• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World is the best place on earth because ...

Although I haven't been there in about 5 years, it remains one of the most magical places for me simply because of the memories. Watching my DD's face light up (and my DH's face light up watching hers) has been truly one of the greatest pleasures of my life. Our DD is now 24 and married and it is one of her great joys as well. We've travelled extensively, but Disney always felt like home to us--safe and familiar.

after your kids are grown its still good in a different way, but there just anit no getting the magic back of seeing the amazement in your kids eyes

I can get better food and drinks in my home town, craft beers and cocktails. I have friends who are Disney fanatics, but they agree with me about the restaurants. I guess it depends where you live.
We have Great food around the Atlanta area and we do have great places to get some awesome craft and imported beer and wine. I said "So many craft beers you will never be able to try them all!" Of course I can try many different types of food and drink in my area, just not all in one place like Disney.

Honestly, WDW is an awesome place, but it is one of the least relaxing places I’ve ever been. Escape from reality? Not while being overrun by throngs of tourists pushing, shoving, crying, screaming, and ramming strollers en route to a 90 minute que.

If you’ve ever experienced true wilderness, with no Highway sounds, no planes overhead, no people at all - THAT is what I call an escape.
I lived on a 1000 acre farm after we lived at the Contemporary when I was 10 years old till about 13. We live about 45 minutes from the blue ridge mountains and have taken hikes far away from civilization. It has it's perks, that I will agree with. As far as "Not while being overrun by throngs of tourists pushing, shoving, crying, screaming, and ramming strollers en route to a 90 minute que." I am a firm believer that you get what your looking for. Never have I had a problem with kids that cry because that's what kids do. No one has ever rammed their stroller into me or my family and the crowds never bother us. We focus on us, not other people. The only problem I have is with adults on scooters. Stop blowing your freakin horn at me! :)

I think most here would agree that Disneyland is far superior to Disneyworld. The original has the magic and would be Walt's favorite if he was still with us today. So that would make Disneyworld the 2nd best place.

I have to agree with other posters that say there are better places than Disneyworld. Yes, I love Disneyworld and am THRILLED beyond belief to be going back with our DD next year. But. There are other places I enjoy more than Disney. We love cruising in the Caribbean. We've cruised with Disney, Carnival and Royal. Our next cruise is planned for February 2019, on Royal's Oasis of the Seas. I can hardly wait! We hope to cruise with a few other lines in the future like Princess and Celebrity. We also love vacationing in the Smoky Mountains, renting a log cabin for a week is heavenly. The drives and hiking in the mountains are what we truly enjoy, the scenery, the peacefulness. Other than being with FAMILY at Disneyworld, give me a cruise or the Smokies and I'm happier. :)

I doubt I'll ever see Disneyland, we really have to desire to go to California.

For me it's the total immersion. When I'm at Disney World, the "real world" completely goes away, and my family just seems to bond in a more complete way than we do at home.

Honestly, WDW is an awesome place, but it is one of the least relaxing places I’ve ever been. Escape from reality? Not while being overrun by throngs of tourists pushing, shoving, crying, screaming, and ramming strollers en route to a 90 minute que. .
Yeah. I've been once, and that was this year. With that experience under our belts a second trip would be less stressful, but WDW is so much different that Disneyland. You can't use the same game plan. Disneyland has lines, but with the hotels, DL and CA and DTD all right there, you literally can be on a ride in DL, and 15 minutes later be on a ride in CA, and 15 minutes after that be in DTD, and back in your hotel room in 15 minutes. Actually, when we stayed at the Grand Californian, it took us 90 seconds to get from our room to the entrance of CA.

I asked my kids what their favorite vacations were, and Disney didn’t make the top 5. Kauai, adventure tour of the southwest of Ireland, camping near Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, camping in Maine, and Alaskan cruise came in ahead of Disney.

I have to agree with other posters that say there are better places than Disneyworld. Yes, I love Disneyworld and am THRILLED beyond belief to be going back with our DD next year. But. There are other places I enjoy more than Disney. We love cruising in the Caribbean. We've cruised with Disney, Carnival and Royal. Our next cruise is planned for February 2019, on Royal's Oasis of the Seas. I can hardly wait! We hope to cruise with a few other lines in the future like Princess and Celebrity. We also love vacationing in the Smoky Mountains, renting a log cabin for a week is heavenly. The drives and hiking in the mountains are what we truly enjoy, the scenery, the peacefulness. Other than being with FAMILY at Disneyworld, give me a cruise or the Smokies and I'm happier. :)

I doubt I'll ever see Disneyland, we really have to desire to go to California.

I am Disney everything lover, been there too many times to count. But like MIgrandma I love cruising. It is the most relaxing vacation we take every year. So our cruise on RCL Jewel of the Seas next April in a Grande Suite will out do anything Disney.

Lots of good post on this thread! I love to see other opinions, that was the purpose of this post. Disney World has a lot of deep meanings for me. Click Here to see why. But my original post obviously does not apply to everyone. I do love a good cruise! But you still cannot do all and see all the things on a cruise that you can do and see at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter