• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Any rumblings about ESPN? It’s been a family tradition to grab lunch and a beer on arrival day. I’ve still got until 10/29, but I’m hoping it’s up and running before then.

Question on the pool slide...are life jacket/preservers as given out at the pool, allowed to be worn by children on the slide?
I'm guessing it would depend on the type of slide in general. I think POFQ allowed them, but someplace like YC/BC might not because the slide is enclosed. This would lead me to believe that BW would allow it, but was curious if anyone knew for sure.

We've stayed in these rooms...on the 4th floor and on the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor balconies may be a bit bigger..but there is a "secret" door with stairs that lets you up right at the Innkeepers door and they buzz you right in. Rooms are dated but the guaranteed boardwalk view....they are really nice....$$$....but worth it.
A little off topic..does anyone know if they've opened these rooms up for CL booking? I managed to grab a standard CL room for first week in December but haven't yet seen these Deluxe CL rooms opened up, no matter what date I try......

Yes, I booked one Jan 8-13

I'm looking at room choices at the Epcot area resorts for a March trip. I'm leaning toward Boardwalk since it's the only resort with club level rooms bookable right now, but I only see standard rooms available. Deluxe rooms aren't on the list at all and Garden Cottages and Suites aren't listed as club access anymore. Is this accurate or is the site just being wonky for me today? Anyone have any info on changes to which rooms get club lounge access? Anyone know if deluxe rooms are still bookable? I do know that Beach Club removed club access from there deluxe rooms years ago, and the same could be happening at Boardwalk, but why would the deluxe rooms disappear completely from the list of choices?

I'm looking at room choices at the Epcot area resorts for a March trip. I'm leaning toward Boardwalk since it's the only resort with club level rooms bookable right now, but I only see standard rooms available. Deluxe rooms aren't on the list at all and Garden Cottages and Suites aren't listed as club access anymore. Is this accurate or is the site just being wonky for me today? Anyone have any info on changes to which rooms get club lounge access? Anyone know if deluxe rooms are still bookable? I do know that Beach Club removed club access from there deluxe rooms years ago, and the same could be happening at Boardwalk, but why would the deluxe rooms disappear completely from the list of choices?
I looked at a sample date range in March, 7-10. The standard as well as the deluxe rooms (both club) showed available. Do you have trip flexibility to try other dates and ranges?
I've wondered what's up with the suites and cottages too. I guess we'll see at some point.

I looked at a sample date range in March, 7-10. The standard as well as the deluxe rooms (both club) showed available. Do you have trip flexibility to try other dates and ranges?
I've wondered what's up with the suites and cottages too. I guess we'll see at some point.
I logged out and logged back in and now the deluxe rooms are showing along with the standard club, so that part of my question was just a glitch. Thanks for replying and hopefully someone can answer about the cottages and suites eventually. I do know that it was a bit of an inconvenience to get to the lounge from the cottages, so maybe that has something to do with eliminating club access for them. We always ended up barely using the lounge when staying in those but it was nice to have the option. The rack rate on them for my dates is over $1300 before tax per night. Pretending that we'd get some value from the lounge would make the price tag easier to take :)

Hi All! Had a question about getting from BWI to Riviera Resort for a mid-morning (10:30ish) breakfast ADR at Toplino's. Would like to take the Skyliner and wanted to know if I'm correct in thinking we would have to walk to the DHS to do so since EPCOT won't be open until 11 a.m. Has anyone done this? Thanks so much!

Hi All! Had a question about getting from BWI to Riviera Resort for a mid-morning (10:30ish) breakfast ADR at Toplino's. Would like to take the Skyliner and wanted to know if I'm correct in thinking we would have to walk to the DHS to do so since EPCOT won't be open until 11 a.m. Has anyone done this? Thanks so much!
I was thinking of going there the morning the guys are playing golf to do the quick service breakfast and wondered the same thing. Hope someone knows the answer!

Right now the Disney Skyliner does not start running to the Epcot station early enough for you to make it to the Boardwalk as long as Epcot is opening at 11 AM.

Dave

Hmm, I think I've read that people have been able to take the Skyliner from CBR to Riviera and possibly to IG for breakfast ADRs at Topolino's and Trattoria al Forno, and I'm pretty sure the Skyliner is running in the Riviera to CBR direction in time for DHS rope drop, so it's moving in the direction you'd need to go. I think I remember that the guests in question had to tell the CMs that they had an ADR in order to get on the Skyliner. Oh! Just re-read and saw your ADR is around 10:30 - the Skyliner will be running fully by 10:00, maybe even by 9:00 or 9:30 between IG and Riviera (CBR) by then because people will be coming for Epcot rope drop, which has been happening at 10:15 or 10:30. So no need to walk to DHS to get to Riviera!

Thanks for replying and hopefully someone can answer about the cottages and suites eventually. I do know that it was a bit of an inconvenience to get to the lounge from the cottages, so maybe that has something to do with eliminating club access for them. We always ended up barely using the lounge when staying in those but it was nice to have the option. The rack rate on them for my dates is over $1300 before tax per night. Pretending that we'd get some value from the lounge would make the price tag easier to take :)

It’s definitely an interesting situation - and not unique to BWI as some other resorts have similar dynamics.

So if we go back and look at the progression of things….

- Later last summer/early fall (I can’t recall exactly off hand) Disney moved various room types that were normally “CL Access” out of the CL category since CL was unavailable in order to make those rooms bookable.

- On 4/23, Disney announced BWI would reopen 7/2. At the time, still no word on CL but rooms like the suites and garden cottages were bookable, just not with the CL designation.

- Around 6/3 Disney announced BWI CL would reopen 9/23.

For the moment, room types such as the garden cottages still do not have the CL designation. I am of the opinion that come 9/23 those rooms WILL be CL as they always have been, but from an IT, room inventory, room category perspective, we’re in a weird spot and it’s not something that Disney/Disney IT feels important enough to address.

Maybe I’m wrong and Disney views this as their chance to permanently move the cottages out of the CL inventory, but that feels unlikely to me. I think they need BWI CL in order to sell those rooms at the traditional price point.

TBD of course!

It’s definitely an interesting situation - and not unique to BWI as some other resorts have similar dynamics.

So if we go back and look at the progression of things….

- Later last summer/early fall (I can’t recall exactly off hand) Disney moved various room types that were normally “CL Access” out of the CL category since CL was unavailable in order to make those rooms bookable.

- On 4/23, Disney announced BWI would reopen 7/2. At the time, still no word on CL but rooms like the suites and garden cottages were bookable, just not with the CL designation.

- Around 6/3 Disney announced BWI CL would reopen 9/23.

For the moment, room types such as the garden cottages still do not have the CL designation. I am of the opinion that come 9/23 those rooms WILL be CL as they always have been, but from an IT, room inventory, room category perspective, we’re in a weird spot and it’s not something that Disney/Disney IT feels important enough to address.

Maybe I’m wrong and Disney views this as their chance to permanently move the cottages out of the CL inventory, but that feels unlikely to me. I think they need BWI CL in order to sell those rooms at the traditional price point.

TBD of course!
That's an excellent and plausible explanation. Thanks!

Hmm, I think I've read that people have been able to take the Skyliner from CBR to Riviera and possibly to IG for breakfast ADRs at Topolino's and Trattoria al Forno, and I'm pretty sure the Skyliner is running in the Riviera to CBR direction in time for DHS rope drop, so it's moving in the direction you'd need to go. I think I remember that the guests in question had to tell the CMs that they had an ADR in order to get on the Skyliner. Oh! Just re-read and saw your ADR is around 10:30 - the Skyliner will be running fully by 10:00, maybe even by 9:00 or 9:30 between IG and Riviera (CBR) by then because people will be coming for Epcot rope drop, which has been happening at 10:15 or 10:30. So no need to walk to DHS to get to Riviera!

We are thinking of a 9am Topolino’s reservation from BWi, returning for a 11am Epcot opening. Is the skyliner an option that early? I also wonder about the return and whether the skyliner will be crowded due to Epcot’s 11am opening.

We are thinking of a 9am Topolino’s reservation from BWi, returning for a 11am Epcot opening. Is the skyliner an option that early? I also wonder about the return and whether the skyliner will be crowded due to Epcot’s 11am opening.
I’m not sure whether the Skyliner starts running at 9 or 9:30, and it may vary, so you might have to ask when you’re there. As for getting to Epcot for opening, yes, there are lines waiting for the Skyliner at Riviera (and CBR). You might also ask on the Transportation forum.

Hello All,
I’m looking forward to my next Boardwalk stay next month!! However, this will be our first time on the Inn side and with a water view.

I would prefer an actual Boardwalk View over just water view, so can anyone recommend some room requests?

Also, do water view rooms start on a certain floor?
Are there enclosed balconies and more open balconies? I really enjoy the use of a balcony and people watching!
I don’t even really know where to start!

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in the split level rooms, Garden I think, how are they and how close to bus and dining are they?

They are know as the Garden Suites and used to be called the Honeymoon suites. They are located in the main BWI courtyard adjoining the main building.

The are just as close to other rooms to all the features except for Club Level Access that has been included in the past and is expected to return shortly.

They have private entrances and are two stories. 1st floor is sitting area with a powder room and the upstairs have the bedroom (King) with the Master bathroom.

ETA: Note they only sleep 2

Dave

great! and I figure, if we get 2 queens, then I'll just get a bed all to myself and I can sleep in the middle!
We do this every trip. Not the most romantic, but he snores and steals sheets, and I move and turn a lot so two beds is almost a luxury. It is really nice to stretch out without mr sawing logs right in my ear!

We do this every trip. Not the most romantic, but he snores and steals sheets, and I move and turn a lot so two beds is almost a luxury. It is really nice to stretch out without mr sawing logs right in my ear!
For our family beach trip this summer we picked the room with 2 queens as well - I'll get lots of good sleep then too! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter