Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Not sure how well this series will be received, but I'm happy to get more D'Onofrio Kingpin with a TV-MA
It's very interesting not only because it's the first TV-MA Marvel show but it's also following the Netflix model of all the episodes being available on launch day. The cynic in me thinks they maybe know the audience will be very limited for this so they need to get them all out at once so people will binge. This one might stall out if it was a weekly release. It looks very dark and I'm all for that.

Why does no one ever mention 1900 Park Fare? I miss both the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and the Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner, but I'm losing hope they will ever come back.

The Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast I kept delaying & never got to try - it seems I read that characters might never be coming back for that one as a rumor, but not confirmed.

What else is still missing? Do you think these will ever re-appear?

These 2 were my families favorites and must do. I am always checking to see if there is any news. Like you I am losing hope.
I am usually a pessimist vs an optimist with Disney closures, but I truly think this dining experience may be waiting for GF's lobby refurbishment to be completed. I'm guessing GF Cafe and 1900 Park Fare will get some love when the first floor is renovated along with the Tea Room. No way will the flagship be the only MK resort without a character meal.

If the blue flag route came back to CR/WL/FW I think anything is on the table!

if anyone was wondering, yes the kids had a blast. 8-) 1st plane ride, 1st disney experience, 1st roller coaster, 1st 2nd and 3rd time riding Pirates, 1st time seeing an audio-animatronic and wondering if it can see us... lots and lots of firsts happened in that 24hrs. plus possibly may have set a record for the shortest dedicated Disney World family vacation for an out-of-stater. lololol (meaning not including people just passing through).

next time I need more time...

a big thanks to Disney for allowing reassigning of party tix :)

View attachment 805415

View attachment 806289
Glad to see was a magical and successful trip.
Quick question about your photo, can you remind me ages of the kids ? I was contemplating taking my two kids to MK while my DH was at a conference. But I decided against it as I read they wouldn’t be able to sit together on 2 seater rides (they are 9&6). Did you have any issues with this? Did they ask age? They’ve been on roller coasters dozens of times at Disney so I don’t worry about them getting scared or not knowing how to ride properly.

Quick question about your photo, can you remind me ages of the kids ? I was contemplating taking my two kids to MK while my DH was at a conference. But I decided against it as I read they wouldn’t be able to sit together on 2 seater rides (they are 9&6). Did you have any issues with this? Did they ask age? They’ve been on roller coasters dozens of times at Disney so I don’t worry about them getting scared or not knowing how to ride properly.
7 and 10. no questions except checking height but I was behind them for every ride we did except the two of them in the speedway car. cast member asked for ages then and deemed it ok since she was tall enough to go solo and he was 7. I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule but I imagine there's a cutoff somewhere since I doubt the 10 year old could drive their 2yo brother around. but I don't know what would happen if they were in line for, say, 7 dwarfs all by themselves. pretty sure I read that Disney has a rule about kids needing to be 14 to be leading around a younger sibling alone. but if you walked with them all through the line things are probably cool if you didn't want to ride.

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9077.JPG

7 and 10. no questions except checking height but I was behind them for every ride we did except the two of them in the speedway car. cast member asked for ages then and deemed it ok since she was tall enough to go solo and he was 7. I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule but I imagine there's a cutoff somewhere since I doubt the 10 year old could drive their 2yo brother around. but I don't know what would happen if they were in line for, say, 7 dwarfs all by themselves. pretty sure I read that Disney has a rule about kids needing to be 14 to be leading around a younger sibling alone. but if you walked with them all through the line things are probably cool if you didn't want to ride.

View attachment 807794

View attachment 807796
Great! Thank you for clarifying. I would be riding behind them as you did! So this should work out. Puts the option back on the table!

I believe 7 is old enough to ride alone if they meet the height requirement. Under 7 must be accompanied by someone 14 or older. Since your kids are both over 7, they were fine for every situation. You do have to be 14 to enter the park unaccompanied.

There is a cutoff, and it is under seven:
To board an attraction, children under age 7 must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.

From Disney's property rules page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

But you should be fine b/c the nine year old can ride alone. And in most cases, you probably won't need to sit immediately next to them as long as you are "boarding the attraction" together. That might not work on Speedway, but it probably would be fine on many others.

Great! Thank you for clarifying. I would be riding behind them as you did! So this should work out. Puts the option back on the table!

any opportunity is a great opportunity to be at MK with kids. there's more to do than you can do in a day so even if a ride or 2 can't happen, you just change gears and do another. 8-)

The official rule is that they have to be 7 to ride alone and 14 to ride with someone under 7. I traveled recently with my 4 year old, 7 year old and 14 year old nephew. When riding with the 7 year old, my nephew was never asked his age but when riding with the 4 year old, he was always asked. The 7 year old rode a few things on her own and was asked her age each time (she is tall and definitely looks over 7). They sometimes ask ages after you are sitting so just be prepared that you may have to swap if asked. I was always with them as well, so I don’t think it matters is there is an adult. The exceptions were things like magic carpets where they allowed the kids 4 and 7 year old to sit together in front of us as long as the 7 year old was on the outside. Hope this helps!

The official rule is that they have to be 7 to ride alone and 14 to ride with someone under 7. I traveled recently with my 4 year old, 7 year old and 14 year old nephew. When riding with the 7 year old, my nephew was never asked his age but when riding with the 4 year old, he was always asked. The 7 year old rode a few things on her own and was asked her age each time (she is tall and definitely looks over 7). They sometimes ask ages after you are sitting so just be prepared that you may have to swap if asked. I was always with them as well, so I don’t think it matters is there is an adult. The exceptions were things like magic carpets where they allowed the kids 4 and 7 year old to sit together in front of us as long as the 7 year old was on the outside. Hope this helps!

Everest, slinky, mine train, anything where there is a separate harness for both riders an under 7 can be directly in front of the adult. Rides like barnstormer, big thunder they can't because there is only one lap bar for whole ride.

I am usually a pessimist vs an optimist with Disney closures, but I truly think this dining experience may be waiting for GF's lobby refurbishment to be completed. I'm guessing GF Cafe and 1900 Park Fare will get some love when the first floor is renovated along with the Tea Room. No way will the flagship be the only MK resort without a character meal.

If the blue flag route came back to CR/WL/FW I think anything is on the table!

I was SO hoping the tea would be back next month, was hoping to go as part of my birthday trip, but I guess it will have to wait until 2024.

6 years old doesn’t meet the Disney requirement of 7 years old unless accompanied by a 14 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter