Disney Wish - Concierge Cabana Request - Success or No?

If all 40+ rooms send at midnight it’s not unreasonable especially as most emails can be set to automatically send so they don’t HAVE to be up at midnight..

At worst assuming all 40 rooms wanted a cabana they’d still be half disappointed…
luckily we are travelling with friends on both legs of our B2B on the Wish, so we all requested cabanas and we will just end up sharing with the families that didnt get one.

Yeah I don't blame you. Guess I was hoping I was more savvy then most but I should have known better. Shoreside told me they are building the new island which will have way more cabanas to support the Wish. I told him that's nice and all but that doesn't help me today!!!

Let's hope the island construction progresses faster than the Tron Lightcycle at MK.

First time I booked a concierge room, I sent my email and it got there at 11:59:45, boy did I get a scolding by the agent who answered my requests. Felt like I was being sent to the principals office.
would always be better to be 15 seconds later than 15 seconds too soon I guess.

For our August 5th sailing (first leg of B2B) we were unsuccessful at getting a Cabana and my email was sent at 12:00 midnight also. I was a bit disappointed. :( Wonder if along with the time of the email do they weigh the fact that one has a 1 bedroom or higher over a verandah room. Just wondering.

I also requested a cabana for our August 8th sailing but I won't hold my breath! (And I sent that one at midnight also).

**Update 4/19/22** I am 0 for 2 for Cabana for our B2B cruise. Maybe it was a good thing (save some cash) but it still stings a bit. There will definitely be more disappointed Concierge guests on the Wish.

Last edited:

For our August 5th sailing (first leg of B2B) we were unsuccessful at getting a Cabana and my email was sent at 12:00 midnight also. I was a bit disappointed. :( Wonder if along with the time of the email do they weigh the fact that one has a 1 bedroom or higher over a verandah room. Just wondering.

I also requested a cabana for our August 8th sailing but I won't hold my breath! (And I sent that one at midnight also).
Appreciate the feedback. As I mentioned earlier in this thread totally understand it was going to be harder with 76 concierge rooms so not shocking i and you didn’t get one either. But curious if anyone is having success. Yet to hear on one yet.

Woke up this morning to see we successfully got a Cabana! This is for the Aug 8th sailing, and we are only in a family oceanview verandah, not a suite......shocked for sure! This is a B2B with the Aug 12th sailing and I requested one on that sailing also.

Last edited:
Now that the 130 day booking window for concierge is approaching on the Wish for some of us, I was curious is anyone having success securing a cabana?

I'm just curious as my 130 day window happened and sent my email exactly at midnight, I can even see my timestamp of 12:00:00AM. I logged on today since I'm now at 120 days and saw no cabana for me, called shoreside, they told me I'm 1st on waiting list of a very long list (how long not sure).

I do understand the Wish has double the concierge rooms so therefore obtaining a cabana was going to be difficult as many know to email at midnight 130 days out, but just a little disappointed to be one away. You think my odds are good securing one being first on waiting list?
I am a successful cabana booker - not in a suite and email sent seconds after midnight ( I had draft Saved). Family beach high number.

My request went in 12:00:00 on the dot, and we’re in a 1BR. First time ever sailing concierge. And no cabana for us.

I haven’t gotten an email yet from Concierge, but my window opened at midnight. Looking at my planned activities, it feels to me like they didn’t actually fulfill my requests. I asked for the Encante brunch and Dessert and *I* am booked but my husband and adult son are not. It should show all our names, right? Does this mean they didn’t book the rest of the party? I have the email from them where they confirmed they’d be booking the brunch and dessert for me, my husband and adult son, in order received, but I see “my plans” on the Disney cruise website, only my name is listed.

How do I find out where I am on the waitlist?

Last edited:
My request went in 12:00:00 on the dot, and we’re in a 1BR. First time ever sailing concierge. And no cabana for us.

I haven’t gotten an email yet from Concierge, but my window opened at midnight. Looking at my planned activities, it feels to me like they didn’t actually fulfill my requests. I asked for the Encante brunch and Dessert and *I* am booked but my husband and adult son are not. It should show all our names, right? Does this mean they didn’t book the rest of the party? I have the email from them where they confirmed they’d be booking the brunch and dessert for me, my husband and adult son, in order received, but n see “my plans” on the Disney cruise website, o my my name is listed.

How do I find out where I am on the waitlist?
You will only see one name booked for the adult dining, but you all are included - ours looks just like that as well and I inquired. As far as the cabana, I believe you can call shoreside to see where you are on the waitlist.

You will only see one name booked for the adult dining, but you all are included - ours looks just like that as well and I inquired. As far as the cabana, I believe you can call shoreside to see where you are on the waitlist.
They won't tell you how far you are on the waitlist. They can let you know that you are on it. Then to check closer to sailing to see if it was added for you due to a last minute cancellation.

I’m going to hold out some hope for a cabana, but I should prepare for the fact that we won’t. I get there are so many more concierge rooms now, but this is super disappointing on so many levels. I had hoped the 1BR might give us the edge, but for all those wondering, the suites clearly do not. :-)

I’m going to hold out some hope for a cabana, but I should prepare for the fact that we won’t. I get there are so many more concierge rooms now, but this is super disappointing on so many levels. I had hoped the 1BR might give us the edge, but for all those wondering, the suites clearly do not. :-)

Same. We are in a 1br for a back to back and sent our emails at midnight for both. We got a serenity cabana for the 3 day but nothing for the 4 day.

**Update 4/19/22** I am 0 for 2 for Cabana for our B2B cruise. Maybe it was a good thing (save some cash) but it still stings a bit. There will definitely be more disappointed Concierge guests on the Wish.
**Update 7/6/22** I just got an email from Shoreside Concierge and I just got pulled from the waitlist for a Family Cabana (#19) on our first sailing of our B2B!!! Woohoo!!! I had truly just given up hope to get one.

We sail on the Wish in September, slept through our 130 day mark (whoops). Sent an email to shoreside at 7am and got a Serenity Bay cabana no problem!

On a somewhat related note, we also sail on the Wish in January and our 130 day mark is during our September cruise! Has anyone ever done this before with the unreliable onboard wifi (unless its better on the Wish)? Or can the onboard concierge somehow talk to shoreside for me? TIA

On a somewhat related note, we also sail on the Wish in January and our 130 day mark is during our September cruise! Has anyone ever done this before with the unreliable onboard wifi (unless its better on the Wish)? Or can the onboard concierge somehow talk to shoreside for me? TIA
Maybe the Wish Wi-FI will be better? We'll know next week I suspect.

I saw an article the other day about Starlink being approved for cruise ships...that might help (someday).

**Update 7/6/22** I just got an email from Shoreside Concierge and I just got pulled from the waitlist for a Family Cabana (#19) on our first sailing of our B2B!!! Woohoo!!! I had truly just given up hope to get one.
Grats! I can’t say I’m too surprised. This always happens when people book something new at Disney sight unseen and then when it opens, the wave of cancellations start. Happened for Starcruiser, happens all the time with resort hotels, and is happening for the Wish. I wouldn’t be surprised if something about the recent Wish videos/reports disappointed one some of the concierge guests on your cruise and they opted to jump ship (pun intended) and move their concierge deposit to another Disney cruise ship sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter