Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool that the thrid Narnia movie that was done by Fox after the first two were at Disney is now included. Also, it's too bad they never finished the series as they were very well done.

Wandavision is basically a prequel series to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Falcon and the Winter Soldier is clearly attached to Black Widow and needs to come out after the movie has dropped (probably 1-2 months after).

Wandavision is basically a prequel series to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Falcon and the Winter Soldier is clearly attached to Black Widow and needs to come out after the movie has dropped (probably 1-2 months after).

I'm not sure how it would be attached. Unless it's like the last 10 minutes of movie or post credit scene

I'm not sure how it would be attached. Unless it's like the last 10 minutes of movie or post credit scene

There are rumors of connections between events in BW and F&WS. One of the major characters in BW is supposed to have some role in F&WS and without giving spoilers yes one of the post credit sequences is supposed to be a twist that sets up some characters to be recurring in the MCU and evidently that will factor into F&WS.

There is a new group that will almost assuredly be introduced using a character from BW and a character from F&tWS.

‘Black Widow wasnt made to be a filler movie, there are implications moving forward that will occur in BW. Its not just a respectful goodbye to ScarJo

yeah but even in places with theaters open many people clearly are not ready to go back to the theater and I'm in the category and I used to go multiple times a week with A-list. Sitting in a closed indoor areas with people who we know are going to take their masks off for 2-3 hours I know I'm not ready for yet and it seems many people are the same.

Tenet was a test to see how ready the public was to go back to the theater. the answer was - not really. The per-theater numbers were simply not good.

Than you have the people that are ready to come back but don’t want to wear a mask during their time at the movies so they don’t go. I’m ready to come back and wear a mask but only for a good movie. May go see unhinged.

Maybe I was wrong all along. If it did well, it’ll be the first thing talked about in the Q4 call. It’s bittersweet. I want it to do well because I truly did enjoy the movie. But if it does well, we’ll definitely see more premier access releases over theatrical, and I’m definitely not a fan of that possibility. Mulan is one thing. Soul, that would be teetering on the edge. Black Widow? Full blown furious.

Maybe I was wrong all along. If it did well, it’ll be the first thing talked about in the Q4 call. It’s bittersweet. I want it to do well because I truly did enjoy the movie. But if it does well, we’ll definitely see more premier access releases over theatrical, and I’m definitely not a fan of that possibility. Mulan is one thing. Soul, that would be teetering on the edge. Black Widow? Full blown furious.

This info has already been discounted by most experts in movies...see the article I linked in the news thread (and I can add expert tweets if needed)...the 7Park Data stuff was out to lunch...

This info has already been discounted by most experts in movies...see the article I linked in the news thread (and I can add expert tweets if needed)...the 7Park Data stuff was out to lunch...
I don’t know, reading a bunch of articles about the release, all these numbers are based on pure speculation. I have no idea where that screenrant article came up with the $35M figure. Screenrant seems to go on and on about how Hamilton pulled in a larger percentage of new users, but neglects to speak to the fact that those new users for Hamilton are most likely still on the service at the time of the Mulan release and Mulan then pulled in a ton more on top of that already inflated amount. And really, they’re cutting hairs over Mulan only increasing the users 68% vs Hamilton’s 74%? 6% is worth an entire article, especially when that 68% is on top of the 74% Hamilton already brought in. Without an actual number of subscribers released from a Disney it’s all speculation anyway.

Both screenrant and the yahoo articles are definitely trying to push their agenda of how the film did, so I would believe it fell somewhere more in the middle. One says $35M the other says $200M in the first week. I’m going to guess it’s more in the $100M mark. Plus the fact that Disney gets 100% of those profits and doesn’t have to share with theater chains makes it an unmitigated success. Until we get the true numbers from Disney (and if they’re good we’ll get them in the 4th quarter earnings call) we really don’t know anything.

As for what this means going forward...this was a good movie to try it on. The reviews were mixed and it still performed well it seems. Will they do this with Marvel movies? I doubt it, but I’m also the wrong person to ask because I would be completely fine to never step foot in a theater again. I’ve always hated them and the closest one near me with leather reclining seats is almost half an hour away (or an hour if we just go to Disney or Universal). I refuse to sit in the old cloth seat with years of human seepage caked into the fabric and stuffing. If movies could all be streamed at home, my family would most likely spend more on new releases than we do now (maybe seeing a movie a year in theaters). But I completely understand others feelings on their love for theaters and the experience, so I don’t really want to see them go away. I hope a happy medium can be achieved where less popular movies go to streaming and blockbusters remain in theaters

I don’t know, reading a bunch of articles about the release, all these numbers are based on pure speculation. I have no idea where that screenrant article came up with the $35M figure. Screenrant seems to go on and on about how Hamilton pulled in a larger percentage of new users, but neglects to speak to the fact that those new users for Hamilton are most likely still on the service at the time of the Mulan release and Mulan then pulled in a ton more on top of that already inflated amount. And really, they’re cutting hairs over Mulan only increasing the users 68% vs Hamilton’s 74%? 6% is worth an entire article, especially when that 68% is on top of the 74% Hamilton already brought in. Without an actual number of subscribers released from a Disney it’s all speculation anyway.

Both screenrant and the yahoo articles are definitely trying to push their agenda of how the film did, so I would believe it fell somewhere more in the middle. One says $35M the other says $200M in the first week. I’m going to guess it’s more in the $100M mark. Plus the fact that Disney gets 100% of those profits and doesn’t have to share with theater chains makes it an unmitigated success. Until we get the true numbers from Disney (and if they’re good we’ll get them in the 4th quarter earnings call) we really don’t know anything.

As for what this means going forward...this was a good movie to try it on. The reviews were mixed and it still performed well it seems. Will they do this with Marvel movies? I doubt it, but I’m also the wrong person to ask because I would be completely fine to never step foot in a theater again. I’ve always hated them and the closest one near me with leather reclining seats is almost half an hour away (or an hour if we just go to Disney or Universal). I refuse to sit in the old cloth seat with years of human seepage caked into the fabric and stuffing. If movies could all be streamed at home, my family would most likely spend more on new releases than we do now (maybe seeing a movie a year in theaters). But I completely understand others feelings on their love for theaters and the experience, so I don’t really want to see them go away. I hope a happy medium can be achieved where less popular movies go to streaming and blockbusters remain in theaters

Screenrant more closely mimics the actual numbers thought to watch it the 1st weekend...there are tons of articles about the analytic comparison of Mulan vs Scoob vs Trolls for downloads...the reason Yahoo got published was probably to change the stock trajectory after yesterday's theme parks news and it temporarily worked...

And everyone knows, if Mulan beat Trolls and broke the OW download revenue record, everyone would know...so it's definitely under Trolls...

finance.yahoo.com
Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Rich Greenfield, LightShed
@RichLightShed

7 Park data is useless -- talk to @AntennaData -- no way 9 mm bought Mulan -- appears to have underperformed Scoob let alone Trolls cc: @rameeztase

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
@RichLightShed

Looks like Mulan's Premier Access run is just about over -- down to #20 on @disneyplus - great learning experience but very tough business model to execute 3.5 mm units appears overly generous $DIS

5FL-xqD2_normal.jpg

We suspect Mulan is headed for under 3.5 million units in the US, or sub-$100 million of revenue to Disney — likely below Trolls (despite benefiting from higher price point). $DIS @DisneysMulan https://lightshedtmt.com/2020/09/14...greater-than-disney-warner-studios-combined/…
10:13 PM · Sep 15, 2020

AKA - it was a disaster financially...at least a $100M loser vs its budget since its WW theatrical run was tragic...Tenet will be the much better release financially at the same budget...

Last edited:

I'd take premier access for Black Widow. I'd even pay more than $30 for it, I just want it NOW. Especially since it's also holding back the release of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter