Disney Wish - Concierge Cabana Request - Success or No?

JeffBDisney

Earning My Ears
Now that the 130 day booking window for concierge is approaching on the Wish for some of us, I was curious is anyone having success securing a cabana?

I'm just curious as my 130 day window happened and sent my email exactly at midnight, I can even see my timestamp of 12:00:00AM. I logged on today since I'm now at 120 days and saw no cabana for me, called shoreside, they told me I'm 1st on waiting list of a very long list (how long not sure).

I do understand the Wish has double the concierge rooms so therefore obtaining a cabana was going to be difficult as many know to email at midnight 130 days out, but just a little disappointed to be one away. You think my odds are good securing one being first on waiting list?

Curious what room type you are in. I wonder if instead of first come first serve, they are giving cabanas to the more expensive concierge categories (tower suite, royal suite etc) and people in the basic rooms are bottom of list

76??? Yikes! We have done Concierge cruises on the Magic and Wonder and are going to do the Dream in Feb 2023. We were recently on the Wonder and one of our hosts was making a valid point about the increased number of concierge rooms on the Wish and still maintaining the level of expected service. I would think there would be more than 3 hosts for that number of staterooms and the lounge would have to be pretty sizeable. The small amount of rooms, personalized service, and ability to feel like the lounge is somewhere to escape a crowd are huge perks to us. I will be very interested to see how they do it on the Wish and hope everyone has the experience they are used to at this level!

76??? Yikes! We have done Concierge cruises on the Magic and Wonder and are going to do the Dream in Feb 2023. We were recently on the Wonder and one of our hosts was making a valid point about the increased number of concierge rooms on the Wish and still maintaining the level of expected service. I would think there would be more than 3 hosts for that number of staterooms and the lounge would have to be pretty sizeable. The small amount of rooms, personalized service, and ability to feel like the lounge is somewhere to escape a crowd are huge perks to us. I will be very interested to see how they do it on the Wish and hope everyone has the experience they are used to at this level!
Yup cause I think the Magic only has 44 in comparison.

We just put our request in this am at 12:00:00 on the dot too. Someone else mentioned that it depends on when it came into shoreside and time stamped then - wondering if next time I hit send at 11:59:58 (we will be on a B2B). Hoping for a cabana for one leg of the sailing

Curious what room type you are in. I wonder if instead of first come first serve, they are giving cabanas to the more expensive concierge categories (tower suite, royal suite etc) and people in the basic rooms are bottom of list
So I am in the Little Mermaid Oceanview rooms which technically is the cheapest category (still expensive in my book but slightly cheaper than the verandah). I guess I was curious if this is the case. I felt I did everything right. My timestamp is spot on of what it needed to be.

And yes I was aware of the 76 rooms. Totally knew it wasn't going to be easy. I'm probably just making excuses due to the fact I'm 1st on the waiting list! Oh well, curious if anyone else is having success obtaining on the wish since it is so hard.........

So I am in the Little Mermaid Oceanview rooms which technically is the cheapest category (still expensive in my book but slightly cheaper than the verandah). I guess I was curious if this is the case. I felt I did everything right. My timestamp is spot on of what it needed to be.

And yes I was aware of the 76 rooms. Totally knew it wasn't going to be easy. I'm probably just making excuses due to the fact I'm 1st on the waiting list! Oh well, curious if anyone else is having success obtaining on the wish since it is so hard.........
Well, there are 17 family cabanas available to book (they go to #21, but #1 is held back as handicap accessible, #16-17 are used for weddings, and there is no #13.). And by my count, there are 17 suites on the Wish (1 Tower Suite, 4 Royal, and 12 1BR). Coincidence? Maybe. Suspicious? Definitely.

Now that the 130 day booking window for concierge is approaching on the Wish for some of us, I was curious is anyone having success securing a cabana?

I'm just curious as my 130 day window happened and sent my email exactly at midnight, I can even see my timestamp of 12:00:00AM. I logged on today since I'm now at 120 days and saw no cabana for me, called shoreside, they told me I'm 1st on waiting list of a very long list (how long not sure).

I do understand the Wish has double the concierge rooms so therefore obtaining a cabana was going to be difficult as many know to email at midnight 130 days out, but just a little disappointed to be one away. You think my odds are good securing one being first on waiting list?

This is the main reason we haven't booked a cruise on the Wish yet. I'm not willing to pay Concierge prices and not have a legitimate chance at a cabana. I know there are currently more Concierge staterooms than cabanas available but I've never had a problem getting a cabana on previous cruises. With the additional Concierge staterooms on the Wish, there are going to be a lot of unhappy Concierge passengers when they can't get one.

This is the main reason we haven't booked a cruise on the Wish yet. I'm not willing to pay Concierge prices and not have a legitimate chance at a cabana. I know there are currently more Concierge staterooms than cabanas available but I've never had a problem getting a cabana on previous cruises. With the additional Concierge staterooms on the Wish, there are going to be a lot of unhappy Concierge passengers when they can't get one.
Yeah I don't blame you. Guess I was hoping I was more savvy then most but I should have known better. Shoreside told me they are building the new island which will have way more cabanas to support the Wish. I told him that's nice and all but that doesn't help me today!!!

I once asked shoreside what my position was on the email request list and she told me 14 when I sent my request right at midnight. I asked her how I cold be so far down the cabana request list and she told me there were a couple of parties that were before me that requested two cabanas.

I didnt even know that was an option.

I once asked shoreside what my position was on the email request list and she told me 14 when I sent my request right at midnight. I asked her how I cold be so far down the cabana request list and she told me there were a couple of parties that were before me that requested two cabanas.

I didnt even know that was an option.
Yikes - was this on the Wish or another ship?

Do you think people send them in early and that is how this is happening? Seems to me that if the time on the email is before midnight, you should go to the bottom of the list of people who sent them right at midnight. Otherwise, people will just start sending them earlier and earlier.

Do you think people send them in early and that is how this is happening? Seems to me that if the time on the email is before midnight, you should go to the bottom of the list of people who sent them right at midnight. Otherwise, people will just start sending them earlier and earlier.
I think they look at the time stamp on the incoming emails and any of them that are prior to 12:00:00 are not taken into consideration.

I just sent a request in the other day and I got a concierge email back today saying they recieved my request and would put them in prior to the 120 day activity booking window opening. They didnt say I would get everything however.

I looked down to the bottom of the email and my email that they had received as attached. It is time stamped at 12:00 but the seconds are not on there.

I‘m on the July 26 cruise and they changed that 125 to 130 days (or rather I got notice of the change from shoreside concierge) only 3 days prior to the 130 day mark. It just so happened that for us, we were already on a Disney cruise when this new date took effect and I was expecting to send the email the following week. By the time I found out, it was merely hours Before the midnight deadline and the internet on the ship wasnt working almost at all. The concierge team on board did everything they could the next morning, but I already missed out and was put on the wait list. So I can’t report any success in booking one for the Wish.

If all 40+ rooms send at midnight it’s not unreasonable especially as most emails can be set to automatically send so they don’t HAVE to be up at midnight..

At worst assuming all 40 rooms wanted a cabana they’d still be half disappointed…

I have always thought they did this, I couldn't imagine booking a Royal or 2Bdrm on any ship & not getting a Cabana
even thou it says it's by time stamp, I have my doubts

Yeah I don't blame you. Guess I was hoping I was more savvy then most but I should have known better. Shoreside told me they are building the new island which will have way more cabanas to support the Wish. I told him that's nice and all but that doesn't help me today!!!

There could have been a number of people who setup their emails to send out right at the exact time so it was stamped correctly. I setup emails to send at a specific time a lot and would probably do so for an email needing to be sent at midnight.

Something else I just thought of, many other concierge guests may have been using a travel agent and the agent knew to send at the specific time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter