Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Sorry to rehash this - I was laughing tonight telling someone that the Disney Parks Blog post describing the new Tiana ride seemed like it was written by an AI bot.

So I asked ChatGPT to write a description (in the style of Disney Parks Blog) of a new ride called “Tiana’s Bayou Adventure” about her quest to find a missing ingredient.

This is what it came up with. I would be 1484626x more interested in riding this ride than the version Disney described. 😂

Attention all Disney Parks fans! Get ready to embark on a thrilling adventure through the bayous of New Orleans with Tiana from "The Princess and the Frog." Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a brand-new ride experience opening soon at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Join Tiana on her quest to find the missing ingredient for her famous gumbo recipe, and experience the magic of the Louisiana bayou like never before.

As you journey through the swamp, you'll encounter the colorful and lively characters of Tiana's world, including Louis the Alligator, Dr. Facilier, and more. With cutting-edge technology and stunning visuals, this ride will transport you to the heart of Tiana's world, immersing you in the sights, sounds, and flavors of New Orleans. And, of course, you'll get to enjoy a little bit of gumbo along the way.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is the perfect ride for families and fans of all ages, offering a fun and exciting experience that combines classic Disney storytelling with cutting-edge technology. So come on down to Disney's Magic Kingdom and join Tiana on her quest through the bayou! With music, magic, and gumbo, Tiana's Bayou Adventure is an experience you won't want to miss.

That IS more interesting sounding already.

I have randomly run into unusual characters in that area between England and France before, I think they take trainees there.
They do. My next door neighbor was a character wrangler (the CM's that accompany the characters) and yes, this is one of the spots they give them their first exposures to the public.

Sorry to rehash this - I was laughing tonight telling someone that the Disney Parks Blog post describing the new Tiana ride seemed like it was written by an AI bot.

So I asked ChatGPT to write a description (in the style of Disney Parks Blog) of a new ride called “Tiana’s Bayou Adventure” about her quest to find a missing ingredient.

This is what it came up with. I would be 1484626x more interested in riding this ride than the version Disney described. 😂

Attention all Disney Parks fans! Get ready to embark on a thrilling adventure through the bayous of New Orleans with Tiana from "The Princess and the Frog." Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a brand-new ride experience opening soon at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Join Tiana on her quest to find the missing ingredient for her famous gumbo recipe, and experience the magic of the Louisiana bayou like never before.

As you journey through the swamp, you'll encounter the colorful and lively characters of Tiana's world, including Louis the Alligator, Dr. Facilier, and more. With cutting-edge technology and stunning visuals, this ride will transport you to the heart of Tiana's world, immersing you in the sights, sounds, and flavors of New Orleans. And, of course, you'll get to enjoy a little bit of gumbo along the way.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure is the perfect ride for families and fans of all ages, offering a fun and exciting experience that combines classic Disney storytelling with cutting-edge technology. So come on down to Disney's Magic Kingdom and join Tiana on her quest through the bayou! With music, magic, and gumbo, Tiana's Bayou Adventure is an experience you won't want to miss.

This is hilarious! From what I’ve seen, I think ChatGPT is more style than substance—but I do like how it emphasizes that we will get gumbo on this ride. I hope we can finish eating it before the drop.

I've heard that the Nintendo rides are not very innovative, though well themed. We'll see...

My favorite ride at UO is Hagrid's but only if riding on the motorcycle seat. Otherwise, E.T. (not kidding, lol)
ET is my 15 year old son's favorite ride at UO lol

I don't mind the name. Sure they can add any kind of attraction in the universe but I would bet they would still make any new attraction fit into the land it's going in. It's no different then how Islands of Adventure is setup. I would bet once Epic Universe is done they will work on changing the Studios park and updating it.

100% agree and also have no problem with the names allowing anything they want in their parks-as long a it matches the Land its in at least somewhat. Especially if good quality.

I'm simply saying the US Park names may as well be Miscellaneous Park 1, Miscellaneous Park 2 and Miscellaneous Park 3. You even admit IOA will be "no different" than EU.

But when it comes to WDW, they can't even put a Land in Animal Kingdom that is from a movie about Only Animals without flack.

Two standards, US can put anything in a parks "Land", but WDW can't even put "Lands" where they want-even when they are very close to the entire parks theme.

100% agree and also have no problem with the names allowing anything they want in their parks-as long a it matches the Land its in at least somewhat. Especially if good quality.

I'm simply saying the US Park names may as well be Miscellaneous Park 1, Miscellaneous Park 2 and Miscellaneous Park 3. You even admit IOA will be "no different" than EU.

But when it comes to WDW, they can't even put a Land in Animal Kingdom that is from a movie about Only Animals without flack.

Two standards, US can put anything in a parks "Land", but WDW can't even put "Lands" where they want-even when they are very close to the entire parks theme.

Joe Rohde on why Zootopia is a bad fit for Animal Kingdom:

“If you think that ‘Zootopia’ belongs in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, then you either don’t understand what Animal Kingdom is, or you don’t understand what ‘Zootopia’ is,” he told Orlando Rising. “’Zootopia’ is a movie about people that just happen to be
anthropomorphic. This has no place in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which is a park about man’s relationship with nature — a relationship where, at the end of the day, nature always triumphs.”

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I was there shortly after opening week, and I fell in love even though so much of the park was unfinished. Back then, it truly WAS a half-day park.

I agree with Joe on this one.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stomp through life ranting or refusing to go to AK. I will go. I will most likely enjoy whatever they do. But that doesn't stop it from being a bad fit, just like Tron and Guardians should have been switched around.

Dinoland (Dinosaur is an IP) fits even though it is so hated. And hated means fewer visitors and less money, so of course, Disney is going to do what they need to do to bring in visitors and revenue. Non-IP is too risky, so what choices do they have? Yes, they could go Encanto/South America, but that has the same issue as Joe mentioned for Zootopia in that the movie has nothing to do with animal conservation/animals/conservation.

At least Zootopia had animals.

HS has lost its way. And it did so a LONG time ago when they added Rock N Roller Coaster, IMO. Now, it is a mishmash of IPs, but I still love the park.

It's nice to see Epcot trying to do something cohesive and in line with its original plan.

The MK is fine as is.

dinosaurs.

I can't imagine a theme park all about animals without including the biggest, baddest, most incredible, most imagination-defying animals that ever walked the earth. If the Imagineers can't find a way to reinvigorate the area using giant freaking dinosaurs, they need to hang up their hats. I mean, come on. di-no-saurs.

honestly, they really could get by with just building a new cheesy roller coaster. I really liked the old one. :( maybe take over a bit of the games' area and make it bigger.

dinosaurs.

I can't imagine a theme park all about animals without including the biggest, baddest, most incredible, most imagination-defying animals that ever walked the earth. If the Imagineers can't find a way to reinvigorate the area using giant freaking dinosaurs, they need to hang up their hats. I mean, come on. di-no-saurs.

honestly, they really could get by with just building a new cheesy roller coaster. I really liked the old one. :( maybe take over a bit of the games' area and make it bigger.
Like The Excavator, the roller coaster originally planned for the area before they ran out of money??

I would LOVE to see AK get a crush coaster ride like the one at DL-Paris.

That fits is nicely with the recently revamped Nemo show and retheme the Dinosaur ride to another Nemo level ride - me thinking the whole hank/dory driving truck scene would be a really nice play using that existing track.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I was there shortly after opening week, and I fell in love even though so much of the park was unfinished. Back then, it truly WAS a half-day park.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stomp through life ranting or refusing to go to AK. I will go. I will most likely enjoy whatever they do. But that doesn't stop it from being a bad fit, just like Tron and Guardians should have been switched around.

Dinoland (Dinosaur is an IP) fits even though it is so hated. And hated means fewer visitors and less money, so of course, Disney is going to do what they need to do to bring in visitors and revenue. Non-IP is too risky, so what choices do they have? Yes, they could go Encanto/South America, but that has the same issue as Joe mentioned for Zootopia in that the movie has nothing to do with animal conservation/animals/conservation.

HS has lost its way. And it did so a LONG time ago when they added Rock N Roller Coaster, IMO. Now, it is a mishmash of IPs, but I still love the park.

It's nice to see Epcot trying to do something cohesive and in line with its original plan.

The MK is fine as is.
This is a level of Disney picky purity that I cannot understand... it is like the folks arguing about if the dirt in Splash should be the same color as the dirt in the new Tiana, I am one of those happy and oblivious fans, half the stuff folks argue about I would not notice.
I would be so excited to see Zootopia in Animal Kingdom.... or something completely different and not even on Earth like Fantastic and Mythical Beasts... just put something there in the wasteland of Dinoland and lets all go have fun.
Why can't have anthropomorphic animals that are really humans. I know we like to pretend we are different, special... above all of nature... but humans are animals... a movie about animals belongs in Animal Kingdom. Humans need clean water, access to food.... not areas filled with toxic wastes..... conserving nature and being good stewards of the planet benefits all organisms on earth.... including all humans. LOL should there be no plants in Animal Kingdom? I mean if it is only things that belong in the Animal Kingdom?
And just to poke the tiger.... for the record... I love Frozen in Norway :duck:

Last edited:
Disney World Adds Extra ‘Fantasmic!’ Showtimes Through April 1, 2023

After completing a few weeks of “slow season” operation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic is back to multiple showings per night, and Disney World has even added additional showtimes starting later this month. In a recent update, Disney World added a second showing of Fantasmic starting February 26th and running through early April. Here are the changes:

• February 28 – March 11: Showtimes 8pm and 9:30pm (previously just 8pm)
  • March 12 – April 1: Showtimes 8:30pm and 10pm (previously just 8:30pm)

This is a level of Disney picky purity that I cannot understand... it is like the folks arguing about if the dirt in Splash should be the same color as the dirt in the new Tiana, I am one of those happy and oblivious fans, half the stuff folks argue about I would not notice.
I would be so excited to see Zootopia in Animal Kingdom.... or something completely different and not even on Earth like Fantastic and Mythical Beasts... just put something there in the wasteland of Dinoland and lets all go have fun.
Why can't have anthropomorphic animals that are really humans. I know we like to pretend we are different, special... above all of nature... but humans are animals... a movie about animals belongs in Animal Kingdom. Humans need clean water, access to food.... not areas filled with toxic wastes..... conserving nature and being good stewards of the planet benefits all organisms on earth.... including all humans. LOL should there be no plants in Animal Kingdom? I mean if it is only things that belong in the Animal Kingdom?
And just to poke the tiger.... for the record... I love Frozen in Norway :duck:

If you can't understand, then you can't understand. It's all good. :::shrugs:::

And BTW, there was supposed to be a mythical land in AK...Pandora sits there now.

ETA: I couldn't care less about Frozen in Norway. Not sure whose tiger you're aiming to poke with that one.

If you can't understand, then you can't understand. It's all good. :::shrugs:::

And BTW, there was supposed to be a mythical land in AK...Pandora sits there now.

ETA: I couldn't care less about Frozen in Norway. Not sure whose tiger you're aiming to poke with that one.
please dont take this as a 'poke' specially at you... I suck with the multiquotes etc. so yours had a lot to jump off of and is reflective of what I have seen others talking about. Just noticed with Splash chatter and now the AK chatter that this kind of thorough attention to small details process means A LOT to people. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for a over zealous attention to detail the theming would not be as amazing as it can be, so I appreciate the final results even if it is often lost on me. Just find it interesting what can matter to some people and not to others, same things with movies.... all is good, I appreciate your insight. I threw in the Frozen comment because that was the last time it seemed that folks were really upset about what goes where and why.
Yes I remember about the Fantastic beasts, isn't there or wasn't there a dragon in the original logo?

Disney World Theme Park Hours Extended Through Early April
As Disney World continues to adjust operations, park hours have been extended at three of the four theme parks through early April. Here are the recent changes:

Magic Kingdom​

• February 26, 28 – March 1, 3-5, 7-12, 15, 17-19, 21-26, 28-31; April 1:Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • February 27; March 2, 6, 13, 16, 20, 27: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • March 14: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)

Disney’s Hollywood Studios​

February 26 – April 1: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom​

• February 26, March 2 – April 1: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • February 27 – March 1: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

The MK is fine as is.

Yes thank you.

This is exactly the point I was getting at when comparing US Park names and WDW Park names.

WDW Parks are held/argued to a way higher "Theme" standard than US with their "Miscellaneous" Park names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter