• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I think the surfs up pool is one of the prettiest on property, and pretty big for a value resort. my only complaint is there are only a couple tables with umbrellas. there are more at the home run pool. funny we moved our reservations from French Quarter to sports to save money this trip. and that is also our complaint about the POFQ pool. lack of umbrella tables. at least at sports you have the 2nd pool with them (FQ really needs a second pool!)

I think the surfs up pool is one of the prettiest on property, and pretty big for a value resort.
Another Surfboard Bay fan here!:)

That area is so gorgeous.

My very first visit to WDW was in Building 6 overlooking SB and I always request one of those rooms!:)

35551065193_0501674820_h.jpg

GREAT picture WEDWDW!! I just set that as my desktop picture to look forward to our sept. trip.. thanks!

Sorry didn't get a chance to post sooner, but we didn't get the offer for no housekeeping, but the way it looks around the resort you would think that the housekeeping staff (and fellow resort stayers) think that. I stayed here in December and couldn't wait to come back, but after this trip it will take a lot for me to come back. I have had to go to the front desk 3 times to have my magic band set to be able to get into our room, had to have them fix one of our refillable mugs right after we purchased it and garbage everywhere (not joking! Boxes thrown out of rooms, pool towels in hallways and stair cases). All of this after we had to stand in line for over a half and hour to check in (at 11:30 at night) because we never got a text or even on my MDE and the lady acted like I was crazy. I know this stuff can happen at any level but the not caring attitude is what has bothered me.

Sorry didn't get a chance to post sooner, but we didn't get the offer for no housekeeping, but the way it looks around the resort you would think that the housekeeping staff (and fellow resort stayers) think that. I stayed here in December and couldn't wait to come back, but after this trip it will take a lot for me to come back. I have had to go to the front desk 3 times to have my magic band set to be able to get into our room, had to have them fix one of our refillable mugs right after we purchased it and garbage everywhere (not joking! Boxes thrown out of rooms, pool towels in hallways and stair cases). All of this after we had to stand in line for over a half and hour to check in (at 11:30 at night) because we never got a text or even on my MDE and the lady acted like I was crazy. I know this stuff can happen at any level but the not caring attitude is what has bothered me.
As far as I know the pilot was at All-Star Movies and then POP I want to say after it ended at All-Star Movies. So if you were staying at All-Star Sports you wouldn't have gotten the offer..as far as I know.

The pilot ended like mid-July I want to say at All-Star Movies. Then it hopped over to POP and I think it's still going on at POP but reduced to $15 a night.

When you did online checkin did you have both e-mail and text selected? When you say not even on MDE do you mean via the app on your phone or via the website on a webbrowser? They did an update on July 27th to the app directly related to Online Checkin-it's where you could do it directly on your phone-so I was wondering if that could have impacted getting something if you were looking in the app itself.

*Totally would sour it if the person, whereever I'm staying at, had a "don't care" demeanor.

We weren't expecting the no housekeeping. Someone asked if it was happening so I reported back that it wasn't.

On both web browser and in the app where it says room number. It kept saying check back for room assignment, which I was completely fine with. I have always gotten my room texted or emailed to me before, but this was first trip that I used my AP discount so I thought maybe they wanted to see that so when I checked in and had that ready she rudely told me she didn't need to see that and I should have just gone to my room. I would of loved to have done that except I didn't have a room number! It didn't help that neither of our bands would open the room and we had to go back to the front desk again. I am usually one that doesn't complain but seriously! One positive is that transportation has been awesome and if you park Hop I would definitely choose to use the express transportation! That has been amazing!

And I forgot, they had delivered our garden grocer order to our room before we even checked in. I didn't mind that, but I was always under the impression that you had to be in the room and asked to have it delivered. Something new that they are doing or someone's screw up? Who knows

anyone know how many umbrellas tables there are at either pool? I know there aren't many :(

And I forgot, they had delivered our garden grocer order to our room before we even checked in. I didn't mind that, but I was always under the impression that you had to be in the room and asked to have it delivered. Something new that they are doing or someone's screw up? Who knows

I'm kind of hoping my GG order is delivered to my room when i get there. I usually have to arrange for them to deliver when I'm there.

Not sure that is a good idea ... what if you arrived and want a different room, or there is a problem with your room or it's the wrong room ... or worse, what if some of your food needed fridge and you were at parks all day while it say it your room.

We once arrived to our CSR room and found it full of big suitcases, about 8 of them. Guess the owners were at the parks and they had been delivered direct from ME/Bell Services. We were perfectly happy with our room and didn't look like the other folks had ever been in the room, so we called to have the suitcases removed.

anyone know how many umbrellas tables there are at either pool? I know there aren't many :(

If you google images looks like .... about ....

Secondary Pool about 8 plus a few umbrellas over lounges.

Surf Pool ... looks like a few by kiddie pool. Then a few by main pool, but not many, maybe 4-5. Then some on lounges. My thinking is the outdoor tables by food court are right there.

Not sure that is a good idea ... what if you arrived and want a different room, or there is a problem with your room or it's the wrong room ... or worse, what if some of your food needed fridge and you were at parks all day while it say it your room.

We once arrived to our CSR room and found it full of big suitcases, about 8 of them. Guess the owners were at the parks and they had been delivered direct from ME/Bell Services. We were perfectly happy with our room and didn't look like the other folks had ever been in the room, so we called to have the suitcases removed.

And actually we did have a problem with our room....we couldn't get in! Our light was on, curtains opened and garden grocer stuff on the table. Luckily our cold stuff was in the fridge.

The one thing that I do have to say positive about our time at here was after our 3rd time having to go to the front desk to have them let us in our room (said we could call from the phone by the elevator in our building but we all know we don't get to talk to the front desk)one of the managers was able to move us to Coronado for the rest of our stay. Just one too many times that we had to go and deal with our room. It wasn't just my band it was also my husbands.

anyone going sept 12 - 21?

We'll be leaving on the 12th!

I think I read down further, but they will put cold stuff in the fridge? I hope so, I need to get some milk.

We will be there from the 5th to the 16th. Hi neighbors.

Kate

September 6 - 12 here!

Breakfast questions:
I know there's breakfast food in the food court and it looks it will run around $8 for a sandwich and hash browns. Is the McDs nearby around that same cost too? I know they raise prices when on wdw property.

My DH tends to just like pb&j on wheat toast. I think I read that there are toasters available to use. Do they sell bread by the slice? How about pb and/or jelly? Prices? Thanks!

If you google images looks like .... about ....

Secondary Pool about 8 plus a few umbrellas over lounges.

Surf Pool ... looks like a few by kiddie pool. Then a few by main pool, but not many, maybe 4-5. Then some on lounges. My thinking is the outdoor tables by food court are right there.

Thanks! we have gotten used to sitting by the pool(not outside the food court) at a table with our newspaper, crosswords, etc. we like to lie in the loungers for a bit in the sun, then get some shade at the table. (that's also our biggest complaint about the french quarter pool. lack of tables.)
if you choose a lounger under an umbrella you never get any sun. we also like to sit at a pool table in the early evening with a cocktail and a game of yahtzee. (we folks in our 60's sure know how to rock an evening! lol)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter