Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The dimensions are approximately 15" x 15" x 3"

The first picture shows my wallet, my husband's wallet, keys, and a standard Disney mug in the safe. The other picture is my 15" laptop in the safe. It took a little maneuvering to get the laptop in and it did take up most of the space but we could still fit our wallets, keys, and any jewelry I wasn't wearing that day in there with the laptop.

View attachment 156695 View attachment 156696 ]

You are more brave than I am -- I saw how thick that door was and didn't want to chance the laptop!

Tom

You are more brave than I am -- I saw how thick that door was and didn't want to chance the laptop!

Tom

I measured everything so I knew exactly how much interior space the door would take up. Because the interior dimensions of the safe are bigger than the actual opening, once I managed to maneuver the laptop through the opening, there was sufficient space depth wise. That laptop has now been downgraded to "the spare" and I have a nice tiny Lenovo Yoga that I use all the time, so it will fit in the safe with no problem on our upcoming trip. :)

Right now we have a reservation for a Cars suite, but now I'm thinking Nemo. It's just so much more colorful! I've never changed something after it's been booked. I'm sure it's pretty easy. Do I just call reservations and tell them I want to switch locations?

Right now we have a reservation for a Cars suite, but now I'm thinking Nemo. It's just so much more colorful! I've never changed something after it's been booked. I'm sure it's pretty easy. Do I just call reservations and tell them I want to switch locations?

Yup, as long as there is availabilty. Your cost will most likely go up as the Nemo Suites are considered a Preferred location so they are $10 more per night.

I appreciate all the responses to the questions about the safe, my next questions is in regards to the small refrigerator provided. Does it have a small freezer to it or is it just a cooler. Thanks to all for their help.

I appreciate all the responses to the questions about the safe, my next questions is in regards to the small refrigerator provided. Does it have a small freezer to it or is it just a cooler. Thanks to all for their help.

It has a small freezer at the top of it. This isn't the greatest picture of it, but you can see the door of the freezer compartment at the top of the picture.

upload_2016-3-17_12-20-36.png

Last edited:

Will I be able to get a half gallon of milk somewhere at AoA? I can't remember if those are available at the values?

I saw that they're in the process of installing the bus schedule/update boards at the bus stops at Pop Century. Is anyone at AoA now that can tell us if they're doing the same thing at AoA? I know they will eventually be installed at all resorts, I'm just anxious about AoA getting them since that's where we're staying on our upcoming trip. Not that I haven't survived our trips without them over the last 15 years.... :D

I just called to see if we could switch from Cars to Nemo and they said there wasn't any availability but to keep checking back. Fingers crossed!

Has Landscape of Flavors menu been simplified?

I've been looking forward to some of the ethnic cuisine at LoF, but the menu on MDE doesn't show much beyond a single tandoori dish at dinner. I seem to remember reading about many more "adventuresome" options.

Am I wrong, did the menu get simplified, or is the online menu incomplete?

I'll make it grow on me!

Adopting the teens is the most difficult thing I have ever done. They are unappreciative, and often downright rude. I am learning to live with it as it's also the most important thing I have ever done - as the kids aging out of an orphanage with no family, education, or prospects is unacceptable.
Another congratulations to you for doing this. I have taught special ed for 13 years, and I have had students with emotional disturbance in my class for the majority of those years. If you have adopted them from the foster care system, I gather they have suffered more trauma than a person should ever endure. And with that trauma and neglect comes a variety of attitudes and behaviors that are, at best, no fun.

I have my students for 8 hours a day, and I get nights, weekends, and holidays off. As a parent, you are never truly off duty. I commend you for this selfless act.
May God abundantly bless you, and may your daughters heal and grown to love and appreciate you.

Are there any activities at AoA that might be of interest to teens? Swimming, and eating of course...

If not, then we will head to POR (our favorite) for Yehaa Bob, a carriage ride, and the boat ride to DS.

If you have adopted them from the foster care system, I gather they have suffered more trauma than a person should ever endure. And with that trauma and neglect comes a variety of attitudes and behaviors that are, at best, no fun.

They were in an orphanage in Bogota, Colombia. Plenty of trauma in their past, plus a lot of change coming here. We are doing our best for them... and hope that a Disney visit with their two delightful friends (and us "evil parents") will help them relax a little.

Are there any activities at AoA that might be of interest to teens? Swimming, and eating of course...

If not, then we will head to POR (our favorite) for Yehaa Bob, a carriage ride, and the boat ride to DS.
AoA has sketch classes.

I don't know if it was my imagination, but I felt like the bedroom was much warmer than the living room part in our Cars suite last month.
Hi!
This is what I am worried about! We have some family members who like it super chilly and others that don't. Trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements and whether the bedroom would be warmer. Is there only one control/thermostat and where is it? Is it central AC with vents in the ceiling or units like in the moderate hotels?

Thanks!

Hi!
This is what I am worried about! We have some family members who like it super chilly and others that don't. Trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements and whether the bedroom would be warmer. Is there only one control/thermostat and where is it? Is it central AC with vents in the ceiling or units like in the moderate hotels?

Thanks!

It's one unit with vents in the bedroom and living area. The vent in the bedroom is super weak and the one in the living area is super strong. So, the AC makes the living area much colder than the bedroom. There is only one temperature control switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter