At last we found happiness
We bought a new home in the city
And we won't give him our address

So, Mama don't whoop little Buford
Mama, don't knock out his breath
Just teach him to be a folk singer
Then Buford will soon starve to death

IMG_0650.jpeg
I always thought the young looking bear was Buford. Turns out he is Oscar? Most of his set he has a glazed over expression.

The full song:

Mama, don't whoop little Buford
Mama, don't pound on his head
Mama, Don't whoop little Buford
I think you should shoot him instead

Buford brought home his report card
Buford was proud as could be
At last he had passed through the 3rd grade
And Buford is just 23

Mama, you'll just be a wreck
For Buford is studying Judo
And he'll break your scrawny ole' neck

When Buford was five, he was smokin'
And drinking hard liquor at six
At seven, he learned about women
At eight, Buford got his first fix

You'll never know how Buford feels
Buford is good to you, mama
He brings you whatever he steals

Now Buford is gone, what a pity
At last we found happiness
We bought a new home in the city
And we won't give him our address

So, Mama don't whoop little Buford
Mama, don't knock out his breath
Just teach him to be a folk singer
Then Buford will soon starve to death

View attachment 828897
I always thought the young looking bear was Buford. Turns out he is Oscar? Most of his set he has a glazed over expression.

Interesting. I guess because they don't sing the whole song in the show I never realized. It's just the story of the family black sheep, eh?

They arent closing it though, just changing the songs. You can want to see it one last time ans still have gone every trip. Lots of people just never do it, same probably won't do the new version.

Much as I love the CB, we can all agree some of the songs are problematic and probably should have been changed long ago.
Nope - not all agree.

Some of the songs are a little out of place in the current zeitgeist. But, that's not why it's being re-Imagineered. It's being re-Imagineered because it never draws a wait and the theater is rarely more than half full, no matter how busy the park is.

It wasn't pulling its weight, full stop. That's it. That's the reason.

Now, this doesn't always work (See: Under New Management). But it's worth a try.

Lord help us when someone points the "pulling its weight" spectacles at Carousel of Progress.

You know, as much as I love the COP, I wouldn't necessarily mind if it got a re-do, especially that final scene. I'd still like it to be the Carousel of Progress and all, but maybe with some longer time jumps and an actual modern or even futuristic finale.

You know, as much as I love the COP, I wouldn't necessarily mind if it got a re-do, especially that final scene. I'd still like it to be the Carousel of Progress and all, but maybe with some longer time jumps and an actual modern or even futuristic finale.
the problem with 'futuristic' finales is that they quickly become obsolete or old tech.

I took my niece and nephews to MK last week and they had their very first trip around COP. when it was over we were all singing the song as we left. that night I sang it to the 2year old (slowed waaay down of course) and could hear the 10 year old singing along softly from her bed. 'tis a great earworm :teeth:

Hmm, so maybe the takeaway is that we should all collectively stop riding Journey Into Imagination with Figment in hopes that Disney will FINALLY give the ride the refurb it deserves. I mean, the interactive section looks exactly the same as it did when I first visited WDW back in the early 2000s.

Hmm, so maybe the takeaway is that we should all collectively stop riding Journey Into Imagination with Figment in hopes that Disney will FINALLY give the ride the refurb it deserves. I mean, the interactive section looks exactly the same as it did when I first visited WDW back in the early 2000s.

Well, I mean, hardly anybody rides it NOW, right? 🤣 It's not working so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter