Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We've been in a studio this week and enjoying the Boardwalk very much. We are about as far as you can get from the elevator, the last section before Jellyrolls. The Swan/Dolphin boat dock is very close, so we used that for the Studios, and the Boardwalk dock for Epcot when we didn't feel like walking. The Bellevue Lounge is great for breakfast, much less crowded than the Bakery, except no AP discount in the lounge.

We've been in a studio this week and enjoying the Boardwalk very much. We are about as far as you can get from the elevator, the last section before Jellyrolls. The Swan/Dolphin boat dock is very close, so we used that for the Studios, and the Boardwalk dock for Epcot when we didn't feel like walking. The Bellevue Lounge is great for breakfast, much less crowded than the Bakery, except no AP discount in the lounge.

What do they offer in the lounge for breakfast?

....do you mind telling me how many people were in your room? Adults? Children? [just curious, since we booked a Studio and there will be 4 adults in the room]

Last edited:

....oh, probably a silly question, but do the BWV Studios have a coffee-maker, and do they supply pods?

....oh, probably a silly question, but do the BWV Studios have a coffee-maker, and do they supply pods?

Standard 12 cup Mr. Coffee. You will have one set up for coffee upon arrival and then you will need to purchase or provide your own UNLESS you are booked through Disney (not on points). We bring our own coffee and basket filters.

Standard 12 cup Mr. Coffee. You will have one set up for coffee upon arrival and then you will need to purchase or provide your own UNLESS you are booked through Disney (not on points). We bring our own coffee and basket filters.
...yes, I DID book directly through Disney...

....do you mind telling me how many people were in your room? Adults? Children? [just curious, since we booked a Studio and there will be 4 adults in the room]
A studio will be crowded with four adults. You'll have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa plus the bunk sized murphy bed.

What do they offer in the lounge for breakfast?

ColoradoMom got most of it above, but there was also a hot breakfast sandwich that was pretty good (came with a bag of apple slices). It looked like the same pastries from the bakery. I didn't see yogurt, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there!

We only had 2 adults, so plenty of room. Depends on how close a group you are. I think a family group would be fine, but could see it hard to navigate with the sofa bed and Murphy bed all open.

We rented DVC points, but DH asked the housekeepers in the hall for a few more pods and they just gave them to him.

Were checking in for a 5 night stay in 34 days. We rented points for a 1BR Pool/Garden view. Weve never stayed there before, and weve been going back and forth for a while on what room location we might want to request. With some Touring Plans help, were thinking wed most like Building 1, with a Luna Pool view on the ground floor (patio).

Any pros or cons i should think about ? We wont be at the resort much but have a couple late starts and figured weather willing, the kids would love running out to swim. Wife and I might enjoy a little patio time with some wine.

If thats what we settle on, should I use touring plans to request with and then do online checkin ?

I have a second stay at Poly Club Level and just phoned in the request for that one.

Were checking in for a 5 night stay in 34 days. We rented points for a 1BR Pool/Garden view. Weve never stayed there before, and weve been going back and forth for a while on what room location we might want to request. With some Touring Plans help, were thinking wed most like Building 1, with a Luna Pool view on the ground floor (patio).

Any pros or cons i should think about ? We wont be at the resort much but have a couple late starts and figured weather willing, the kids would love running out to swim. Wife and I might enjoy a little patio time with some wine.

If thats what we settle on, should I use touring plans to request with and then do online checkin ?

I am always wary of the Touring Plans resort maps. Sometimes they are really wrong. I haven't looked at what they have for BWV.

I have never figured out the Touring Plans fax situation -- because I keep reading that the resorts don't even look at faxes, they just throw them away. So why do people report that they got what they wanted using this service? Either cast members read the faxes or they don't. Or do they only read the faxes from Touring Plans? Does Touring Plans have a different fax number to use? It's all a big mystery to me.

Anyway, I don't know what "Building 1" is. The resort is all one building.
Other people might pop in and provide assistance.

People find this thread helpful:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Online check-in is hit or miss. Sometimes you don't have any options to choose. Sometimes you have options which do not apply to your resort. Normally I would say to call in your room request, but obviously you can't do that because you are renting points. Only the member can call DVC.

I am always wary of the Touring Plans resort maps. Sometimes they are really wrong. I haven't looked at what they have for BWV.

I have never figured out the Touring Plans fax situation -- because I keep reading that the resorts don't even look at faxes, they just throw them away. So why do people report that they got what they wanted using this service? Either cast members read the faxes or they don't. Or do they only read the faxes from Touring Plans? Does Touring Plans have a different fax number to use? It's all a big mystery to me.

Anyway, I don't know what "Building 1" is. The resort is all one building.
Other people might pop in and provide assistance.

People find this thread helpful:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

Online check-in is hit or miss. Sometimes you don't have any options to choose. Sometimes you have options which do not apply to your resort. Normally I would say to call in your room request, but obviously you can't do that because you are renting points. Only the member can call DVC.

I know - the whole thing with Touring Plans is very confusing. There's a part of my brain that refuses to believe anyone uses a Fax anymore, but who knows - maybe the Disney reservation people like the retro-kitsch of it all. FWIW, "Building 1" on Touring Plans refers to the Building closest to the Swan Dolphin, with the Luna Pool in the main courtyard ... Building 2 is South of it, with the Quiet Pool in the Courtyard. Looks like Building 2 would be more convenient for getting to Buses and such.

I will check out the thread - thanks !

I know - the whole thing with Touring Plans is very confusing. There's a part of my brain that refuses to believe anyone uses a Fax anymore, but who knows - maybe the Disney reservation people like the retro-kitsch of it all. FWIW, "Building 1" on Touring Plans refers to the Building closest to the Swan Dolphin, with the Luna Pool in the main courtyard ... Building 2 is South of it, with the Quiet Pool in the Courtyard. Looks like Building 2 would be more convenient for getting to Buses and such.

I will check out the thread - thanks !

Other people had mentioned that you could not lock your room from the patio. I feel like that makes it less convenient. I would prefer fifth floor. Also the elevator drops you off right in front of the pool.

Other people had mentioned that you could not lock your room from the patio. I feel like that makes it less convenient. I would prefer fifth floor. Also the elevator drops you off right in front of the pool.

I had heard that as well, but I don't think that would matter in our case - were just thinking of the kids getting an early swim in while we have coffee on the patio. It does seem like an odd thing though ... those RFID locks can't be that expensive ... seems like they would have been standard.

A lot of the pool view first floor rooms have shrubbery around the patio so you can’t just walk off the patio, you would have to climb over shrubs to get to a walking path, that combined with the fact you can’t lock your way out, diminishes that as an advantage.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter