Disneyland Divas: Working out, getting healthy and thin in 2010!!

Maybe Taco Bell & JIthe B is better for you than cooking......:cool1: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

I'm off to walk the twins to school. I stepped on the scale this morning and it's worse than I thought!!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
It's nuts how that weight can creep back on FAST!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Marcie, new boyfriends always cause weight gain once you get comfortable with them. At first you are all nervous and don't eat much. When Ruben and I first started dating, I didn't eat in front of him for 3 months!!! No dinner plans or nothing. Then once we got comfy with each other, we'd eat all the time! :eek:

:rotfl:

his is SO true!

When Jesus (DBF) and I started dating, I was too scared to eat in front of him. For a couple months. Even during lunch at school. And I’m an eater, who knows what I was afraid of. Then we went through a phase where we baked for each other, like every week. Cookies, cakes, brownies. Now, we just both love to eat and we don’t care!

He’s been dieting for awhile. Cutting out some carbs and he goes for runs in the mornings. He’s much more motivated than I am.

Today I brought left over dinner for lunch. Roasted sweet potatoes, cucumber salad, frozen grapes, deviled eggs and some chicken. I ate a piece of toast with apricot preserves on it for breakfast and I’m drinking lots and lots of water. I have a liter and a half bottle and I want to drink the whole thing plus half before I go home from work. That will be about 8 8 ounce cups.

Here are a few of my helpful tips from the last 7 months...

1) Gum...if I am snacky I can pop a stick of gum for 5 calories and it really helps me not reach into the cupboard.

2) Healthy Choice fudge bars and WW Latte bars. These are between 50 and 100 calories each, are large and are really tasty! Great if I feel the need for a cool treat!

3) Drink all my water for the day before allowing other drinks. I tend to stay on plan better if I drink all my water first.

4) The WW Comfort Classics cookbook! This has some great recipes...it is the first cookbook I actually use on a regular basis and LOVE just about everything I make.

5) Planning healthy meals out ahead of time with dh. That way we are both eating healthy, we are doing something together.

I am doing well so far today. Am on my 3rd bottle of water. Had a chewy granola bar and a cheese stick so far today and am currently chewing gum as I was tempted to eat my sandwich I brought for lunch even though it is only 10am! I am not particularly hungry...just wanted to eat. I have my workout bag packed and in my car so will be going to the gym after work.

Have a great day all!

Sarah

Afternoon ladies. I did my first workout of the new year. It wasn't TOO bad although I kind of have a headache now. I think it is a combo of cutting back on my eating and the fact that I am sore from working out. I got on the scale and was surprised that with ALL the bad eating I have been doing, esp 2 different birthday cakes, that I was actually DOWN from what I was the last time I weighed myself a few days ago. I was only 163.4 instead of 166 like I thought I was. So that was encouraging. I wasn't as bad off as I thought I was!! :)

So far today I have had a non-fat hot chocolate. Sure not the best thing I know but on work days I get really busy and it is harder to have a good breakfast. I plan to have a good lunch though when mom and I go HOPEFULLY soon cuz I am starving. That is the hard part getting used to eating less! We are having spaghetti for dinner which is not the best but I have learned tricks to making most everything healthier. I buy whole wheat pasta and hamburger with no more than 7% max fat so VERY lean and then use whole tomatoes etc. So try to make it as healthy as possible and then I eat pretty small portions and of course NO bread!

I plan to have a salad or bowl of soup for lunch or maybe some fish! LOVE fish, sorry Beth! :)

Good luck everyone!

Well, I did very well this morning! A WW english muffin and sugar free jam and yogurt for breakfast then I went to the gym for a low impact workout.
For lunch I had WW whole wheat bread and a egg white/yellow pepper scramble.
Now my Dh tells me he got a babysitter and we can go out for dinner and a movie. It's so hard to think about watching the movie without all that popcorn dripping in butter or saying no dessert at my favorite restaurant.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hey Capri, you on board with the no soda pledge?? ;)

laughing5.gif
smiley1gif.gif
laughing-smiley-007.gif

OMG, that's the funniest thing I've read in a looooong time! Oh man.....whew.....my sides hurt! That was a workout in itself.

Maybe Taco Bell & JIthe B is better for you than cooking......:cool1: :rotfl2:

Well I think it's not so much what i am eating or had eaten it's how often i'm eating now. Gary seems to think he has to eat every 2 hours. We eat a big dinner then when we close the shop, he's in my kitchen cooking steaks. :lmao: 2 in the morning steaks are not good for the bod. Oh neither is cheesecake, donuts, candy, etc. etc.

When Jesus (DBF) and I started dating, I was too scared to eat in front of him. For a couple months. Even during lunch at school.
I'm so glad it wasn't just me!! lol

1) Gum...if I am snacky I can pop a stick of gum for 5 calories and it really helps me not reach into the cupboard.
Love the gum tip. I use that too, especially when I am in the kitchen preparing snacks or whatnot for the kids. Keeps me from munching on their food.

I was only 163.4 instead of 166 like I thought I was. So that was encouraging. I wasn't as bad off as I thought I was!!
:thumbsup2

Now my Dh tells me he got a babysitter and we can go out for dinner and a movie. It's so hard to think about watching the movie without all that popcorn dripping in butter or saying no dessert at my favorite restaurant.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
You can do it!! You've had a good start to the day, keep at it. Bring some low cal popcorn in with you. And get a diet soda. Maybe split the dessert if you can't resist.

OMG, that's the funniest thing I've read in a looooong time! Oh man.....whew.....my sides hurt! That was a workout in itself.
Glad I could help. :thumbsup2

Well I think it's not so much what i am eating or had eaten it's how often i'm eating now. Gary seems to think he has to eat every 2 hours. We eat a big dinner then when we close the shop, he's in my kitchen cooking steaks. :lmao: 2 in the morning steaks are not good for the bod. Oh neither is cheesecake, donuts, candy, etc. etc.
Yes, eating late isn't good. I am guilty of that too sometimes.

Good to know! I try to eat every couple hours but it is usually something like a cheesestick or an apple!

Sarah

So far today, so good!! Lunch seemd woefully small after the huge portions I've been eating, but it will have to do.

I felt that way about my sandwich today and I am used to the smaller portions! Maybe it's just that kind of day!

SArah

You are an inspiration, Sarah! :worship: Thank you for sharing all your info, you're doing an amazing job. :thumbsup2

Seester, why did you have to mention Taco Bell? Now my tummy wants a taco.

Just realized I haven't had lunch yet, I should probably go do that.

Keep up the good work everyone! :goodvibes

If you do have a craving for there, get it fresco style. Not exactly a diet food, but better than the regular.

Ewww, what's the point then? ;)

Don't worry, I'm to lazy... I mean busy... to go to Taco Bell.

Of course after doing so well with my eating yesterday I had to get on the scale this morning, and I GAINED a pound. Phooey. I know it's to be expected, just my body adjusting, but didn't give me that "keep it up" feeling I wanted.

It's pouring rain here today, so no walk for me and Dan. But I did do a 30 minute workout on the Bowflex (with a lot of help and "can I try?" from the kids). As far as eating goes, I've had a 2 egg omlette for breakfast, a banana as a snack, and a taco salad (just lettuce, turkey taco meat, avocado and salsa) for lunch. It's 4 pm and I am already so hungry for dinner. Thinking I will make chicken breast with green beans and cabbage stir fried in some soy sauce.

Hope everyone else is doing great today and drinking their water!

Hmmm. Taco Bell... That sounds good.

Callie, we're making stir fry mushrooms and cabbage with soy sauce and turkey burgers for dinner.

I didn't finish my ginormous bottle of water today. I finished like half of what I wanted. I'm still drinking water now, but I will try again tomorrow with my big bottle.

Something else I'm trying is to cut out foods with HFCS or CS in it. Right now I'm shooting for "don't eat if it's in the top 5 ingredients". Just trying to eat healthier. Today I messed up and ate apricot preserves and HFCS was the second ingredient. I didn't read the label.

I eat taco bell quite often. If I have a lot of points for dinner I get a chicken grilled stuft borrito no cheese and if I don't I get a couple of fresco beef soft tacos. It helps satisfy that craving.

I went to the gym tonight but wasn't feeling it. I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and about 20 minutes of strength training but I feel good that I went and at least did something!

DH is making greek turkey burgers for dinner tonight - yum! They have feta cheese, and fresh spinach on them and we use sandwich thins and they are delicious.

Sarah

OMG - O-M-G!!! The scale was really ugly this morning! I had not weighed in months and wow! I have gained 35lbs. since I met Bob...geez! He's probably wondering what he's gotten himself into! My goal is to weigh what's on my drivers license again! (When I got my newest license I could actually tell the truth and feel good about it!)

I did ok today. I had oatmeal for breakfast and then we had left over Panda Express in the fridge that was just calling my name so I ate it for lunch...3 pieces of Orange Chicken and half a serving of fried rice, then for a snack I had grapes and an apple. I put it all in the WW tracking website which is what I really need.

I didn't get any exercise in today. Work was just crazy which I know is not an excuse and now I am honestly just too lazy to go out and walk. But for tomorrow I just marked out an hour for lunch in my Outlook and I am going to go walk!! Keep me to it, y'all!

I did pretty good today, Cheerios for breakfast along with coffee and some creamer and milk. Then did 20 minutes on the elliptical and about 20 minutes on the Soloflex. Drank 4 or 5 20 oz. glasses of water. Had 10 almonds for a snack. Bowl of Progresso soup, light chicken noodle with some extra chicken from last night's dinner, with a few crackers. Cottage cheese and a few crackers. Since that's so much better than I've been doing, I rewarded myself with 1 Pepperidge Farms Milano cookie... YUM!! I'm going to do the Wii Fit tomorrow, for a change, but not looking forward to hearing the board say OOHHHHH when I step on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter