Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I know this is so back burner right now but considering today was the Avengers Campus opening date pre-pandemic I keep wondering how long after reopening that they will open it... or at least announce it! That was a big priority for us so I hope they announce that news right when the ball gets rolling again. Even if it’s 2021- help us plan right?
Well, we know they are working on it now because we have recent photos of the construction going on. So that, at least, is good news which can lead us to hope that the opening won't be too super delayed.

I saw some bloggers mentioning this loophole with masks. I have a feeling DL may do something similar if they have to.

Update to the mask rules (7/18/20):
@ScottGustin
Jul 18, 2020
Confirmed this policy clarification with Disney. As reported, the policy says guests may remove their face covering while actively eating and/or drinking but guests should be *stationary* and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

It’s safe to assume this policy clarification is a result of guest behavior at EPCOT during the F&W Festival. This is a small change and absolutely the right call. It also eliminates a perceived “loophole” that was being exploited by some guests. Good move all around.
WDW has now added the update to their website:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...rinking-should-be-stationary-to-remove-masks/

Unfortunately different crowd here at DLR, right? unless they limit the APs to something, we're going to hit capacities easily IMHO
Not necessarily. Disneyland Paris is also a park with a huge AP/Local fanbase, and for the APs for the remainder of July, only 4 days are sold out. For the months after nothing is sold out yet.
Also this weekend was sold out, but when you look at the reports on Social Media, 5-20 minutes waits, even on Saturday at noon. So at the moment, what is considered 'max capacity' means the park is as quiet as a mouse.
Someone posted on the DLP board that for pictures with characters CMs were encouraging people to come over and take their pictures.

I saw a number of guests on Friday that weren't wearing masks as they ate and they were all reasonably isolated. As an aside, I saw four or five that were only wearing face shields (as opposed to masks)
Can you ask about the face shields the next time you're at DTD? I'll try to ask when we visit. Then we can compare answers.

Can you ask about the face shields the next time you're at DTD?
Sure will. One thing a CM told me recently was that they’ll allow gaiters, bandanas and the like for a short time - until guests become educated about what’s allowed and what isn’t.

Last edited:
Surely readers here are capable of balancing a single sliver of hope against endless waves of bad news. Most of us are aware of how dire a situation the pandemic is.
Reminds me of this:
(HT: Pinterest/Google)
There is a big difference between choosing to remain carefully hopeful vs. delusional, blind optimism. I'm fairly certain that most of us participating in this thread know that. ;)

Reminds me of this:
(HT: Pinterest/Google)
View attachment 511695
There is a big difference between choosing to remain carefully hopeful vs. delusional, blind optimism. I'm fairly certain that most of us participating in this thread know that. ;)

Totally agree. BTW love the message with Robin Hood. One of the most underrated Disney movies IMO

Sure will. One thing a CM told me recently was that they’ll allow gators, bandanas and the like for a short time - until guests become educated about what’s allowed and what isn’t.

FYI, Rob, I've seen you mention "gators" a couple times. I believe you're looking for "gaiters". If someone had a pet alligator, then it would be possible to have a gator on! (I don't know what Disney's policy on pet gators would be!) Just wanted you to know! :)

I have friends who went to DTD the other day and only wore shields. I asked if they needed masks too and they said no. I don't know the official policy, but they were allowed to only wear shields, which surprised me.

Surely readers here are capable of balancing a single sliver of hope against endless waves of bad news. Most of us are aware of how dire a situation the pandemic is.

I wouldn't say that most aren't good at balancing. I will say that I have seen many people get excited about being able to book a trip after a certain date only to be disappointed when the trip is cancelled.

We all get disappointed at times. But as I often say to friends, it's better to try and fail than to fail to try.
To me trying and failing (in this sense) is when I tried to spend a day at the coast and failing because it was too crowded for my comfort level. Disney allowing reservations or CM's saying it could be any day now is being given false hope. Just my opinion.

At this point, until OC is off the watch list; no way DLR is going to reopen. Once OC gets off watchlist for 14 days, then Disney MAY announce a 14 day countdown. The sticking point for OC, like San Diego, is then marker: < 100 cases per 100,000 population in trailing 14 days. In San Diego, our daily positivity rate has stabilized but needs to get down a little to get us under 100 per 100k. OC has a ways to go still.

We have VGC starting 8/30. So OC has their work cut out for them this week!!!! Of course, the infection actually happened probably last week already for these next two weeks trailing, so hope they started behaving last week ;)

Ha! No, I meant gators. They’re face masks made from alligators ;-).

Tee hee! I'm picturing a mask made out of one of those tacky dried gator heads you can buy as souvenirs in Florida. If I saw someone wearing one of those I'd 'social distance' for sure because they would be NUTZ!!!!!

Makes me wish I was good at photoshop!

Posted this in the WDW AP thread but thought since I’m in SoCal I might get responses here.

For Premier passholders just curious what others are doing. The email that was sent noted “A further extension due to theme park closures at the Disneyland® Resort will be applied to your pass 6–8 weeks after Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks reopen.”
Does anybody think the pass will be extended again for BOTH parks once Disneyland opens (if it opens up in 3 months, we get 117 days plus the 30 days added, plus another 3 months and another possible 30 days)? I’m asking because the WDW app shows the extended date but not the DL app, although I know it’s not open yet and it’s pure speculation. Just getting a feel of what others are thinking and doing. It will get interesting if Disneyland opens next year how they will handle the extension

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter