Disney trip - staying at Marriot 12 - 19th Feb Journey home added

How was Cowboy cookout?

Denis ordered the half barbecue chicken, which according to the board came with potato wedges, all for E10.95. When we got to the table, there were no wedges in the container, but the bill showed E10.95. He went back up to enquire where they were, they tried to charge him extra for the wedges, but then just gave them to him:confused3. It seemed like the staff serving behind the counter were working off a different menu than the one displayed on the walls. Anyway, it tasted grand. We also had 2 chips for the girls, but Nicole didn't eat hers (still not eating since she was sick), so I ate them - so much for not ordering them in the first place to be good! The restaurant was nice & warm inside - great to get in from the cold.

Day 7 Friday 18th Feb

Got the bus to Disney at 10.30 this morning. I caught the train to Paris to have a look round the shops (didn't buy much!). Denis & the girls went into the main park & picked up fastpasses for Buzz & then had a ride on IASW while waiting for their time to come up. After Buzz they had a ride on the Carousel. Nicole was still not feeling great, so they didn't have their lunch at Auberge, but instead had a snack while they watched the Character Express go by. Then they went over to the Studios to see Stitch Live, but by then Nicole was feeling sick again, so they back to the Marriott instead. I arrived back from Paris at about 4pm & resisted the temptation to have a wander round Disney on my own, but got the bus back to the Marriott & then took a quick trip to the supermarket to buy some soup because Nicole said she wanted some. When I got back, she had fallen asleep & slept for about 2 hours. Natasha went off to the playroom again - she loves it in there. Nicole felt better again after her sleep & even managed to eat some of the soup. Poor thing is so disappointed about missing out on her holiday:sad:
So we have everything packed that we can pack tonight, ready to be out of here at 10am. Our taxi is coming at 12, so we have 2 hours to fill in the morning. In the past we could always have a late checkout at 12, but now that have started charging E15 per hour, I think we'll be out in time - unless Nicole still isn't feeling great.

Denis ordered the half barbecue chicken, which according to the board came with potato wedges, all for E10.95. When we got to the table, there were no wedges in the container, but the bill showed E10.95. He went back up to enquire where they were, they tried to charge him extra for the wedges, but then just gave them to him:confused3. It seemed like the staff serving behind the counter were working off a different menu than the one displayed on the walls. Anyway, it tasted grand. We also had 2 chips for the girls, but Nicole didn't eat hers (still not eating since she was sick), so I ate them - so much for not ordering them in the first place to be good! The restaurant was nice & warm inside - great to get in from the cold.

It should be nice for little boys, right?

oh, poor Nicole. I hope she's feeling better today and not so upset.

Ahhh Poor Nicole,Hope the wee mite feels better soon.Its a shame the girls missed out on their Princess lunch but I'm sure they will get there again on another trip.

Hope you have a safe journey home back to our lovely green isle ;)

Aw, that's a shame they missed out on their Princess lunch - you'll just have to go back again when she's better! :goodvibes

We arrived home safe & sound this evening. Checked out at 10am & saved ourselves E30 & then stayed in the playroom at the Marriott until our taxi arrived at 12. Nicole seems to be now fully recovered - typical she gets better in time to go home. Ezyshuttle were on time as usual. We had our packed lunch before checking in which was surprisingly faster then any other time. There didn't seem to be as many flights being checked in at the same time. Everything went smoothly and we landed in Belfast at about 4pm & were back home for about 6pm. The dogs were very pleased to see us! As there was no food in the house, we just went to the chipper & then I went out & did some grocery shopping so we have healthy food in the house for when I get back on track with weightwatchers from tomorrow morning!

I will have a look at the photos & post them up in the report within the next few days.

Thanks for all your kind messages about Nicole. She is upset that it ruined her holiday & I'd love to take her back again, just don't know whan that will happen!

Glad you are back safe and sound :) and back to our glorious Northern Irish weather :sad2:
So glad Nicole is feeling better and I am sure she will get back soon to make up for lost time

Thanks for the live updates (even though I'm a bit behind in reading them LOL )

Such a shame about Nicole being ill :sad2: I hope that you'll manage to get back there soon. Like you said thank goodness you had the extra space at the Marriott.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. :)

Sorry your dd wasn't well there but good to hear she's on the mend now. We were at the DLH on the Thursday too funny we must've seen you as there weren't many children there at all :goodvibes

AAAh poor Nicole, I hope shes back to health. The poor little pet must be so upset. Would she like a postcard from Mickey saying get well soon? We're off next week and could post one if you'd like?

A great TR, its lovely to hear what the crowds/weather/food is like at the minute

AAAh poor Nicole, I hope shes back to health. The poor little pet must be so upset. Would she like a postcard from Mickey saying get well soon? We're off next week and could post one if you'd like?

A great TR, its lovely to hear what the crowds/weather/food is like at the minute

Thanks for the offer of the postcard. She is 8 & still totally believes that all the characters, the dragon etc are real (don't know how much longer that will last), but I think a postcard would lead to a million questions as to how he knew she was sick, how he knew where she lived & how did he not know that she was better now! When she was 5 she was also sick on her holiday to DLP. In those days some people got to ride on the last float in the Studios Parade & I arranged for her to go on that float & she still believes that meeting Mickey that day made her better. She kept reminding me about it last week.

I must get round to putting the photos on the trip report. The girls go back to school on Wednesday (I know they had an extra long half term - 1 1/2 weeks off) so I'll have more time to myself then.

Thanks again for your lovely offer. Have a great holiday when you're there.

Thanks again for thinking of her

Lovely Trip Report. Such a shame your daughter got poorly.

Could I ask a couple of questions about the Marriott as I keep looking at it and can't decide how convenient it would be.

Does the Marriott have a regular shuttle to disney or is there a local bus you use?
How much is the bus/shuttle?
And how long does it take to get to the parks?

Thanks,
Clayre

Lovely Trip Report. Such a shame your daughter got poorly.

Could I ask a couple of questions about the Marriott as I keep looking at it and can't decide how convenient it would be.

Does the Marriott have a regular shuttle to disney or is there a local bus you use?
How much is the bus/shuttle?
And how long does it take to get to the parks?

Thanks,
Clayre

Hi Clayre

The Marriott does run their own shuttle bus to Disney. It costs E2 per person & runs to a timetable you get on checkin. We have never used it as the public bus costs E1.80 each and E0.90 for kids (age 4-9) and has a more regular service. The journey takes about 10mins & the public bus stop is just outside the entrance to the Marriott - 5 mins walk from reception.

Any other questions, just ask. It is a great place to stay & the public bus is never crowded like the disney shuttle buses.

I really must get round to adding the photos to the trip report!

Just catching up with your trippie - another lovely relaxed trip. Shame about your dd being ill :cloud9: I'm sure you'll all be back soon though.

Thanks for posting :goodvibes

I have loved reading about your adventures. Such a shame that Nicole was poorly and missed out on lunch with the princesses. Hopefully you will be able to get there again soon.

How did Natasha like Cinemagique? My DD is 4 now and I was thinking of trying that on our next trip. Is the Art of Animation still a bit beyond 4 yr olds?

As with all these things, it depends on the child. My two have enjoyed these attractions from about the age of 2 onwards, but really started to get into them from about the age of 5.

Why do kids wake up so early on holiday? We went swimming this morning, but the pool was freezing. Natasha only managed to stay in for a few minutes & her lips were blue, so it wasn't a very long swim. Sat in the jacuzzi to warm up. Denis mentioned it to them at reception and they said that a few people had also complained but they had checked & it was fine. Hope they do something about it or we'll not be able to swim for the rest of the week. It would probably be fine for someone swimming constantly, but not for kids.

Hope it is warmer when we return to our home away from home next month. If not, I will have a word with the board. Glad you still like our resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter