Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplern

DIS Veteran
Anyone going in Sept 2006?
This is our first cruise. DH, DD and myself. Deck 6 6576.

Vicki :boat: :cloud9:

DIS Meets for the DIS group traveling on the Wonder September 3rd Cruise:

9/3/06 Sunday- Embarkation Day!
11:30 am in the terminal in front of the televisions
Sail-away Party- Deck 10 in front of the bar area overlooking the goofy pool

9/4/06 Monday- Nassau
AM Meet-time and place TBD
11:00pm Wavebands 80’s Night! (Adults Only)

9/5/06 Wednesday- Day at Sea
2:30pm Beer Tasting in Diversions (Adults Only)
3:00pm Stem to Stern Wine Tasting in Palo (Adults Only)
***Check Navigator to confirm locations and times of the events since they are subject to change****

Welcome to the Sept. 3rd DIS Meet Thread. We are all contributing "goodies" to the group to make goodie bags for the kids. Here is the list:

Blackunicorn said:
]Please be sure to check to make sure all information is correct. PM Blackunicorn if I've missed any information. Thank you!

Cruisin' Goodies

Vicki aka Purplern -- 1 girl princess:
Pirate tattoos --144
Pirate stickers -- 100
Pirate flags -- 48
Treasure maps -- 48

TaeJa aka taeja71 -- 2 girls, 1 boy princess: princess: pirate:
Plastic bling-bling rings -- 24
Necklaces -- 70

Kerry aka Ker-Bear -- 1 boy pirate:
Goody bags -- 50
Gummy skull and crossbones -- 86

Lisa aka LCTsMom and friend Tammy-- 1 girl, 4 boys princess: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:
Flashing skull magnetic pins -- 48
Pirate hackey sacks -- 48

Jessica aka Luv2Travel -- 1 girl, 2 boys princess: pirate: pirate:
Bubble gum coins
Pirate earrings and/or pirate necklaces
Kelloggs Pirates of the Caribbean fruit snacks

Dawn G. aka Blackunicorn -- 1 girl, 1 boy princess: pirate:
Glow-in-the-dark bracelets -- 40
Black spots -- 24
Pirate skull necklaces -- 36
Pirate mugs -- 36

ReallyFunMom -- 2 boys pirate: pirate:
Eyepatches -- 30
Replica coins -- 64
Coin pouches -- 30

Suzanne aka suzannef -- 4 girls, 1 boy princess: princess: princess: princess: pirate:
Pirate sword pens -- 36
Gold and silver bubble gum coins -- 100
Assorted jewels -- 150
Pirate Telescopes--24
Assorted Pirate Enamel Charms--36

Lori aka mom_of_2_princesses -- 2 girls princess: princess:
Pirate pinwheels
Yo-yos

Lunasmum --
Pirate pencils
Glow-in-the-dark bracelets

Items in black have been purchased. I'll add the amounts when I know them.
Items in gray are items that I've been told are being considered.

Need ideas? Want to shop? Check out these websites:

orientaltradingcompany.com -- do a keyword search for pirate or tropical
deadmentellnotales.com
birthdayexpress.com

Some Suggested Items are:

Moustaches
Pirate blow-outs
Spyglasses
Treasure chests
Pirate pencil toppers

There are 24 kids signed up for Cruisin' Goodies!
See the cruise list at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=785829&page=161&pp=15

If you want to particpate, please PM Blackunicorn AKA Dawn

Someone on the board posted where to get the count down. I dont remember where. My mother keeps saying it's a year and a half away why are you planning now! So you are not the only one!!! LOL! Our daughter will be 8 at the time of sailing and this is our first cruise ever. Our daughter is looking forward to all the kid club activities.

My DD will say Hi to anyone who says it to her first! I remember reading the post about 16K I almost died too!
I cant wait to see Castaway Cay. It sounds so nice. My husband wants to scuba dive in Nassau and DD wants to go to the kids club. So I will enjoy the day relaxing in the sun.
I think I want to do Palo's Champagne Brunch. I especially want to try the Champange and Strawberries.
This trip came about for us because nothing else was on TV and we were watching the Travel channel and they had the Disney Cruise line on and DD said I want to do that.
I thought the 7 day would be to much because we never cruised and the 3 too short so we will try the 4 and if we like it (which I bet we do) we will do the 7 day.

My parents are experienced cruisers and they took DS on the 3 day and said it wasn't enough. However, they also thought the 7 day might be too much it would just depend on who you went with. The 4 night seemed like the right fit for me although I like all the extra activities of the 7 night. When I found out they added the brunch I was very excited about the 4 night because I had heard so many wonderful comments about it. I saw the show on DCL on Travel Channel too. I have the 2004 planning kit and just ordered the 2005 DVD so I am interested in seeing if it looks any different. All I know is that it can't get here soon enough.

Hope you have a great weekend. It's going to rain here in SC most of the time so I probably will get a bunch of down time in and some cleaning done!

No one in our family has ever cruised before.
I, too , can not wait for it to get here.
I have the 2005 DVD it is really nice!
Have a nice weekend. It is suppose to rain here in PA too!

We are going to have a blast!!!
See you then

Thanks for your e-mail. Of course being computer challenged I have yet to figure it out. I have asked the webmaster for assistance so I am sure she has some rule books for dummies.

Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for the info.

Kerry

I found the countdown clock that I could actually navigate! My parents booked on Wednesday so we will be a party of 5. ::yes:: They got booked into 2583 but I have to check to see if that's a good room. It's a connector and I am hoping to have them moved since we won't be connecting to them. Supposedly connector's are very noisy. If they have to be in a connecting room I will probably switch my cabin to connect with them.

Hope you have a great Memorial Day!

Okay, the rooms are all squared away. I will be in 2607 and 2609 with my family and unless DCL upgrades us, that's where we will be. I can't wait!

You and me both!!!! I think we are going to make reservations for the Palo Brunch.

I am definitely doing the brunch. I think I might do the dinner on the 3rd night, then go to the Pirates Party if they still have it. As it stands now, you do the same restaurant on the 3rd and 4th night. If that changes then I will change my night but we will have to wait and see. Found out about a cool resort to go to Wyndham Cable Beach in Nassau that doesn't cost anything to use. They are on the beach and have a pool with a slide. DS doesn't want to do dolphins. Says he's scared. He loves the beach so we will probably just do that.

Sounds like fun. My DD doesnt like the beaches. She has eczema and sometimes it's really bad and the water and sand bothers it. So she wants to do the kids club, DH want to scuba dive. So I get to relax and do nothing!!!!!!!

I am interested to see if we get anymore early planners on our thread. I spent the weekend on Tybee Island, GA relaxing and enjoying the beach. I can't wait to experience Castaway Cay! The water was way too cold for swimming this weekend. I am hoping the Caribbean is much better. Heading to Miami in three weeks to get some sun on South Beach and watch the Braves play the Marlins. After that, no vacation until the Wonder. It will be a long year, that's for sure.

Me too! Sounds like a nice time!
I cant wait to see Castawat Cay either it sounds so nice!
Have fun in Miami.

Hello all! I just wanted to check out your thread as our family may be sailing with you! I guess I should call the travel agent (TA) first and request quote changes.... :earseek: Well, there's five of us total DH, myself, DD-5, DS 3, and DD-2. Well, I better get on the phone before you flood me with questions. One tip for you newbie DISers, try to keep your cruise meet thread on page 1! Even if you have to leave a "bump" post, it will keep the thread on or close to page one and your post count will go higher. So, consider my post, a bump to your thread.

I'll keep you all posted on our POSSIBLE sailing with you all.

I'm not the most organized person in the world, but if ONE of you could keep a running list of DIS cruisers for Sept. 3-7 it would be nice to have a list of all who are going and whoever else is sailing with them.
For example:
taeja71 :earsgirl:
DAD :cool:
DD- princess:
DS- pirate:
DD- princess:
Have a great day all and keep on posting!

I just checked sailings for 2006 and are you guys sailing sept. 2nd instead of the 3rd? Maybe this is a private cruise???? :confused3 Please let me know.

This is a 4 night Wonder cruise

My reservation on Disney Cruise.com says September 3, 2006 and when I checked to try and make a reservation it said September 3rd.

Maybe you were actually seeing the 2005 dates, which would be the 2nd.

I wish it was a private cruise, however I am sure there will be lots of people on board due to the great rates and it being Labor Day weekend.

Hope you can go during that time. I highly recommend Tom at All Seasons Travel to assist with the planning. Got the best rate there as well.

Good Luck

Ker-Bear said:
This is a 4 night Wonder cruise

My reservation on Disney Cruise.com says September 3, 2006 and when I checked to try and make a reservation it said September 3rd.

Maybe you were actually seeing the 2005 dates, which would be the 2nd.

I wish it was a private cruise, however I am sure there will be lots of people on board due to the great rates and it being Labor Day weekend.

Hope you can go during that time. I highly recommend Tom at All Seasons Travel to assist with the planning. Got the best rate there as well.

Good Luck

Then, I just checked all seas, and this is what they have..
September 3, 2006 - Four Night Cruise Including Day at Sea - Disney Wonder®
:crazy: WEIRD! :crazy:

gOT IT! YOU ALL ARE LEAVING THE 3RD! GOT A CALL FROM DH about the dates. 9/2/06 is a 7day. been searching on the WWW too and :crazy: me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter