• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are checking out now from BWV. We were here 5 nights and enjoyed this location. Walking to HS and EPCOT was a major plus for us. We had a deluxe studio and would stay here again. The pull out bed was fine for my tall 14-year-old. I’m pretty sure this was a handicap accessible room as there was no tub, just shower. This was fine with us. Balcony over looked the pool. I would recommend 4048.

Also, we never received a text that our room was ready. We headed to HS. We returned to the resort around 3:30 and still not ready. The lobby was filled with people waiting on room. At 4 (when room is guarenteed) there was a rush to the counter. The room was ready and bags already in the room.

Also, we never received a text that our room was ready. We headed to HS. We returned to the resort around 3:30 and still not ready. The lobby was filled with people waiting on room. At 4 (when room is guarenteed) there was a rush to the counter. The room was ready and bags already in the room.

Just correcting a common misconception. DVC rooms are not guaranteed to be ready by 4. Check In officially starts at 4PM.

Just correcting a common misconception. DVC rooms are not guaranteed to be ready by 4. Check In officially starts at 4PM.

Interesting. I never knew this. Is there a guarantee then? Thinking that some rooms could be taking up a lot of points for not being able to be in it for at least 8 hours......

I think the latest I ever got a villa was around 5-530.....

I am so excited for our trip. We leave next Wed. BWV's are our favorite resort. We keep coming back to here. Love the location, the pool, the theme, the staff and everything!!

This year I asked to be on the ground floor, unobstructed view. We have had less than stellar views during our stay here, but that is not a huge deal. I think the worst was last year, 4th floor facing the main pool. I was excited until there was a giant tree right in front of us. We could not even see the pool. Just a big tree! We booked thru Disney, standard view, so I wasn't too upset.

Hopefully we get a better view this year :)

Interesting. I never knew this. Is there a guarantee then? Thinking that some rooms could be taking up a lot of points for not being able to be in it for at least 8 hours......

I think the latest I ever got a villa was around 5-530.....
Nope, no guarantee. Actually DVC villas are listed as available after 4PM. So it could be 5PM. We got one once around 6PM and had checked in around 7:30AM. Check out if 11AM, check in after 4PM. That's only five hours to turn around all the vacated villas which take a lot longer to clean since they have to wash the dishes, clean multiple bathrooms and bedrooms, plus the living rooms and kitchens.

Do the Village Green Garden View rooms on the 5th floor have full balconies? According to TP those are not CL. Is that correct?
Correct. There are no CL rooms on the 5th floor. The main CL rooms are on the 4th floor, 5 Deluxe CL rooms on the 3rd floor and the Garden Suites that have CL access.

For balconies, first there are a couple of types of balconies at the BWI. Individual balconies that don't have a shared wall with the next balcony.

Next up are the groups of balconies with a dividing wall and finally double size balconies (See 4th / 3rd floor) on select floors / rooms. The various balconies are shown in the picture below. Where I indicated a couple of rooms that don't even have a balcony on the 5th floor overlooking the Village Green rooms 5267 & 5275.

Dave

BWI Rooms with no balcony.jpg

Last edited:
Correct. There are no CL rooms on the 5th floor. The main CL rooms are on the 4th floor, 3 Deluxe CL rooms on the 3rd floor and the Garden Suites that have CL access.

For balconies, first there are a couple of types of balconies at the BWI. Individual balconies that don't have a shared wall with the next balcony.

Next up are the groups of balconies with a dividing wall and finally double size balconies (See 4th / 3rd floor) on select floors / rooms. The various balconies are shown in the picture below. Where I indicated a couple of rooms that don't even have a balcony on the 5th floor overlooking the Village Green rooms 5267 & 5275.

Dave

View attachment 327909

It's so weird that those two rooms are still considered water view rooms and are the same cost equivalent as the rooms with balconies. Touring plans shows room 5279 as a standard View even though it has a balcony. But then again we know that there are some errors on touring plans. Would be interesting to hear from folks who have stayed in any of those rooms.

It's so weird that those two rooms are still considered water view rooms and are the same cost equivalent as the rooms with balconies. Touring plans shows room 5279 as a standard View even though it has a balcony. But then again we know that there are some errors on touring plans. Would be interesting to hear from folks who have stayed in any of those rooms.
Disney never prices rooms without balconies differently so that isn't a surprise. For instance, half the rooms at BC have no balcony but they don't change rates for those.

Hi! Apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Does anyone know which club level rooms have a king bed (if any)?

Hi! Apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Does anyone know which club level rooms have a king bed (if any)?
Yes they do, we have had one. At least one room is just off the lounge, not water view, Garden. I'll grab the room number and update here in a minute
4240 was the room we had that was King. Literally next to the lounge

Last edited:
Thanks. Wondering if there are any rooms with a water view that have a king too.
There are so very few Water View CL rooms period it's hard to say. I asked recently and I think they said there are just 10 Standard CL rooms on the Water side. Rest are Deluxe are Suites.

There are so very few Water View CL rooms period it's hard to say. I asked recently and I think they said there are just 10 Standard CL rooms on the Water side. Rest are Deluxe are Suites.

Thanks. Have never stayed CL here. Just looking at options and was curious about that. We stayed in a standard room for a night or two once and didn't have a great experience (they ended up moving us to BC due to not having another standard room to move us to). I have heard great things about CL here though.

The only 100% guaranteed CL rooms with a King bed are the Garden Suites in the courtyard that have CL access, the two Suites, and the four 2Br units.

Dave

I know there is one king room that we have stayed in. It is directly across from the lounge to the left. It has a BW View.

Correct. There are no CL rooms on the 5th floor. The main CL rooms are on the 4th floor, 5 Deluxe CL rooms on the 3rd floor and the Garden Suites that have CL access.

Dave

Wow, Dave, this is so helpful. Thanks so much!

Do the smaller (non-double sized) balconies fit chairs or are they just big enough to stand on?

Last edited:

We arrived around 9:30 on May 29, I received a text while on ME saying our room wasn't ready yet and we'd receive another text when it was. We dropped our carry on off at Bell Services and headed to EPCOT. My DD kept asking if our room was ready because she was tired, and I explained to her that it takes time to get the rooms cleaned. That when we arrived at 9:30, the people probably hadn't even checked out yet. Then the room along with other rooms needed to be cleaned. I'd also rather wait in hopes of getting my location request VS getting the first available room. I got a text at 4:48 that our room was ready so we headed back to the BW and went straight to our room. Our luggage from ME was waiting for us. We were in room 5079, a perfect location except for the tree that blocked our view of the higher fireworks.

Wow, Dave, this is so helpful. Thanks so much!

Do the smaller (non-double sized) balconies fit chairs or are they just big enough to stand on?
They fit 2 chairs and a small table. They are not much wider than the chair though, so you don't have very much space to move in front or in back of the chair, just enough to stand up at the rail. There's a fair bit of space between the chairs and the table though, so they have a bit more space in their length than in the depth, if that makes sense. I don't think any of my photos show it very clearly but I'll check. We enjoy sitting on them, even if they are smallish. Still plenty of room to put your feet up on the rail and enjoy a beverage. If you can zoom at Dave's photo, in the room to the right of 5275, you can make out a chair on the balcony and sort of tell how big they are, in relation to the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter