Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like I really need to watch Clone Wars!
I was just thinking the same thing :)

Yes, you do! :p I didn’t watch it til the first five seasons were out already....now I really wish I’d watched it sooner as Star Wars Weekends would’ve been a lot more fun! I mean, they were already amazing but still.

If you’ve been hesistant to watch because you think it’s a kids show, it’s really not. In fact, I don’t think it’s even appropriate for young kids. Also, you should know that the in-universe timeline of events does not match the episode order until sometime in season 4. There’s lists out there with the sequential viewing order. Lucas couldn’t resist going back to show how things started...sound familiar? It gets better as it goes on. Season 6 has a lot of plot to it that leads up to Ep. III.

Yes, you do! :p I didn’t watch it til the first five seasons were out already....now I really wish I’d watched it sooner as Star Wars Weekends would’ve been a lot more fun! I mean, they were already amazing but still.

If you’ve been hesistant to watch because you think it’s a kids show, it’s really not. In fact, I don’t think it’s even appropriate for young kids. Also, you should know that the in-universe timeline of events does not match the episode order until sometime in season 4. There’s lists out there with the sequential viewing order. Lucas couldn’t resist going back to show how things started...sound familiar? It gets better as it goes on. Season 6 has a lot of plot to it that leads up to Ep. III.

Star wars weekends.... Miss them so much.

Probably the best day I ever had at Disney was during Star wars weekends. Didn't go on one ride the entire day.

These last 2 episodes were some of the best Star Wars I've seen in awhile. I can't wait for the final 2. If you've not watched this series, YES, go back and get started. since finishing the Mandalorian, we went back and re-watched a lot of the Clone wars arcs that deal with Mandalore. (and Rebels,)
Sure had forgotten a lot. re-watched some more yesterday from season 2. Some episodes are certainly better than the others, so if you hit upon a few you don't like, just keep going. Some are INCREDIBLE!

Just an FYI as it does take a long time to get through the entire season, if you are just wanting to watch some to prop for this new season, Disney had out out their list of "20 essential episodes to watch":

• 1×01: Ambush
  • 1×05: Rookies
  • 2×05: Landing at Point Rain
  • 2×06: Weapons Factory
  • 2×07: Legacy of Terror
  • 2×08: Brain Invaders
  • 2×12: The Mandalore Plot
  • 2×13: Voyage of Temptation
  • 3×02: Arc Troopers
  • 4×21: Brothers
  • 4×22: Revenge
  • 5×06: The Gathering
  • 5×01: Revival
  • 5×14: Eminence
  • 5×15: Shades of Reason
  • 5×16: The Lawless
  • 5×17: Sabotage
  • 5×18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
  • 5×19: To Catch a Jedi
  • 5×20: The Wrong Jedi

This is awesome, thanks! Maybe we'll hit these and then go back as time permits

I'm very intrigued now, thanks! DH and I have been talking about sitting down and watching it at some point. Maybe this will be our next binge watch

Once the finale is out, or the weekend leading up to that Monday's finale, I'm thinking about rewatching all hte primary arc episodes that revolve around Mandalore/Death Watch/Dathomir/Maul. It covers a lot fo episodes but cuts out a lot of "filler" and makes a great story and would be a fun leadup to the finale

Is the Disney Family Singalong on Disney+ the same one that aired tonight on ABC? It hit me right in the feels. I started crying at Donny Osmond and had trouble keeping it together for the rest of the show. It was great though. Thanks to Disney and all of the musicians and performers for getting that together.

Is the Disney Family Singalong on Disney+ the same one that aired tonight on ABC? It hit me right in the feels. I started crying at Donny Osmond and had trouble keeping it together for the rest of the show. It was great though. Thanks to Disney and all of the musicians and performers for getting that together.

It is (not sure if edited at all or if exact same) - definitely was enjoyable and good content

Watched Wrinkle in Time over the weekend. It was not bad, but I can see why did not do well at the box office. Cannot put my finger on why, but something was missing - I thought there was some good performances, especially the young girl. My biggest question about Disney + is why there are so few 20th Century Fox movies, I tried looking on the internet and could not find any answers. Does anyone on this thread know why? I counted over 175 movie titles when Disney first bought Fox, yet there are barely a handful currently on Disney +.

Watched Wrinkle in Time over the weekend. It was not bad, but I can see why did not do well at the box office. Cannot put my finger on why, but something was missing - I thought there was some good performances, especially the young girl. My biggest question about Disney + is why there are so few 20th Century Fox movies, I tried looking on the internet and could not find any answers. Does anyone on this thread know why? I counted over 175 movie titles when Disney first bought Fox, yet there are barely a handful currently on Disney +.
Likely, the rights are being given to other outlets. Disney may need to wait until those contracts expire...

I think rights is the big thing - some might wind up (or are already) on Hulu depending on ratings/content

I understand the rights thing, no one is more protective of there IP than Disney. What I do not understand is some of the older titles, some really terrific movies from 30's, 40's, and 50's that are not on. Do you think it is a matter of Disney wants to re digitize so they are better quality. I am out of my league when it comes to film preservation and what it takes to put some of this old movies with old technology and run them on Disney +. Again if anyone knows, I would love to educated.

Really pleased that rise of skywalk is coming next week and will be in the U.K. not seen it yet.

With them pushing up various other Disney+ release dates, makes sense to push this one up a few months to international Star Wars day. That said, this is a bad look:

I get where they are coming from (probably want to do a marketing strategy using people's tweets about May the 4th), but man, they are getting dunked on right now, and rightfully so.

I understand the rights thing, no one is more protective of there IP than Disney. What I do not understand is some of the older titles, some really terrific movies from 30's, 40's, and 50's that are not on. Do you think it is a matter of Disney wants to re digitize so they are better quality. I am out of my league when it comes to film preservation and what it takes to put some of this old movies with old technology and run them on Disney +. Again if anyone knows, I would love to educated.

In this case the rights would be the streaming rights. If 20th Century Fox already and a deal with Netflix/Amazon to let them stream movie x through 2021 Disney buying them out wouldn’t negate that deal. So if a movie you’re looking for on Disney+ is currently on another streaming service it most likely won’t be on Disney+ until the current deal expires.

In this case the rights would be the streaming rights. If 20th Century Fox already and a deal with Netflix/Amazon to let them stream movie x through 2021 Disney buying them out wouldn’t negate that deal. So if a movie you’re looking for on Disney+ is currently on another streaming service it most likely won’t be on Disney+ until the current deal expires.
And some of these you can see when the rights revert back to Disney for Dinsey+ on the Disney+ app. Like Maleficent (the first one not the sequel) will be on Disney+ in October 2020 after the current deal for it expires.

With them pushing up various other Disney+ release dates, makes sense to push this one up a few months to international Star Wars day. That said, this is a bad look:

I get where they are coming from (probably want to do a marketing strategy using people's tweets about May the 4th), but man, they are getting dunked on right now, and rightfully so.

How does it normally work with tweets? Can companies use tweets in promotional material since twitter is like a public statement or do they need something like this?

By sharing your message with us using #MayThe4th, you agree to our use of the message and your account name in all media and our terms of use here: http://disneytermsofuse.com

How does it normally work with tweets? Can companies use tweets in promotional material since twitter is like a public statement or do they need something like this?

This is normal in social media marketing, but people just don't realise it when they use specific hastags.

Many hashtags are created by companies for the specific purpose of generating user content for use in marketing campaigns.

Companies use hashtags in whats called social listening, there will be someone whose job it is to follow the hashtag stream and to select specific content from the stream for promotional use.

I do this for clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter