Disney parks impact from stock!?

The problem here is the strong US Dollar. Conversion rates are pretty awful, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of international travelers.
That's what I've mentioned. The only way for that to be mitigated is if the other currencies starts to strengthen against the US $, and due to current economic and fuel problems in Europe (where the lion's share of international travellers come from, in my estimation), only the better-off are going to have the spending power, while the middle-incommers are not going to be able to go far with their money, especially as many of the benefits that existed before COVID and Chapek's controversial execution of changes are lost. Disney will have to start heavily discounting, and bringing back those lost benefits such as DDP, before they really start to haemorrhage guests to other parks like Universal.

We've been going to WDW yearly, for 21 years. For our May trip we will be staying 12 nights, DVC; I only bought 6 day tickets. We just can't afford the ticket prices and will enjoy a bunch of pool time.

We've been going to WDW yearly, for 21 years. For our May trip we will be staying 12 nights, DVC; I only bought 6 day tickets. We just can't afford the ticket prices and will enjoy a bunch of pool time.
What do you do for food that whole time, 12 days? Food costs on-property are as inflated as tickets. Do you have a car to go out to eat?

Is it really apparent? Many resorts are or recently have been remodeled and updated, new attractions have opened, more are being worked on, others are being updated (think Tiana). That doesn't sound like ignoring parks and resorts.
Gah, endless doom and gloomers. I agree with you. Each time I have gone over the last few years there has been something brand new to enjoy and look forward to. So very excited for Guardians and especially Tron coming. Seems like instant gratification and instant forgetting are the default now. Well, so what about those new rides.... what have you done for me lately?
DONT go if you dont like Disney anymore or dont feel like it is a good bargain. No one is forcing you to spend your money at a theme park. It is unrealistic to expect no effects from a major pandemic, during and in the years after.

People like to spin Universal vs Disney... there is no law you cannot enjoy both. They each have special aspects and things they do well. Competition is good.

What do you do for food that whole time, 12 days? Food costs on-property are as inflated as tickets. Do you have a car to go out to eat?
DVC rooms have their own kitchen (not studios).... dont know about the OP, but we use ours a lot. We usually drive so we have a car, a cooler, and ability to go shopping, although I usually just bring stuff from home... spaghetti, mac n cheese, some frozen steaks, my own coffee. Hit up a deli and you are pretty good to go. Even a meal a day helps on food savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter