Disney Pins? Show Me Your Pics!!

Just a warning to anyone wanting to start getting into pin collecting. It really is SO addictive. What started off as a one time thing where we thought we could each fill up a lanyard on one trip, has turned into an obsession. Every trip, each one of us shells out about $300 to fill up a lanyard. You figure 15-20 pins at 8-12 a piece. It can add up quickly. Not to mention the pins you want to start collecting outside of the parks, such as ebay.

You know you have a problem when you spend $200 on one rare pin that you need to complete your collection set of 24 pins. I won't say who did that.

Now off I go to find a 12 step program.

I just won a couple of auctions on Ebay for Teacups themed pins. I know I am in trouble when I am checking daily now to see if any new ones have been listed....:sad2:

You laugh but he knows what he's talking about. LOL We spend too much money on pins......altho I've not spent $200 on one yet....welcome to your new obsession!!! Did you see the Princess teacups? I LOVE those, they are sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

As one of my heroes (Yoda) might say about pin trading:

"Once you start down the ebay pin path, forever will pins dominate your destiny. Consume your checkbook they will."

I speak from personal experience that you don't just buy one or two. Chip and Dale mananged to work their way into my collection solely because they're so entertaining when I meet them in the parks and because they scolded me twice for not having them on my lanyard.

And yes, you did read that right. Two chipmunks caused me to buy more pins.

You laugh but he knows what he's talking about. LOL We spend too much money on pins......altho I've not spent $200 on one yet....welcome to your new obsession!!! Did you see the Princess teacups? I LOVE those, they are sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

I did see the Princess teacups! They are adorable! :lovestruc Someone had the set listed with a Buy it Now of $30 and free shipping, I thought about it...but didn't get them.

That is so funny... I love Chip and Dale, I better not look those up on Ebay or I will be in trouble...:rolleyes1

Just a warning to anyone wanting to start getting into pin collecting. It really is SO addictive. What started off as a one time thing where we thought we could each fill up a lanyard on one trip, has turned into an obsession. Every trip, each one of us shells out about $300 to fill up a lanyard. You figure 15-20 pins at 8-12 a piece. It can add up quickly. Not to mention the pins you want to start collecting outside of the parks, such as ebay.

You know you have a problem when you spend $200 on one rare pin that you need to complete your collection set of 24 pins. I won't say who did that.

Now off I go to find a 12 step program.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am still waiting for my 20 pack and princess ones to arrive :confused3

I did see the Princess teacups! They are adorable! :lovestruc Someone had the set listed with a Buy it Now of $30 and free shipping, I thought about it...but didn't get them.

That is so funny... I love Chip and Dale, I better not look those up on Ebay or I will be in trouble...:rolleyes1
If you want to stay out of trouble, then do not read what follows. However, if you want to have some real fun with Chip and Dale, then read at your own peril.

When Chip and Dale are on your lanyard, they get very excited and will generally do something silly while they admire your pin. Chip once kissed the pin, and Dale, not to be outdone, ate the pin. When the handler asked why he ate the pin, saying that metal wasn't good for you, Dale responded by rubbing his tummy.

As one of my heroes (Yoda) might say about pin trading:

"Once you start down the ebay pin path, forever will pins dominate your destiny. Consume your checkbook they will."

I speak from personal experience that you don't just buy one or two. Chip and Dale mananged to work their way into my collection solely because they're so entertaining when I meet them in the parks and because they scolded me twice for not having them on my lanyard.

LOL I love the Yoda quote, that's awesome!! and yes, those chipmunks are crazy!

$30! Wow, I should have bought enough to get another set. LOL Those are currently available for purchase at the pin stores in mystery packs, 2 pins for $10. But, you don't know what you get until you open the bag and they do not accept returns. We bought enough packs to get 2 full sets and a lot of traders....that we traded for a lot of pins. LOL We only have 1 extra Belle currently. They are CUTE tho, seriously, I keep thinking we should have bought more packs. LOL

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am still waiting for my 20 pack and princess ones to arrive :confused3

LOL I hope you get good pins!! :)

If you want to stay out of trouble, then do not read what follows. However, if you want to have some real fun with Chip and Dale, then read at your own peril.

When Chip and Dale are on your lanyard, they get very excited and will generally do something silly while they admire your pin. Chip once kissed the pin, and Dale, not to be outdone, ate the pin. When the handler asked why he ate the pin, saying that metal wasn't good for you, Dale responded by rubbing his tummy.

I love those chipmunks, they are hilarious!!!!!

:rotfl:

$30! Wow, I should have bought enough to get another set. LOL Those are currently available for purchase at the pin stores in mystery packs, 2 pins for $10. But, you don't know what you get until you open the bag and they do not accept returns.

So are the mystery packs only the princess teacups, or are there other pins ? The set on Ebay for $30 is definitely the cheapest that I have seen listed. People have sets listed for $50!!

:rotfl:

So are the mystery packs only the princess teacups, or are there other pins ? The set on Ebay for $30 is definitely the cheapest that I have seen listed. People have sets listed for $50!!

DANG!!! I knew I should have bought more of those! LOL The mystery packs were the Robin Hood coins, the Pooh silhouettes and the Princess teacups. I wonder if I called DeliverEars if they'd ship me some more of them? I keep thinking of people I could gift them too and fun cute things I could use them for in decorations.

My set of 20 arrived today!! just have to wait till I get to see them, I will take photos too!:cool1:

Also, this is killing me!!, in the set of 5 hidden mickey princesses who is the 5th princess. I have Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella, I know Jasmine is there, but I can't find the 5th?:confused3

I would say either Snow White or Belle. Sometimes I think that princess pin sets are the bane of my pin collecting existence. One great pin that will be extremely difficult to get and a bunch of others that don't interest me. :rotfl:

My set of 20 arrived today!! just have to wait till I get to see them, I will take photos too!:cool1:

Also, this is killing me!!, in the set of 5 hidden mickey princesses who is the 5th princess. I have Ariel, Aurora and Cinderella, I know Jasmine is there, but I can't find the 5th?:confused3

Which set? I can probably help you figure it out if I know that, my girls collect Princesses. :)

I would say either Snow White or Belle. Sometimes I think that princess pin sets are the bane of my pin collecting existence. One great pin that will be extremely difficult to get and a bunch of others that don't interest me. :rotfl:

I have a lot of "broken" sets because of this. I collect Aurora pins so I have a lot of random ones with her on them. :)

I have received 2 Teacups themed pins that I got on Ebay (*cough* three more on the way *cough*). I love them! :lovestruc

I have a question, not sure if anyone can answer. But do they normally have several different pins for a ride? In other words, am I going to be in big trouble when I go in September and find all different kinds of Teacups pins that I have to have??

Ah yes, the challenges of collecting pins from a movie whose title character happens to be a princess and you don't really care about pins with the other princesses. I've just accepted that there are some pins I'll never get. And I'm truly fine with that. It could be worse. My favorite movie could be one that sees very few pins, if any, a year. I know of a few Disney fans in that boat.

And besides that when Disney releases pins of Mickey and Minnie as Phillip and Aurora, I'm a very happy pin collector. I get a lot of comments about the Mickey and Minnie dancing in the clouds as Phillip and Aurora pin. Even Aurora herself liked that one.

I have received 2 Teacups themed pins that I got on Ebay (*cough* three more on the way *cough*). I love them! :lovestruc

I have a question, not sure if anyone can answer. But do they normally have several different pins for a ride? In other words, am I going to be in big trouble when I go in September and find all different kinds of Teacups pins that I have to have??
You're already collecting pins before you visit so you could be in big trouble. :lmao:

And to answer your question. Yes, it is very possible that you will find multiple teacup themed pins in the parks. There are quite a few rides that have multiple pin options.

You're already collecting pins before you visit so you could be in big trouble. :lmao:

And to answer your question. Yes, it is very possible that you will find multiple teacup themed pins in the parks. There are quite a few rides that have multiple pin options.

Uh-oh! Thanks....(I think). :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter