• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland hotel transient occupancy tax-Gift Card ?

My assumption would be yes, but you probably should confirm the issue through MS. A transient occupancy tax is something that applies to all guests staying at any Disneyland Hotel (regular non-DVC guests are just charged based on a percentage of the rental cost for the room, rather than based on a charge per point). For regular guests, the hotel accepts Disney gift cards for payments of amounts during your stay including the taxes, so I assume the same rule will apply to DVC stays, although one should likely get the gift added to your account before you check out because when you wake up on check-out day, they may have already billed everything to your credit card.

My assumption would be yes, but you probably should confirm the issue through MS. A transient occupancy tax is something that applies to all guests staying at any Disneyland Hotel (regular non-DVC guests are just charged based on a percentage of the rental cost for the room, rather than based on a charge per point). For regular guests, the hotel accepts Disney gift cards for payments of amounts during your stay including the taxes, so I assume the same rule will apply to DVC stays, although one should likely get the gift added to your account before you check out because when you wake up on check-out day, they may have already billed everything to your credit card.
TAT usually gets run upon check-IN, not check-OUT. OP should apply the GC immediately.

TAT usually gets run upon check-IN, not check-OUT. OP should apply the GC immediately.

We were there for 2 nights in January. I went the first night to pay the TOT and it hadn't even posted yet. So, they calculated it and took the payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter