• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great! I have NO problem with you doing the list! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

My husband's name is Rich and my DD Amanda!!!

We are in room 6576! :flower:

I cant wait either!!!!! I am really looking forward to the Strawberries and Champagne!!!! Yum!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:tongue: :dancer: :teleport::jumping1: Good Morning future cruisers! How are we today? On your mark... Get set.... Leave a post! :cool1: :wave2: :banana: :cheer2: :wave: :earboy2: :bounce: :chat: :hyper: :hyper2: :

I gave my MIL the link to this thread. I hope she'll register and start posting on this GREAT thread! Mom, are you reading this?

Hello out there, I notice there are more views than replies to this thread. Viewers, leave us your posts if you are cruising with us on the WONDERful adventure! Pleeeeaaaase? :teeth:

2,000+ hits are over at the Sept. 4-8, 2005 Wonder cruise thread. Have hope ladies, our thread will be large like that eventually. Even if we have to do it by ourselves! Insert evil laugh here! pirate:

:banana: :banana: Vicki, not only are we working our way to 2,000+ hits, but you got "TOPS" (being at the top of a page) as well- congrats! You are the top banana! :banana: :banana:

:rolleyes1 M-I-C See you on the WONDER :rolleyes1 KEY- Why? Because we love it! M-O-U-S-E.... :wave2:

Kerry, where are you????? We need you!!

check out channel 280 TLC. The dry dock show is on and you never know which ship you'll see. I don't know much about the show, so don't flame me if you don't see the Magic/Wonder. Tune in now!

Sorry guys. I spent my weekend living it up and didn't get to the computer. My extra wonderful boyfriend got me 2 1/2 hours worth of body wrap/massage for my birthday so I spent Saturday morning at the most devine spa. We are definitely doing the open air cabana couples massage on castaway cay. I love massages! Then we participated in a scavenger hunt Saturday night with about 30 other people and came in second! Sunday I recovered and went to see Batman Begins. Great movie!!!!

taeja71: Thank you for doing the master list. I love someone who is ultra organized, I love to plan but sometimes the details stress me out. Here is our crew:

DBF: Kevin, 35 (36 at sail date)
Me: Kerry, 33 (34)
DS: Jared, 5 (7)
Mom: Stephanie- probably wouldn't want her age posted!
Dad: Ron

Between now and then, my good friend, her daughter and parents may join in. That decision will probably be much later down the road. Then don't plan much :confused3

I am all up for a Dis meet. Not so sure I can convince anyone to wear the alien green t-shirts but you never know. My DS and DBF would pretty much do anything for me, my parents (okay my dad) is the big question. :rotfl:

I can't wait to get 2,000 posts. We will even if we do it ourselves!

Have a great Monday!

Good Morning!!!

Kerry sounds like you had a nice weekend!! My son saw Batman too! He also liked it!!!

Taeja job well done on the list!!!

Have a nice day!!! :flower: :sunny: ::MickeyMo :wave: :wave: :boat: :boat:

Happy Birthday Kerry! I am glad you didn't spend any time in front of the computer. Seems like your DBF likes spoiling you....that's great! You said, "I love someone who is ultra organized, I love to plan but sometimes the details stress me out." Ultraorganized I am not and by the time embarkation comes around I will definately be :crazy: after putting our list together. I hope your good friend, her daughter and parents join us!

I'm hoping some one would like to set up our DISmeet. It involves gathering a census of when and where?? Any of you up for that task?

I think it would be cool to have a mickey head competition, but I don't think Home Depot would like the idea of thousands of mickey head paint chips missing. I just envision some one wearing tons of lime green mickey heads all over their shirt. Wouldn't that be cool to see?! I'm crazy, I know. We could have a creativity game. Who uses the mickey heads most creatively (like making a mickey head lei/necklace). Hmmmm....another idea to bring to the table as our group gets larger.

Vicki, I'm glad you watched the DCL show. It's a great show. There's another show, "The Perfect Proposal" that for a whole week the show had proposals aboard the Magic I think it was. There was one proposal where the couple (and her son/daughter) dressed up in Belle like costumes. They did a little plot w/ a cast member and then the DBF at the time got on one knee and proposed to the DGF. It was sooo cute it made me cry. I'm pretty sure there were threads about "Perfect Proposal" here on the DISboards so search for that if you want to find out more.

Glad every one had a great weekend! I gotta go, post 'ya later!

If you keep the master list I will attempt to organize a DIS meet. Once we get more on our thread we can figure out what's best. A creativity contest I would lose but I will try my best. I am typically up for just about anything so my motto is "give it a whirl, you might like it". I have no idea what the mickey lime green paint chips even are so I guess I would have to start there. I go on vacation next week so after Friday you guys will be alone on the thread without me. To be frank, I need this cruise to come faster!!!! 1 year of dreaming about booking and 14 months left waiting for it!!! Although excited about my trip next week it will not be the same as being on the Wonder. Okay, I don't know what being on the Wonder is like but I am sure it beats the heck out of any vacation I have to plan all the activities for :goodvibes

Anyway, I am hoping the Wonder puts DBF in a "Perfect Proposal" kind of mood next year. Just have to keep my fingers crossed :rolleyes1

Ker-Bear said:
If you keep the master list I will attempt to organize a DIS meet. Once we get more on our thread we can figure out what's best. :goodvibes Anyway, I am hoping the Wonder puts DBF in a "Perfect Proposal" kind of mood next year. Just have to keep my fingers crossed :rolleyes1
I put some kind of comment about Kevin in my telling about the "Perfect Proposal", but I erased it b/c I didn't want to step on any toes (I already did that on another thread). Glad to see you are hoping the same thing for 9/06. That's great Kerry you'll be our DIS meet leader. I excited about our meeting face to face already! I also noticed your signature line. You added our cruise thread! AWESOME!

Ker-Bear also wrote:" I have no idea what the mickey lime green paint chips even are so I guess I would have to start there." Alien Lime Green (from Home Depot) is the official DIS color. There's even a DIS online store being created w/ lime green every thing. People use the lime green mickey chips (the paint chips are literally the shape of mickey's face and ears) as name tags, for the door signs, for luggage tags, probably a bunch of other uses. The paint chip has a square backing on it, but people just seperate the two pieces and use the mickey face itself. You'll see what I mean if you look at my door sign again. The paint chip also let's other DISers know you are a DISer too. Am I making sense? My brain is not fully awake.

Vicki, Hope you had a great Monday! I'm scared to ask about Batman b/c I actually may want to go see it! I'm trying to keep myself from asking any questions.... :rolleyes1

Kerry: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Good luck! Enjoy your vacation!!!!!!!!!

Taeja: I didnt see Batman, the last movie I saw was The polar express.

Happy Tuesday!! :Pinkbounc :wave2:

purplern said:
Taeja: I didnt see Batman, the last movie I saw was The polar express.

I still haven't seen that one either! :earseek:

when I get back I will definitely go to Home Depot (even though I totally prefer Lowe's) and check this out. I really like the t-shirt idea. I figure on the first day it would help everyone identify the wonderful (and maybe a little wild & crazy?) DISer's on board. Plus, my parents live in Daytona Beach so we will be at the port the earliest possible moment to take in the whole experience.

TaeJa: One thing I was thinking about is an adults only meet at one of the clubs on one of the nights. I saw on one of these threads they are testing making Wavebands non-smoking (don't flame me if I have the wrong club; I have read so much stuff on the Wonder and the Magic in my one year quest that I mix them up at times) I have a hard time dealing with smoke, but though it would be fun if we all get together one night like on 70's or 80's night if they still have it. Didn't know if DISer's would be up to that. Between the kids club and my parents I will have lots of babysitters. Of course Mom and Dad may want to join in! Just a thought!

As for my perfect proposal, I know he is going to marry me, I just think he is saving up for the ring so hopefully 14 months is plenty of time!!!!

Okay ladies, brace yourselves......

Tom my TA from All Seasons Travel (the best TA ever!) called to tell me that DCL has put a freeze on making any changes to our cruises reservations and is no longer accepting reservations for our cruise and the ones for a few weeks after. :confused3 :sad2:

Tom says they have not released why so all he can do is speculate on the possible scenarios. So here is what he thinks:

1) Changing the itinerary- this could be okay just would depend I suppose

2) Dry Dock- which would explain the weeks of blackout dates

He said that if the cruise is canceled, DCL should (key word here being should) offer alternative options. He also said that DCL typically is very generous when they do things like cancel cruises and if we were flexible it could potentially be to our benefit.

So...I absolutely promise to keep you abreast of any changes Tom notifies me about. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter