n25002324_34178915_7607.jpg

Gotta love Bob's Big Boy!
n25002324_34179012_9767.jpg

n25002324_34179013_57.jpg

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
n25002324_34181693_7650.jpg

We got to meet Jay! He was so sweet!
n25002324_34181751_6994.jpg

Everyone make sure & watch "Celebrity Family Feud" tonight, July 1, at 8:00pm on NBC! DH & I went to the taping, so look for us on the front row! The Girls Next Door, Vinnie Pastore, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Kathie Lee Gifford, & their families are all in the episode. It was a fun & crazy experience! :laughing:

Hey Lindsey - How is your new job going? I have an opportunity to go to Disneyland in two weeks. Where do you like to stay when you go there? There are so many hotels to choose from . . .

Hey Lindsey - How is your new job going? I have an opportunity to go to Disneyland in two weeks. Where do you like to stay when you go there? There are so many hotels to choose from . . .

Hi Julie!

Awesome! :yay: You will love Disneyland! It's a very different experience compared to WDW. I miss it! I've only stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and then a very scary roach motel near Disneyland. :rotfl: You don't want to stay there! We've stayed at the Hilton in Universal City, which is pretty much a Universal Studios resort and then we stayed at the Double Tree in Commerce.

There are many hotels and motels to choose from right in front of Disneyland and they are all in walking distance and there is an Anaheim trolly that can take you anywere. You can go wrong with many of the Disneyland neighbor hotels, but many are old and have been there since Disneyland opened. It's kinda more of a motel themed area and it takes you back to a different time. It depends on what you would like to spend or if you choose one of the three Disneyland hotels. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you. :wizard:

I start training for my new role this Monday! It seems like I've been waiting forever and I can't wait! :banana:

Wow, Lindsey - you really have had a long wait for this new job! I can't wait to hear about it! Thank you for the info on the Disneyland hotels. Well, I decided to splurge. I will only be spending two nights, so I thought - I want to be close the the parks, and such a short stay would allow me to spend more without racking up a huge bill. So . . . I'm staying at the Grand Californian. I feel as excited as I did for my first trip to Disney World. I'm glad that I don't have a long wait - I will be there next Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning. Now all I'll have to do is take a Disney Cruise :cutie: Good luck to you on Monday. How refreshing for you!! :woohoo:

I just realized something quite amazing! The date I joined the DIS was June 14, 2006! It was just my 2-year anniversary on The DIS! :banana:

June 14, 2008 was my first day of DS when I began my training! :eek: I can't believe I joined the DIS and became obsessed sitting at my apartment in Charlotte, NC and now look where I am! It's amazing and I'm going to keep pinching myself! :goodvibes Dreams really do come true! Have the courage to pursue your dreams...words I live by from Walt...:wizard:

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your summer!

I hope you have a great time at DL Julie! I would love to see some of your pictures when you get back if you don't mind sharing.

Lindsey that is so awesome about the Dis and DS. It's amazing what can happen in 2 years isn't it?! Walt really is an inspiration I think thats why I love Disney so much. Not just for the park but for everything that Walt did and believed in. It's amazing. :goodvibes

Wow, Lindsey - you really have had a long wait for this new job! I can't wait to hear about it! Thank you for the info on the Disneyland hotels. Well, I decided to splurge. I will only be spending two nights, so I thought - I want to be close the the parks, and such a short stay would allow me to spend more without racking up a huge bill. So . . . I'm staying at the Grand Californian. I feel as excited as I did for my first trip to Disney World. I'm glad that I don't have a long wait - I will be there next Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning. Now all I'll have to do is take a Disney Cruise :cutie: Good luck to you on Monday. How refreshing for you!! :woohoo:

I can't believe you are staying at the Grand Californian! Lucky you! You will have to tell me all about it! The resort is gorgeous! I've eaten there at Storyteller's Cafe, which is very yummy! I'm up for a DIS cruise any time!!! :banana:

My training was great! The first day was slow and boring...all the paperwork and details, but today was all about our dreams coming true. We laughed, we cried, we sang A Whole New World...What a day! :wizard:

It's still quite surreal for me and top it off we had a magical moment created for us by a surprise visit to MK for a visit to Cinderella Castle Suite! :scared1:

I haven't slept for the past two days because of the extreme excitement and I love it! :goodvibes

My Goodness Lindsey - that is just amazing about how much your life has changed in two years! Wow! It sounds like it just keeps getting better every day. May I ask - did you move to Florida first, and then get the job with Disney? I'm taking too long to get through school - I am ready for my job change already - the sooner the better. I am excited about next week! Thanks Lindsey and Cheryl for your well wishes!:wave2: :wave2::goodvibes

My Goodness Lindsey - that is just amazing about how much your life has changed in two years! Wow! It sounds like it just keeps getting better every day. May I ask - did you move to Florida first, and then get the job with Disney? I'm taking too long to get through school - I am ready for my job change already - the sooner the better. I am excited about next week! Thanks Lindsey and Cheryl for your well wishes!:wave2: :wave2::goodvibes

Yeah, we moved to Florida first before I even looked into the jobs at WDW. I had a lot of unpacking and work to do on our house, so we were here a little over two months before I went to the Casting Center to see what was available. Of course, Disney pay is not great at all. I have finally moved up, which is great! More money is always a good thing! Enjoy Cali! :banana:

So Lindsey - when do you get to start making dreams come true? That has to be an amazing experience! Also, had you seen the Cinderella Castle Suite before? I think your new job sounds wonderful! How is your Dad liking his? Well, I leave tomorrow morning for Vegas - come on big money :rotfl:

So Lindsey - when do you get to start making dreams come true? That has to be an amazing experience! Also, had you seen the Cinderella Castle Suite before? I think your new job sounds wonderful! How is your Dad liking his? Well, I leave tomorrow morning for Vegas - come on big money :rotfl:

I start on July 28! I can't wait to begin my journey! :banana: It's going to be an amazing 5 months! I was lucky enough to visit Cinderella Castle Suite once before and I had a whole thread on here with all the pictures I took if you want to look at it. :goodvibes

My Dad seems to be really enjoying his job. It's strange for my parents because they have lived in NC for almost 30 years and now they're back in FL. It's still strange for them and they are trying to adjust to the change.

Viva Las Vegas! :yay: Have a blast and good luck! I love Vegas!

So today was your first day - how did it go? I had a wonderful vacation. I will try to post pictures. Las Vegas was unbelievable. I've decided I would definitely feel safe going there by myself - YaY, I have another vacation destination. I LOVED Disneyland! I think it's so cool that all of the parks/hotels/Downtown Disney are so close together. It amazed me that I could walk out of my hotel right into California Adventures, or right into Downtown Disney. I can't believe all of the rides that they have in Disneyland that aren't in the Magic Kingdom. It was also so funny - people seemed to not ride most of the rides - they just ride the same ones over and over. Even though it was a beautiful summer day, I was able to walk right onto most of the rides! I only had to wait for Finding Nemo, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan, and I didn't make it onto the bob sleds or Splash Mountain - I was exhausted, and those lines were long. For everything else, it felt like an off season, slow day. The weather was perfect! Mid 70s during the days and mid 60s at night. No humidity. The Grand Californian is a wonderful resort - I felt like a queen. John Wayne airport was so easy to use, and the Disney transfers were fast and comfortable. I definitely want to go back to Disneyland again. :goodvibes By the way, I would love to see your pictures of the Cinderella Suite. What is the thread called? I hope you have a great first week, Lindsey!! princess:

So today was your first day - how did it go? I had a wonderful vacation. I will try to post pictures. Las Vegas was unbelievable. I've decided I would definitely feel safe going there by myself - YaY, I have another vacation destination. I LOVED Disneyland! I think it's so cool that all of the parks/hotels/Downtown Disney are so close together. It amazed me that I could walk out of my hotel right into California Adventures, or right into Downtown Disney. I can't believe all of the rides that they have in Disneyland that aren't in the Magic Kingdom. It was also so funny - people seemed to not ride most of the rides - they just ride the same ones over and over. Even though it was a beautiful summer day, I was able to walk right onto most of the rides! I only had to wait for Finding Nemo, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan, and I didn't make it onto the bob sleds or Splash Mountain - I was exhausted, and those lines were long. For everything else, it felt like an off season, slow day. The weather was perfect! Mid 70s during the days and mid 60s at night. No humidity. The Grand Californian is a wonderful resort - I felt like a queen. John Wayne airport was so easy to use, and the Disney transfers were fast and comfortable. I definitely want to go back to Disneyland again. :goodvibes By the way, I would love to see your pictures of the Cinderella Suite. What is the thread called? I hope you have a great first week, Lindsey!! princess:

Hi Julie!

Your trip sounds fantastic! Isn't it amazing how different Disneyland is? I love how even the same rides are different. It's a lot of fun and the weather in Cali is also nice, never humidity there! I'd love to see some pics!

I went to Vegas for the first time a couple of years ago and loved it too! There is so much to do and I love all of the entertainment to pick from too.

My first week has been amazing and so magical! I am exhausted and have been working long hours, but it's all so worth it! I have such a wonderful day today, the best ever! You can't go wrong when you get to give out the Cinderella Castle Suite and create magic for everyone. It's a dream come true!

I'll have to see if I can find the thread with my pics or you can look for it by searching too!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time Julie! After hearing you and Lindsey talk so much about it I think I need to start looking into a trip out there. Did Disneyland set up transfers (airport) for you or did you find your own company?

Hi Cheryl - How is your summer going? You would absolutely love Disneyland! I used Dreams Unlimited for my resort, park passes, and the transfers. John Wayne is so small - it was a piece of cake to find the Disney bus, and there was only one other family on it! It got me to my resort quickly. I'm going to check out Lindsey's pictures of Cinderella's castle suite, and then I need to go to sleep. I haven't caught up yet from last week. I'll try probably this weekend to load my pictures. I really only took them of the resort. Hope you're staying cool! :flower3:

WOW - I can't believe all of the details that most people never get to see. Amazing!! Thank you for the pictures, and the link!!!

Hi - I hope everyone has had a great rest of their summer! I cannot seem to figure out how to post pictures - very frustrating! :sad2: I'm sure it must be really easy. :confused: I am done trying, and I do apologize! I am back to school on Tuesday, August 19. The summer's over :sad1: Usually, I'm more eager to get back to school. I think I've just had too much fun this summer. If that's possible. Also, I'm nervous about Calculus 2. Oh well, if I end up dropping it, I can work more and make more money for vacations :rotfl: I really want to get down for a Disney Halloween party one of these years - I would love to see all of the characters in costume. Talk to you soon . . . .

Are you all planning another adventure together anytime soon? I loved reading about it!!

WOW - I can't believe all of the details that most people never get to see. Amazing!! Thank you for the pictures, and the link!!!

You're welcome! :goodvibes Isn't it just simply amazing!? :eek: I could spend hours just finding all the little hidden touches and Disney details. One day...I hope I can enjoy the amazing tub. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter