Disney Skyliner Crash?

I just saw this on FB. Those poor people. I heard they have been stuck for over 2 hours. People were told to open up the emergency kits below the seats after they were stuck for an hour. The kits have water and containers to pee in. I feel so bad for everyone stuck. At least it's night time and the sun isn't beating down on them. I would think it would be like an oven.

I feel so bad for everyone that's stuck, and at night too. I know it's hot during the day, but having to be cherry-picked off at night must be terrifying!

Aaaaand I said in another thread that you'd never get me on one of those things, and now I feel sad but vindicated.

Hope its nothing too major. That sounds much worse than being stuck on a rollercoaster as there's many more people involved.

My husband and I rode the skyliner for the first time this evening. I was a bit apprehensive about going on it, but once we were on, I enjoyed it for the most part. When leaving and entering a station, the gondolas go at a higher rate of speed than when they're in the air, and we noticed how closely the gondolas behind us seemed to come up on us as we were slowing down to exit the car. Our last ride was on the same line as the one where the accident happened a few hours later. It was the line from Epcot to the Caribbean Resort, with a stop at the Riviera. Nobody gets off or on at the Riviera station since the hotel isn't open yet, but the gondolas slowly glide through and the doors open and close. Cast members are there to tell you to stay seated as you continue on your way to the Caribbean Resort station.

Our ride was pretty smooth, but I did notice our gondola swaying when the wind was blowing. On the flip side, we found the inside of the gondola to be very breezy and not at all hot. After hearing about the accident, though, I'm not too crazy about riding them again.

I was so surprised (and sad) to hear about the accident and I feel for all the people who were (and maybe still are) stuck on the skyliner. I know not all the details are in yet, but hopefully, nobody was hurt.

I guess the Disney bubble isn’t always magical. I hope they’re okay. I’m sure it’s embarrassing relieving oneself in front of strangers.

Just read there was a power failure.

Have any of you ever done these types of rides very high up in the mountains? Yikes!

I’ve been following this on Twitter. Those poor people, done have been stuck for just about three hours! And they have been stating that the in-cabin announcements aren’t giving them any information.

Have any of you ever done these types of rides very high up in the mountains? Yikes!
I've ridden the ones at ski resorts in the Canadian Rockies many times. In winter the biggest threat to having them stop for any reason is the brutal cold. They are not heated and it doesn't take long before you're feeling quite desperate. I've experienced brief stops (5 minutes or so) and one of the worst things about it is that you have no idea why the cars have stopped and your imagination can really get going.

1. If they expect me to pee in a container I hope at least that each party has their own gondola. Please tell me they do because it's hard enough to imagine having to do that in front of friends and family I don't even want to think about having strangers in there with you. That being said, I still appreciate the gesture, because I'm the person who would have to go reeeealllly bad while being stuck on that thing for hours.

2. Are these things air conditioned?

1. If they expect me to pee in a container I hope at least that each party has their own gondola. Please tell me they do because it's hard enough to imagine having to do that in front of friends and family I don't even want to think about having strangers in there with you. That being said, I still appreciate the gesture, because I'm the person who would have to go reeeealllly bad while being stuck on that thing for hours.

2. Are these things air conditioned?

At some point, you'd have to go so bad it wouldn't matter if someone was sitting on your lap.

I just saw this on FB. Those poor people. I heard they have been stuck for over 2 hours. People were told to open up the emergency kits below the seats after they were stuck for an hour. The kits have water and containers to pee in. I feel so bad for everyone stuck. At least it's night time and the sun isn't beating down on them. I would think it would be like an oven.
Containers to pee? I’m pretty open minded and...when you have to pee you have to pee, but peeing in front of 11 possible strangers? No thanks

Really one accident and the sky is falling? If that is how we thought we would not be using ANY new technology. Well I am planning a trip nex5 September and making sure it’s at a skyline resort so I can ride them.

They just opened a few days ago. One accident already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter