Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

NEW: Disney's Snow White has been pushed from March 22, 2024 to March 21, 2025. Disney also shared a first look at Snow White (Rachel Zegler) and (alphabetically) Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy.

View attachment 805521

Scott Gustin
I wish DIsney would stop making everything in CGI. I think one of the reasons that the Barbie movie was so successful is because they had real sets. This picture looks completely fake.

Why does every animated character, Disney or otherwise, have to look like a Steven Universe character now? Turning Red did this, Strange World did this, now this thing. I really don't like this art style and it makes me automatically think negative of the film without knowing anything else about it. This is definitely a personal gripe, I get that.

I feel the same way.

I think that part is working better on the app now. I know they are trying to improve the English app. Also, Klook sells Japan stuff using a US CC. I think you can get them guaranteed from the front desk if you are staying at a TDR hotel. I might try for a package; haven't decided yet though. I still have until February to figure that out.
This is what we've done the times we've been - just bought on arrival - though my last trip was in '19. You can still buy tickets through the "official" hotels like the Sheraton and Hilton as well, but you have to do it in advance. No more buying on arrival like you can with the Disney hotels. It was a really nice perk knowing I could wait and see how I felt and what seasonal offerings there would be before I committed to a number of days. Oh well...! We thought we might be back in Feb but I decided I wanted to see a winter festival that time of year on the way up to Hokkaido instead since I'm not sure we'll do a winter trip again. At this point I think my next "Japan" trip is in reality going to be a "Japanese Theme Park" trip as I want to see the new offerings at Tokyo Disneyland of course but also Universal Osaka and Ghibli Park as well, once the entire thing is open!

I wish DIsney would stop making everything in CGI. I think one of the reasons that the Barbie movie was so successful is because they had real sets. This picture looks completely fake.
I agree but I also think it's because that movie did something different and unique with the premise rather than playing it safe. With the remakes, they play it too safe and the stuff they do add is bloated, unnecessary filler.

Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT on November 1 & 4, 2023

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area this week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested overnight at EPCOT on Wednesday, November 1 and Saturday, November 4, beginning at 10:30 p.m. and ending approximately at 1 a.m. These tests are not expected to include audio testing or performances that might affect Guests.

The Expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

While not confirmed by the Walt Disney World Resort, it is very likely that these tests are related to the park's new fireworks show (Luminous: The Symphony of Us) that's scheduled to debut on December 5, 2023.

Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT on November 1 & 4, 2023

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area this week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested overnight at EPCOT on Wednesday, November 1 and Saturday, November 4, beginning at 10:30 p.m. and ending approximately at 1 a.m. These tests are not expected to include audio testing or performances that might affect Guests.

The Expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

While not confirmed by the Walt Disney World Resort, it is very likely that these tests are related to the park's new fireworks show (Luminous: The Symphony of Us) that's scheduled to debut on December 5, 2023.
I feel bad for the half marathon runners trying to get some sleep in before hitting the busses Saturday night

Now I’m worried Disney and Bob Iger will refuse to move Elio back to its original release date after the actors strike ends (which is looking to be very soon, thanks to progress in the negotiations with studios), because they don’t care and don’t give a darn. They’d rather tick us off.

Now I’m worried Disney and Bob Iger will refuse to move Elio back to its original release date after the actors strike ends (which is looking to be very soon, thanks to progress in the negotiations with studios), because they don’t care and don’t give a darn. They’d rather tick us off.
I wouldn't expect the production schedule to change if the strike is resolved. Too much inertia would need to be over come and there are lots of moving parts to coordinate.

I also don't think they made this decision to tick us off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter