Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted a thread in the discussion forum. Some feedback received is they block a large range of dates for someone taking the entire ship and since they haven't specified they blocked a big chunk. Aug 11th-Sept 22nd 2006

Speculation is another DVC cruise. Apparently that is what they are doing this Labor Day and that is how it went down last year. They blocked out dates then picked and when they chose the dates the other passengers were notified.

I am so not happy if that's the case. If DVC gets the boat DCL better offer some huge incentives for dumping on us. Anyway, the two scenarios from Tom sounded much better than DVC getting our cruise. well, I guess I will be depressed for a little while and get over it. What else can you do....

I am glad you saw this. Let us know if your TA contacts you. It will be interesting to see what they say.

My husband called DCL and they said that the ship is not block, they have plenty of cabins available.
I guess only time will tell. I'll take a 7 day cruise at the price I am paying now if they do cancel. :goodvibes

Keep us informed.

purplern said:
I guess only time will tell. I'll take a 7 day cruise at the price I am paying now if they do cancel. :goodvibes .

No kidding, me too. I'll take a 7 day for a 4 day price! We'll FIND a way to take the extra time off. My awesome husband typed in on DCL's cruise site and the dates that were blacked out for him were 8/31/06- 9/24/06. Either way you look at it using Kerry's dates or ours- our 9/3/06 may be effected. I hope our trip won't get cancelled!

Kerry, great job on keeping us updated and thanks for starting that thread!

Tom from All Seasons called me at home last night and said that DCL shifted the blackout dates and we can now make changes to our ressies or book a new reservation. He said he still doesn't know what's going on and if they do anything that affects our cruise he will let me know. We are good to go as of 8:17am EST on 6/23. Apparently DCL is up to something and is having a hard time figuring out the dates to do whatever it is they are trying to accomplish. :confused3 :confused3

purplern said:
My husband called DCL and they said that the ship is not block, they have plenty of cabins available.
I guess only time will tell. I'll take a 7 day cruise at the price I am paying now if they do cancel. :goodvibes

Keep us informed.

I've heard references to DCL coming thru for you when they bump you ---- is 7 night for price of 4 night a real possibility for guests bumped b/c of charter or dry dock?

26555 said:
I've heard references to DCL coming thru for you when they bump you ---- is 7 night for price of 4 night a real possibility for guests bumped b/c of charter or dry dock?

I doubt they'll give us a 7night for a 4night price. My DH told me last night he read on the DISboard that some one who got bumped by DVC last year received two catagory upgrades and they ended up going a week later on their cruise. I'm not sure which thread my DH found that on. Here's the thread (that 26555 started) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=844602.

BTW 26555, I just have to ask, are you sailing with our group? If you are, how exciting!

Side note: :earseek: Ladies, I am freaking out about my son's birthday party. It's supposed to be really hot on Saturday and our subdivision has no established trees. We're going to have the sprinkler and a pool blown up, water guns diguised as cute fish and birds, but I hope the kids don't get too over heated. I'm still freaking out about my son's party as I still haven't started putting together the party good stuff. It's all in a bag waiting for me to do some thing with it. I better get moving as I'm loosing more time posting. I gotta think of the good of my son right? :crazy:

I'll take a 2 catagory upgrade. That's would great!

I think your son's party sounds nice! I fits hot they'll have a blast.

We are having a party on Saturday at this place called Frankie's Fun park. I still need to make the goodie bags but chose to do it away for our place because I didn't want the headache. Leaving to go on vacation on Sunday so didn't want to be all stressed out for that. 12 kids running wild would cause me gray hair or worse no hair!!! So have a good time!!!! :wizard:

I'm panicing about the heat here on Sat. its supposed to be a high of 91. Blech! :sunny:

I just have to share what my DC- Disney children have been up to. This am it was the exercise ball and then my youngest DD did this to herself. I hope you all have memberships to Imagestation.com. Here's a link to today's album.

taeja71 said:
BTW 26555, I just have to ask, are you sailing with our group? If you are, how exciting!

Yep, I'll be there but I feel odd admitting it since I haven't even told family yet. I have to wait until closer to 2006, I'll be razzed about both booking very early and doing a Disney thing again. Now that I've booked, I'm going to try to forget about it for awhile so I don't have to deal with 14 months of anticipation! I've got a couple more Orlando trips to think about first, anyway.

26555 said:
taeja71 said:

Yep, I'll be there but I feel odd admitting it since I haven't even told family yet. I have to wait until closer to 2006, I'll be razzed about both booking very early and doing a Disney thing again. Now that I've booked, I'm going to try to forget about it for awhile so I don't have to deal with 14 months of anticipation! I've got a couple more Orlando trips to think about first, anyway.

:jumping1: :hyper2: :hyper:You'll know where to find us in 2006!;) :hyper2: :hyper: :dancer: :flower1:

:flower: :sunny: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :wave2: :jumping1: :wave: :wave: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :boat: :flower1: :thewave: :thewave:

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!
We need to make a time machine and speed things up!!!!!

26555: I realize you haven't told them but you could you tell us your info. Such as who is sailing, ages, cabin info and seating time? We are keeping a list. Glad you can join our thread. We are just a little excited....Can you tell?

Ladies: I am off for the next 10 days. I will post after I return. Have a great week and TaeJa-enjoy the B-Day party! :cool1:

Vicki, I agree, I wish there were a way to speed up time so we can board, but time would have to slow down as we are crusing.

26555, could you at least let us know how many in your party are cruising and ages?

Kerry, I concur, have a great 10days!

The kids and I are currently testing the kiddie pool, the slip and slide, and eventually we'll test the Batman sprinkler. It's soooo hot! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter