disneyland hotel suites

kwilliams

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge on the suites at the disneyland hotel. We are considering booking a few 3 bedroom suites. We are traveling with a larger group and want to have rooms close to each other. I wanted to know how roomy they are, do they have any special features that you don't get with a standard room?

Also, we are planning the trip for nov. 5-11th 2006. We are hoping to avoid most of the crowds but still see the holiday decorations. will we have any luck with this during these dates?

thank you

Hi Kwilliams,
We have stayed in a two bedroom suite the last two years at the Disneyland
Hotel. Both times we have been in the Bonita Tower and this is what the
rooms are like:
First room is the living room, this room has a sofa that makes into a
queen bed. there are two big over stuffed chairs on either side of the sofa,
a desk and chair, armoire that holds the TV, and a big wetbar area with a
coffee pot and small refrigertator and four bar stools, just behind the wetbar
is a half bath and a closet. Off of the livingroom is a bedroom, it had a king
size bed and a full bath, walk out balcony, the view was spectacular,
downtown Disney and both parks. The second bedroom is attached by a
big enterway. This room is a deluxe room, by closing one of the doors
in the enterway, you would have a one bedroon suite, open this door and
now it is two bedrooms. This room has two queen size beds and a small sofa
that makes into a full bed, an armoire with TV, and a full bath, walk out
balcony (Great view) and a small refrigertator. I would say this suite could
easily hold 8/9 people and you would not feel cramped for space.
Hope this helps you please ask if you have any more question.
JC

That helps alot, thank you. One more question. Do both of the bedrooms have doors that close and lock? Basically since we are having 3 small families sharing the 3 bedroom suite i want to ensure that we could all have our privacy in the evening or for naptime.

kwilliams,
Yes all the rooms have doors that close off the room and they lock. When we
wanted to keep the second bedrooms doors open, room service gave us a
door stop that made it easy to keep the door open so we could go from room
to room. We used the door stop at night, when the adults wanted to watch
the t.v. in the livingroom and the grandchild was asleep in the second
bedroom, it was quite and dark in his room, but we could keep and ear open
for any problems. The only information I know about a three bedroom suite is
the third bedroom would be a connecting room to bedroom two. I hope this
makes sense to you.
JC

If you go to the official Disney web site, and go into Disneyland Meetings
It will take to to a site that will give you floor plans of all Disney's suites.
I can not post the website address, I just have not had enough time or
post on this board.
JC

thank you! I found that disney site with the floorplans. It had 2 or 3 examples for a 2 room which helped give me an idea. We are going to do the suites it sounds well worth it for the living area to congregate and also so all the little ones arn't running up and down the hallway to see there cousins:). I am sure the other guests will appreciate that! Thanks again.

Were you able to locate the 2 bedroom suite in the Bonita Tower that Disneyanajc was referring to or something similar? I am curious because a family trip is being planned for Summer 2006 and the suite description sounded ideal for our large group of children, teenagers, adults and seniors.

We actually have booked 2- 3 bedroom suites at the disneyland hotel. From what i can gather they have the suites scattered thru all 3 towers. I havn't requested a specific tower mainly because we have never stayed at the DLH and i have heard good and bad about all towers so i figured we will just see what we get:). I don't know how many is in your group, but we opted for the 3 bedroom suite instead of the 2 bedroom suite due to the fact it was cheaper in the long run. Basically the 3 bedroom suite wasn't a whole lot more price wise, but we were able to split it 3 ways (one family per room) instead of just in half. There is 24 in our group, and due to the maximum occupancy rules that worked out best for us.

Just let me know if you have any questions. I am not an expert, i havn't even stayed at this hotel yet, but i have been doing ALOT of research on it.

I found some old notes, so just to give you an idea......Now keep in mind, we booked a package with AAA so these rates include 6 day park hopper tickets and the hotel for 6 nights. Also the ages effect things also, for example one family of four has two children under 8, another family of four has 2 teenagers, so the family with teenagers is more expensive. So, this is just to give you an idea of the price difference. Also keep in mind the 2 bedroom suites have a max. occupancy of 8 people, and the 3 room suites have a max. of 10 people.

For a 2 room suite it would have cost 1 family $2078, for a 3 bedroom suite that same family is paying $1749. These prices were 2 families sharing and splitting a 2 room suite, or, 3 families sharring and splitting a 3 room suite. We have 7 families going! Again, those prices included a 6 night hotel stay, and a 6 day park hopper ticket per person.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an intimate wedding reception in one of the disneyland hotel suites? I can not afford something hugely elaborate but would love it to be something having to do with disney. Has anyone ever done this or know of someone that has.

I am sure that DLH is very used to setting up "hospitality suites". Most big hotels even have a special page in the room service menu so that you can arrange it on the fly.
I bet a single phone call would put you in touch with the right person.

kwilliams said:
Hi!
Also, we are planning the trip for nov. 5-11th 2006. We are hoping to avoid most of the crowds but still see the holiday decorations. will we have any luck with this during these dates?

thank you

While that would typically be a good time for low crowds, its probably not the case this year. The 50th started on May 5th. It was to run 18 months- which would put it ending on Nov 5th. I'm guessing you are going to have huge crowds of people trying to catch the end of the 50th and begining of the holidays. I've heard rumors that Disney is telling people the 50th will end in Oct- but I willing to bet a buck it doesnt. They are going to get as much out of it as they can. Not to mention why would they take down the 50th, then wait a month to go into the holidays?

Has anyone used their disney vaction club points to book a 2 bedroom suite ?
I am going during Easter(I know were crazy :lmao: :teeth: ) and i have booked a room for 5 people on points, (couldnt pass up the lowered points for DLH)
and i had asked about the suites, I was told no but i thought i read that members did get to book suites using their points. :confused3

We are leaving tomorrow to stay in a 2BR suite at Grand Californian... on our points. So yes, it can be done. Member Services just has to make a special call to check on availability; they can't do it via computer as they can with regular rooms.

Karen

hlbtimes2 said:
While that would typically be a good time for low crowds, its probably not the case this year. The 50th started on May 5th. It was to run 18 months- which would put it ending on Nov 5th. I'm guessing you are going to have huge crowds of people trying to catch the end of the 50th and begining of the holidays. I've heard rumors that Disney is telling people the 50th will end in Oct- but I willing to bet a buck it doesnt. They are going to get as much out of it as they can. Not to mention why would they take down the 50th, then wait a month to go into the holidays?

It will be interesting to see! Just this last week I called WDTC and asked when the 50th ended and was told the first week of November. I also e-mailed WDTC and the response was thru September. :confused3 At this point the suites are booked thru AAA, and all 20+ people have time off requested so we will just have to be suprised :) I figure we will win either way, we will have low crowds like we wanted or we get a once in lifetime experience with the 50th. With all the perks of AAA and staying onsite for a week we can cope with the possibility of ALL the people :grouphug: Out of curiosity I should call a third time, I wonder what the response will be :rolleyes1

kwilliams said:
Just this last week I called WDTC and asked when the 50th ended and was told the first week of November. I also e-mailed WDTC and the response was thru September. :confused3
I read somewhere on here that the 50th will end at the end of Sept and my trip is booked for Nov. I was SHOCKED so I called Disney (714) 781-7920 (i think) and they confirmed that it would end at the end of sept. I would LOVE for them to keep it thru til the end of the year (even though we went sept 2005 and enjoyed the 50th, we'd love to catch it again). I will keep checking and keep my fingers crossed. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter