• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

The truth is that we are part of the problem. As long as we continue to throw money at a company that does not deliver product or services as promised they will feel no motivation to actually meet their promises or improve their service

and a great big "Amen, Brother" to this

Currently having an issue modifying fast passes for my trip coming up at the end of the week. While it says " 4 guests" for my current reservation, when I go to modify, only my name is listed. Was not the case previously. Will wait a little and see if it fixes itself. Odd.

MDE is finally all correct for me, but I was not able to book a room only reservation online today. I tried 4 times. Not wasting time calling. It’s absurd that I can’t do what I need to on their website.
I was able to book a room only reservation yesterday. Maybe that portion has been fixed. Maybe?

Hadn't thought of this - but alternately you could try and book a new ADR during that time and if the new one goes through you would know the old one was canceled ? Crazy thought I know but its kind of like like checking your online check in to be sure your DME reservation shows under check in time? ….
If a phantom dining reservation is preventing you from making a new one, have someone else in your party make the reservation. You don't need to specify who is in your party to make a dining reservation.

I booked my trip over a year ago. This MDE mess hit about two weeks ago, give or take some days.
Certainly we have a choice. On the other hand, once I've booked airfare, I'm pretty committed. Going forward? I guess I'll think it over. But I'm not going to blame the customer on this one.
This MDE mess has been going on since early summer.

I've been to Disney a few times since MDE has been in place and I have always thought it was a great app. Sure, it has a few issues here and there, but show me an app that doesn't. Especially one as robust as this app is. I was able to get my 60 days fast passes easy this morning and got what I wanted.

I've been to Disney a few times since MDE has been in place and I have always thought it was a great app. Sure, it has a few issues here and there, but show me an app that doesn't. Especially one as robust as this app is. I was able to get my 60 days fast passes easy this morning and got what I wanted.

Glad you had success. Hoping for the same for others.

I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who agree with you. I'm one of them.
You'd be singing an entirely different story if you experienced the issues that others were, and still are experiencing.

Currently having an issue modifying fast passes for my trip coming up at the end of the week. While it says " 4 guests" for my current reservation, when I go to modify, only my name is listed. Was not the case previously. Will wait a little and see if it fixes itself. Odd.
I have the same issue except for 3 people and it only shows my name...sent email to guest services for all the good it will do :headache:

I have been trying since 6am to make ADR’s and still unable to. Was on the phone at 7 for over an hour and they are still unable to help & are putting in tickets to IT to resolve. Spoke to two supervisors as well. Have never had issues like this over the past 10 years & extremely disappointing in Disney for the first time. This is ridiculous! Does anyone have a good email address to send complaints to?

Well my FPs are now showing for only 1 guest when I booked them for all three of us. I emailed the email provided but if I dont hear in the next few days I will have to call. SO frustrating.

I was able to book FPs for all three of us on Saturday without issue, but now it shows tickets and FPs for only 2 of us. I'll give it a bit before I send an email since I still have 58 days before my trip, but I was in the process of moving up a FOP FP from 5pm to 2pm when everything went kaput.

I’ve seen a few posts saying that we’re part of the problem. As long as we keep going/paying it won’t be a priority to fix MDE. I’m not sure I agree with this. I kinda think that attendance would have to drop to all-time lows before MDE will jump to top of the priority list.

If attendance starts to drop they’ll add incentives/discounts. Most people will put up with the inconvenience of using MDE if they’re saving significant money. Disney will get more bang for their buck with incentives then they will paying vendors to fix their software and It’ll allow Disney spread the cost of fixing the problem over a longer period and lessen the impact on their projections. Heck, maybe the recent announcements of attractions going away is where some of the money is coming from.

All of which is conjecture on my part but is seems logical.

I do find myself wondering if there isn’t a bigger issue here. The app and website are both little more than a front-end to access info from our tablets, phones, and PCs. The data we’re all looking for is stored Disney's servers and presumably accessed by their own systems as well as MDE. And, it appears that even they’re having problems. We called DSS over the weekend to book the steam train tour and the CM was seeing different availability information then we were on the website. Not only that, but depending on how/where she was accessing the data she was seeing different information between different sources. She had to put me on hold to figure it out so we could finally book the tour.

All of this begs the question: Is this more than just issues with a poorly written MDE website/app? Is this database problem (Oracle ?), an integration issue, or just an aging infrastructure? I’m kinda hoping it’s something like this because the potential financial ramifications could be real big, real fast...in which case they’ll have to address it sooner rather than later. Attendance they can shore up in the short term but potentially huge capital expenses would need immediate attention.

In the meantime, I’m and saving and printing all our confirmation emails and maybe even taking screen shots of MDE if needed. Our 60 day point is this Wednesday so here’s to hoping it goes as smooth as can be expected. :D

Mike

I am glad it worked for you. I have had issues and have emailed for help, and when the message was answered I was directed to IT. Um, I thought that when I contacted the address I was told to contact, those folks would take it from there, but no. Dropped in my lap.

Okay, I have no desire to stay on the phone for 2 hours plus so I watched. Today it is better, my magic bands are now showing, but my husband, who I paid for, is not. I can see him on my family list, I add him, but the system will not place him there. Not fun. I am hoping to get this mess cleaned up by FP day. I have almost $15,000 invested in this trip and will not be at all happy if I cannot book fast passes when I have had this trip booked for almost a year.

I am glad it worked for you. I have had issues and have emailed for help, and when the message was answered I was directed to IT. Um, I thought that when I contacted the address I was told to contact, those folks would take it from there, but no. Dropped in my lap.

Okay, I have no desire to stay on the phone for 2 hours plus so I watched. Today it is better, my magic bands are now showing, but my husband, who I paid for, is not. I can see him on my family list, I add him, but the system will not place him there. Not fun. I am hoping to get this mess cleaned up by FP day. I have almost $15,000 invested in this trip and will not be at all happy if I cannot book fast passes when I have had this trip booked for almost a year.

Are the wait times that long? I've had a few issues over the last month, including a magic band one where I had to go to IT, and I didn't have to wait longer than 7 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter