Disney Not Social Distancing Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe another reason with this change is that people started coming back when they saw reports of low wait times, now that wait times seem long some may be canceling because of it. Get those attractions on a more comfortable wait time range maybe people will come?
January is gonna be dead there needs to be an incentive for people
Maybe. I just think the people in the parks right now (myself included) are the diehard fans. There’s very little that could get this particular subset of the affinity group to cancel. People will complain and threaten to cancel but I don’t imagine many following through just because of waits. It’s sort of like when people complain about price increases. There’s much complaining but not a lot of canceling. I’ve seen far more reports (even on here) of people canceling over the recent surge in cases, lack of entertainment, limited offerings, etc...

I also have to wonder about the timing of this: right before the big holiday “rush.” One has to wonder if this policy will be implemented on an “as-needed” basis (like weekends and holidays), much like spacing on KS and LwtL.

And to be clear, I’m certainly not saying I’m canceling anything over this. I just think it sends the wrong message after they’ve spent so long trying to frame and set the narrative about this reopening and this seems really unnecessary. I still plan to be there next week (though, given how things are going outside WDW, I’m a bit more nervous, as I haven’t been into a park since before Thanksgiving).

I don't care about Disney relaxing social distancing............people distancing from me, though, is the only thing about these protocols that I kind of enjoy. I also appreciate the cleaning and the hand sanitizing. BUT, we have been AP holders for 19 years, and are not renewing until masks are made merely optional. If masks were made merely optional at any theme park (we live in Orlando), I would be there tomorrow!

Same here! We would join you. We aren’t getting new passes till no masks either. I might consider if they drop to inside or in lines and rides but even that is only a maybe.

Maybe. I just think the people in the parks right now (myself included) are the diehard fans. There’s very little that could get this particular subset of the affinity group to cancel. People will complain and threaten to cancel but I don’t imagine many following through just because of waits. It’s sort of like when people complain about price increases. There’s much complaining but not a lot of canceling. I’ve seen far more reports (even on here) of people canceling over the recent surge in cases, lack of entertainment, limited offerings, etc...

I also have to wonder about the timing of this: right before the big holiday “rush.” One has to wonder if this policy will be implemented on an “as-needed” basis (like weekends and holidays), much like spacing on KS and LwtL.

And to be clear, I’m certainly not saying I’m canceling anything over this. I just think it sends the wrong message after they’ve spent so long trying to frame and set the narrative about this reopening and this seems really unnecessary. I still plan to be there next week (though, given how things are going outside WDW, I’m a bit more nervous, as I haven’t been into a park since before Thanksgiving).

Not all diehards. I saw a woman being interviewed from an airport on CBS News tonight. She said she was headed to Orlando to “spend Christmas in Disneyland.”

I don't care about Disney relaxing social distancing............people distancing from me, though, is the only thing about these protocols that I kind of enjoy. I also appreciate the cleaning and the hand sanitizing. BUT, we have been AP holders for 19 years, and are not renewing until masks are made merely optional. If masks were made merely optional at any theme park (we live in Orlando), I would be there tomorrow!
Haven't masks always been optional?
My guess is they will make the masks mandatory inside only for a while, then drop the requirement altogether. That would be "following the science" similar to increasing ride capacities on roller coasters.
Q: Would you be OK with the park returning to normal operation/capacity once the vaccine is widely available, as opposed to required for entry? I, for one, will be getting the vaccine ASAP, but many will not.

it’s frightening how so many people call World, Land and vice versa. Even in the midst of the reopening a lot of reliable outlets were saying the wrong name. If you’re going to say WDW shouldn’t have been reopening, Disney fans aren’t going to take you seriously if you’re calling it by the wrong name

Same here! We would join you. We aren’t getting new passes till no masks either. I might consider if they drop to inside or in lines and rides but even that is only a maybe.

Same too. We have no issues going to DS, but any theme parks are off-limits for us at this time.

I’m just worried it will never actually happen. But while I’m glad some can wear them and have a good time it’s not for me.
I would be willing to bet money that masks will go away, we just don't know when. It sure doesn't seem like things will ever go back to normal at this point though...

Personally, I would suffer through wearing a mask to go to WDW, but there is no chance that I'm forcing my 2-year-old daughter to wear one.

I would be willing to bet money that masks will go away, we just don't know when. It sure doesn't seem like things will ever go back to normal at this point though...

Personally, I would suffer through wearing a mask to go to WDW, but there is no chance that I'm forcing my 2-year-old daughter to wear one.

Yes I’m in the same boat with a 2 year old son. And honestly my 4 and 7yo don’t want to either it’s just too hot with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter