Disney Springs Best Western

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
Since we can now get FP+ 60 days out and also use EMH when staying at a Disney Springs hotel I thought we might give it a shot.
I am going to book with Mousesavers rate and when I go through all the information it doesn't say specifically what the cancellation policy is or if they put any money on your credit card when you book.
I like to know these things up front.
The only thing I see is they say if you are using a debit card (I'm not) they may charge you when booking.
If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

And oh, if you think I could make a better choice with a DS hotel, please let me know. We are the "only in room to sleep and shower" type, so see no need to spend more.

Thanks!

I stayed there in late 2016 and found the room I received was very worn, IMHO many years overdue for a refurb. If saving money is the main concern, it could be an OK choice. I read that it is scheduled for a refurb but I don't know when. I haven't tried any of the other DS hotels yet, but have read pretty good things about the Doubletree, although that will likely cost more than the BW.

I am going to book with Mousesavers rate and when I go through all the information it doesn't say specifically what the cancellation policy is or if they put any money on your credit card when you book.

Check out the Deposit Policy on the Best Western website.
  • Advance Purchase: The full amount of stay will be charged to your credit card immediately. Taxes may apply.
  • Flexible Rate: Guaranteed to your credit card for late arrival.
Although it probably could be clearer, the term "guaranteed" means the hotel won't charge your card unless you are a no-show. At least that's the industry standard. (I used to work in hotels.)

I've held reservations at that Best Western before and was not charged in advance. I've never actually stayed there, as those trips either got canceled or I moved to one of use "usual" hotels.

I stayed there in late 2016 and found the room I received was very worn, IMHO many years overdue for a refurb. If saving money is the main concern, it could be an OK choice. I read that it is scheduled for a refurb but I don't know when.

The Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs was sold to Drury Hotels back in August 2017. As you noted, I'm sure it will be renovated before changing brands. Honestly, I thought that renovation/rebranding process would have begun by now.

The Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs was sold to Drury Hotels back in August 2017. As you noted, I'm sure it will be renovated before changing brands. Honestly, I thought that renovation/rebranding process would have begun by now.

Me too. Given they are growing their presence you would think they would want to do that sooner than later. We are almost at a year since the purchase, the hotel needs the makeover ..... makes me wonder why they are waiting.

while I don't care too much that its a bit shabby, as long as its clean, I'm wondering if there is a better choice. Is The B the next one up the line as far as prices go? Thanks for all the great advice. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
while I don't care too much that its a bit shabby, as long as its clean, I'm wondering if there is a better choice. Is The B the next one up the line as far as prices go? Thanks for all the great advice. I appreciate it.
Prices fluctuate at all the hotels, and sometimes the Doubletree is the next one up the line in price. Also with the B Resort, "B-ware" the resort fees and parking fees, which can add another approximately $52 per night to the quoted price. But sometimes there are deals through mousesavers that will waive the resort fees.

I'm wondering if there is a better choice.

Quoting myself from a recent thread, here are my opinions of the Disney Springs Hotels:
  • DoubleTree Suites Disney Springs: My favorite, but farthest away from Disney Springs. I've stayed at least 80 nights there in the past several years and never had a bad stay. Any minor problem (broken space, dead TV remote) gets fixed with one call or visit to the Front Desk. All room are two-room suites. One of the quietest hotels I've stayed in, as bedrooms are further away from the door to the hallway.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: A lot closer to Disney Springs. Solid hotel with an excellent staff. I've not experience any problems there, but haven't stayed nearly as many nights. On multiple occasions, I had managers approach me in the lobby while I was waiting for the bus and ask if everything with my stay was going well. That sort of thing is pretty rare.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: Mediocre, at best. I've stayed at least 40 nights there and never had a perfect stay. Lots of issue, including: housekeeping ignoring "Do Not Disturb" signs, a broken toilet that took 3 calls and over 2 hours to fix, billing errors, and groundskeepers running leaf blowers near guest rooms prior to 7am (on two separate occasions). I will only stay there if the total rate (including exorbitant resort fee) is under about $110.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Recently renovated with wonderful public areas, including an impressive pool with lazy river. Unfortunately, they didn't renovate the rooms. The one I got on my last stay was the dirtiest hotel room I've seen in over two decades. Other people have had better luck with the rooms, but this hotel is a "Do Not Return" for me until they renovate the rooms.
  • B Resort and Spa: I haven't stayed there since it started operating under the "B" brand. I have made several reservations, but for various reasons (not related to the hotel) I canceled those trips. I have walked through and the public areas are quite nice. For what it's worth, the Valet staff always says hello when I walk past on the way to the DoubleTree Suites.
  • Wyndham and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista: No personal experience.
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: No personal experience. The hotel was bought by Drury Inns, which means it probably will be renovated and rebranded at some point.

Since we can now get FP+ 60 days out and also use EMH when staying at a Disney Springs hotel I thought we might give it a shot.
I like to know these things up front.
The only thing I see is they say if you are using a debit card (I'm not) they may charge you when booking.
If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

And oh, if you think I could make a better choice with a DS hotel, please let me know. We are the "only in room to sleep and shower" type, so see no need to spend more.

Thanks!

Can you share the mouse savers discount info? I think I accidentally deleted the email this month

About the B resort - Many times when I look on Priceline, Orbitz or Hotels dot come, the B resort was among the cheapest even when factoring in resort fees and parking. I'll be paying around 120 a night there soon and that includes the resort fee, parking and tax through an Orbitz deal and while not the nicest DS hotel with Disney perks, going by pictures and reviews, I think it is better than a couple of them.

Jrits, when I went on the DS Best Western site to check prices, they had an option for Mousesavers discount. It wasn't much, as I remember.
I haven't yet chosen what to do for our stay in October. I've been too busy with other stuff, but hopefully now I can get it all figured out.
Planning a WDW vacation is a lot of work! but its fun being immersed in all the planning.

If I switch to a Disney Springs property, It will probably be the Best Western. We don't spend time in the room other than sleeping, showering and getting ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter