Disneyland Baby!! live trip report

Donald Ducks wife

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, first of all its strange being on here on the ipad, mmmmm not sure if I like it or not, anyways....

The Cast

Jonah, my awesome 4 year old

Me, his mommy :)

Where?
Hotel New York, Monday 31st to. Friday 4th of April

We are currently in the holiday inn express at Glasgow airport, as our flight is at silly o clock in the morning, and I didn't fancy getting up super early for a 2 hour drive for the airport, but as its turned out, I'm now awake at 2.30am all excited ready to go, mmmmmm

The clock is set for 5am so might get back for a nap soon. Got a good deal on the price of the room by booking a couple of month back, only £52 thought that was ok for an airport hotel until we checked in and the walk in rate for a room tonight is £170!!!! So I got a total bargain I think :)

For the past week I've been Ill, I lost my voice on Friday morning, and today was the day I could talk a bit better, but I'm still sore, so I'm armed with a wee bag full of meds

So Day 1

Jonah woke up early today as Grandma was staying over last night as she's staying to look after the cat and house,so he got up early to see his grandma :) Got ready and went to church with the family. Got home about 12.30 counting down till 2.30 till my partner Andy would be over. He borrowed his mums car, as our car is too small for our luggage. Poor fella never got to sit down I was right at the front door passing out the luggage :) we left Dundee just before 3pm and were on our way, of course stopping off at McDonald's half way :) got to the hotel just after 5pm, check in was fine, turns out we can get breakfast from 4am woohoo, save some money at the airport then :) free wi-if (hense why I'm typing this at 3am )
We didn't stick about we were off out for tea, we decided to eat at somewhere where we don't have at home, so went to TonyRomas?? Oh my goodness, the pulled pork was amazing!!!! OH had some type of chicken burger thing, I wasn't paying too much attention as I was enjoying the yummy pork :) Jonah wanted fries, but when they came he decided he didn't want them and he would help Daddy eat his burger instead :) with a starter and drinks, the bill came to £40, which is ok for a nice meal for the 3 of us on Mother's Day.

Then outside the restaurant there was a wee massage station, so I treated myself to a 15 minute neck massage for £10 :) I felt good, but I have had better ;)

Then at this point it was nearly 8pm, so short ride in the car back to the hotel, requesting more pillows at front desk on the way in, we were back, time to shower one excited little boy, Jonah loves planes, and the front of our hotel is basically 200 yards from the airport terminal, and we had the best room of all, looking out our window you could see the runway!! Totally awesome for my plane-mad boy. Sadly we only seen 1 plane take off tonight, but his eyes, oh those eyes of Jonah, you can tell its his passion, bless him.

So once everyone had taken showers, it was time for bed, at 9.25pm I had a jumpy excited 4 year old, by 9.30pm, he was crashed out cold ;) Me on the other hand, I'm now awake at 3am, too excited too sleep, cause as I know, we will we walking down Main Street in less than 12 hours time!!!!!

So I may have missed out lots of things or rambled on, but I'm still tired, so might go back for a wee nap. If the wi-if at hotel New York plays ok, I will be back soon to update all about our first day at DLP :)

Joining for live TR. We're in airport now. Excited!

Cannot wait for tomorrow's update!! Hope you enjoy your fancy brekkie too!! Looking forward to the next installment!
Big hugs,
Kiz
xx

Just catching up with this - hope you've had a good time. Did you get my PM ok about what to do near the airport? I think I sent it to myself and then re-sent it :lmao:

so my live trip report didn't go to plan..... I was ill all week at Disney, so once we got back to the hotel at night, it was straight to bed. I couldn't talk at all, I had lost my voice, and the day we left was the day my voice came back hmmmmm. Anyways still pretty tired, but deff gonna post pictures and a TR tomorrow. We got some mega pixie dust all thanks to Kizzy, but will share more of that tomorrow, have to sort through 400+ photos and videos on my memory card first :)

No thanks necessary lady :goodvibes
Sooooo excited for these pics! And video! Love it! :dance3:

So sorry to hear you were sick! :( Hope it didn't spoil your holiday too much.

Can't wait to read your TR and see some of your photos! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter