm Breeze Bar: Coctel de Mariscos: Fresh market fish, gulf shrimp, snow crab claw, and avocado, Ahi Tuna Tataki: Aji Amarillo ponzu, persillade, and crispy wonton, Avocado & Lime Hummus Dip: Crudite vegetables, espelette, and crispy pita, Cheese Fry Poutine: Demi-glace, cheese sauce, chive sour cream, and pimento, Cocktail Chicken Wings: Bourbon barbeque glaze, chile aïoli

Shareables:

• Coctel de Mariscos: Fresh market fish, gulf shrimp, snow crab claw, and avocado
  • Ahi Tuna Tataki: Aji Amarillo ponzu, persillade, and crispy wonton
  • Avocado & Lime Hummus Dip: Crudite vegetables, espelette, and crispy pita
  • Cheese Fry Poutine: Demi-glace, cheese sauce, chive sour cream, and pimento
  • Cocktail Chicken Wings: Bourbon barbeque glaze, chile aïoli
Salads at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, Palm Breeze Bar - Heirloom Beet Salad: Roasted and marinated beets, baby kale, Persian cucumber, whipped Stracciatella mozzarella, candied walnut, and herb vinaigrette and Southwest Salad: Little gem lettuce, avocado, black beans, charred corn, heirloom tomato, cheddar and Jack cheeses, and cilantro dressing

Salads:

• Heirloom Beet Salad: Roasted and marinated beets, baby kale, Persian cucumber, whipped Stracciatella mozzarella, candied walnut, and herb vinaigrette
  • Southwest Salad: Little gem lettuce, avocado, black beans, charred corn, heirloom tomato, cheddar and Jack cheeses, and cilantro dressing (Also available with grilled chicken breast, salmon filet, or grilled prime flat iron steak)
Sandwiches at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, Palm Breeze Bar - Jumbo Lump Crab Roll: Tarragon and lemon aïoli and fresh dill on a brioche bun served with potato chips, Palm Breeze Burger: Sun-dried tomato and basil pesto, burrata, and arugula served with French fries, and Spicy Crisp Chicken Sandwich: Zesty slaw, spicy aïoli, and bread and butter pickles served with french fries

Sandwiches:

• Jumbo Lump Crab Roll: Tarragon and lemon aïoli and fresh dill on a brioche bun served with potato chips
  • Palm Breeze Burger: Sun-dried tomato and basil pesto, burrata, and arugula served with french fries
  • Spicy Crisp Chicken Sandwich: Zesty slaw, spicy aïoli, and bread and butter pickles served with french fries
Palm Breeze Bar Foodie Guide menu at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel Charcuterie Pizza, four cheese California pizza, garden pizza, beignets, and chocolate chip cookie sandwhich in the shape of mickey mouse

Artisan Personal Pizzas:

• Charcuterie Pizza: Artisan-cured prosciutto, pepperoni, sausage, and sun-dried tomato
  • Four Cheese California Pizza: Mozzarella, cheddar, and Jack cheeses with chevre, marinated tomato, and fresh basil
  • Garden Pizza: Plant-based cheese, Romesco sauce, soy chorizo, cilantro-mint chimichurri, shaved asparagus, crimini mushroom, and sun-dried tomato (Plant-based)
Kid’s Menu:

• Power Pack: Yogurt smoothie, mandarin orange, and whole grain fish crackers
  • Cheesy Grilled Cheese: American cheese on toasted brioche and served with seasoned french fries or fresh fruit
  • Cheeseburger Sliders topped with American cheese and served with seasoned french fries or fresh fruit
  • Grilled Chicken Breast with brown rice, fruit, or seasonal vegetables
Desserts:

• Beignets filled with chocolate, passion fruit, and mixed berry
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich: Chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream
  • Molten Chocolate Cake: Hot fudge, whipped cream, and slivered almonds
Non-alcoholic Beverages:

Indulge in one of the new Curiously Delightful Mocktails.

• Pineapple Cooler: Pineapple shrub, orange juice, and grenadine (Non-alcoholic beverage)
  • Citrus Ginger Ale: Orange juice, lemon juice, grenadine, and ginger beer (Non-alcoholic beverage)
  • Non-alcoholic Fifty-Five-Fifty: Frozen coconut purée, peach juice, and mint (Non-alcoholic beverage)
  • Non-alcoholic Chilly Mango: Frozen mango purée, mint, chamoy, and chile lime seasoning (Non-alcoholic beverage)
Beverages at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, Palm Breeze Bar drink menu

Alcoholic Beverages:

Enjoy one of the new beverages coming to Palm Breeze Bar with Grove Grown Inspirations, Stirred and Strong, and Chilled Delights!

• Signature Breezy Marg: Código Reposado Tequila, charred Meyer lemon juice, Cointreau, and agave nectar garnished with charred Meyer lemon wheel
  • Tropical Shandy: Flor De Caña Rum, pineapple shrub, lime juice, and Smog City Mango Pango Ale
  • Seasonal G & T: Sipsmith Gin, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, black pepper, rosemary syrup, charred Meyer lemon juice, and elderflower tonic water
  • Basil Grapefruit Sour: Del Maguey Mezcal, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, grapefruit syrup, egg white, and Thai basil with a Thai basil garnish (Egg white substitute available upon request)
  • Strawberry Thyme Fizz: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Cynar, strawberry-thyme syrup, lemon juice, and prosecco
  • Blue Bee’s Knees: The Botanist Islay Dry Gin, lemon juice, organic honey, and blueberry wine
  • Oaxacan Old Fashioned: Ilegal Mezcal, agave nectar, and grapefruit bitters
  • Nouveau Negroni: Sipsmith Gin, Gran Classico, Montenegro Amaro, Cocchi Storico, orange bitters, and garnished with an orange twist
  • Orange Bourbon Punch: Angel’s Envy Bourbon, lemon, simple syrup, and strong brew orange tea
  • Marcie ’55: Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Malahat Cabernet Rested Rum, Averna Amaro, Fernet Branca, plum and burlesque bitters, and lemon essence
  • Chilly Mango: Don Julio Blanco Tequila, frozen mango purée, chamoy, and chile-lime seasoning
  • Fifty-Five-Fifty: Selva Coconut Rum, frozen coconut purée, peach juice, and mint
  • An assortment of wines and beers
What a tasty menu on the way! Head on over to Palm Breeze Bar beginning Nov. 2 to try all these items yourself.

The first hurdle is buying park tickets on their site. It is well known for denying non Japanese cards. I used a Citi Mastercard that worked on their site but apparently I was a rarity.

The first hurdle is buying park tickets on their site. It is well known for denying non Japanese cards. I used a Citi Mastercard that worked on their site but apparently I was a rarity.
I think that part is working better on the app now. I know they are trying to improve the English app. Also, Klook sells Japan stuff using a US CC. I think you can get them guaranteed from the front desk if you are staying at a TDR hotel. I might try for a package; haven't decided yet though. I still have until February to figure that out.

Yeah not sure why they put that in there. I remember her being present during the Princess Gathering on the Wish.
She is also in wish’s sail away & in seas the adventure
Looks like the Pixar strategy is now have a single annual release in June. Inside Out 2 hasn’t been moved (yet)
It probably will be…I have a strong feeling that things won’t be resolved until at least January Re: SAG meaning everything will be pushed back a year and cable/streaming theaters will have raised prices another 20-50% in the meantime

NEW: Pixar's 'Elio' is being pushed from March 1, 2024 to June 13, 2025.

View attachment 805523

Scott Gustin
I'm quite surprised its getting pushed back so much given that we've already had a trailer for Elio. I know that there's probably more work to be done on this film but 15 months push back means there will be quite a lot of work left to do, right? Would've thought that Inside Out 2 would've been pushed back instead

NEW: Disney's Snow White has been pushed from March 22, 2024 to March 21, 2025. Disney also shared a first look at Snow White (Rachel Zegler) and (alphabetically) Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy.

View attachment 805521

Scott Gustin
Hmm, those certainly don't look like "magical creatures". They look a lot like poor cgi versions of the 7 Dwarfs. Hey, I'll take these Shrek 2 looking abominations over the random band of extras that were photographed before. I still feel like this movie is going to be DOA.

NEW: Pixar's 'Elio' is being pushed from March 1, 2024 to June 13, 2025.

View attachment 805523

Scott Gustin

Why does every animated character, Disney or otherwise, have to look like a Steven Universe character now? Turning Red did this, Strange World did this, now this thing. I really don't like this art style and it makes me automatically think negative of the film without knowing anything else about it. This is definitely a personal gripe, I get that.

Magic Kingdom Continues to Add Midnight Closures in Latest Park Hours Update

Magic Kingdom Park Hours Changes

• November 12: Park hours extended 9am to 12am (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • November 13-14, 16-17: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm (previously 9am to 6pm)
  • November 15, 18: Park hours extended 8am to 11pm (previously 9am to 9pm)

Animal Kingdom Park Hours Changes

• November 12: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • November 13, 16-18: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

Between the writers strike and the still on going actors strike.... Studios are looking a shifting around already completed projects.
I'm quite surprised its getting pushed back so much given that we've already had a trailer for Elio. I know that there's probably more work to be done on this film but 15 months push back means there will be quite a lot of work left to do, right? Would've thought that Inside Out 2 would've been pushed back instead
Or they are just trying to space out things more to account for the lack of future inventory due to the writer strike (over) and actor strike (ongoing). Lot of Disney films that are complete other than post production.... that could be released in 2024 and have been moved to 2025, just so they have something.

But too I think the know their is more pressures on them having more sucess at the box office.... Inside Out 2 carriers less risk than an unknown Sci-Fi story.

In case of Snow White, it might be more in hopes some of the "dissatisfaction" with the actor and other film choices dies down...

Seriously contemplating Treasure for our first Disney Cruise. It sounds amazing!

We’ll be in DL when bookings open on Nov 2. Not sure whether to do Eastern or Western Caribbean.
View attachment 805240
Totally personal choice but for our first Disney Cruise we chose Eastern Caribbean as I wanted more time on the ship than at the ports. The extra sea day the Eastern offers was exactly what we were looking for.

We've now done Eastern x 2 and Western x 1 and for our family we'd choose Eastern over Western as for us it's all about the actual ship and cruising more than about ports.

Totally personal choice but for our first Disney Cruise we chose Eastern Caribbean as I wanted more time on the ship than at the ports. The extra sea day the Eastern offers was exactly what we were looking for.

We've now done Eastern x 2 and Western x 1 and for our family we'd choose Eastern over Western as for us it's all about the actual ship and cruising more than about ports.
Thank you. That’s a great point. I like the idea of more time immersed in Disney out in the middle of the ocean!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter