Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

It took me over an hour to get a supervisor but I was offered the same deal that others have talked about. The supervisor did have a few questions that she could wanted to follow up with the resort in regards to the food offerings and to ensure the main pool would not be effected and will be calling me back.

I was told by Guest Services that the pool wouldn't be impacted and they would have a temporary location for pool beverages like you would normally get at the bar in the area of the pool. I"m curious to hear what response you get.

We are also traveling the week after Easter and are so upset about the construction. My kids were so looking forward to staying at CBR. My question is we booked with undercover tourist....would I still be eligible for the credit and would I have to call or would they?

I'm not sure how they work. Are they your travel agent or a booking engine so to speak like Orbitz or something. If they function as the TA they would have to call for you. We are traveling that same week and took the credit because construction isn't supposed to officially start until May 1st, but the set up and stuff to get the temporary locations going could impact the stay.

I'm not sure how they work. Are they your travel agent or a booking engine so to speak like Orbitz or something. If they function as the TA they would have to call for you. We are traveling that same week and took the credit because construction isn't supposed to officially start until May 1st, but the set up and stuff to get the temporary locations going could impact the stay.

I just called undercover tourist and they said they are a booking agent and I would have to call disney myself. I am not sure how this is going to work, since I paid in full to undercover tourist. I am so upset about all this now, we only stay onsite for a few days, but we chose CBR thinking it would be the best choice...uggh!

I just moved our family to Beach Club for our August trip at our own expense. I want to be able to relax... can't do that in a construction zone. I don't want to wait to hear what the situation will be closer to our arrival and have to deal with last minute changes... hence why I bit the bullet and changed now.

I have not called yet, but I will be soon! My question is about the option to switch resorts: My family is a group of 5 so we are limited on which Moderate resorts we can all stay in one room. Coronado Springs is not showing any availability for our travel dates. What will our other options be? Would Disney consider moving us to a Deluxe at a reduced fee? I am not willing to pay full for a deluxe since I booked a Moderate before all this was announced. We will also not consider moving to 2 rooms in a Value as we all prefer to be together.

I have not called yet, but I will be soon! My question is about the option to switch resorts: My family is a group of 5 so we are limited on which Moderate resorts we can all stay in one room. Coronado Springs is not showing any availability for our travel dates. What will our other options be? Would Disney consider moving us to a Deluxe at a reduced fee? I am not willing to pay full for a deluxe since I booked a Moderate before all this was announced. We will also not consider moving to 2 rooms in a Value as we all prefer to be together.

I'm wondering the same thing about whether there is a discount to move to deluxe, since the other moderates don't work for us either. If you do call please let us know what you hear!

I've just called both Disney and our TA back. Disney told us to ring our TA, so we did and they've said they are going to contact Disney and see what they can do. Think our TA were just lying to us at first basically, which doesn't fill me with confidence...

[QUOTE="dansdad,
No major work is going to start until May. They will be doing some prep work prior to that like putting up the tents, putting up fences, etc. Once the temporary full food court is up and running, they will be cutting back on the options inside OPR and only serving breakfast and dinner. Then once they are satisfied with how the temporary food court is functioning, they will close the food court inside OPR.

As of right now, this is the plan. As I've said, this may change a bit. But if anything it would be pushed back because I have never heard of WDW starting something like this early.[/QUOTE]

I was told by a cm this morning that they will not begin even setting up the tents until May 1st. I wonder which it is.

When I was on the phone they offered to move me to another moderate resort at no additional charge. If I wanted to move to a deluxe though we would have had to pay the normal amount, there would be no discount. As we have heard the pool is not going to be effected and that was my main concern (we are traveling June 12 - 19th)

I also have a family of 5 so the choices are small for us. We did POR last time we went to Disney and the murphy bed fit our needs without an issue. I decided to take the room reduction and stick it out, the kids want the pool at CBR and for the most part we spend almost the whole day in the parks so the noise will hopefully be minimal.

I posted in the other thread as well, but just to provide another data point, I booked through Orbitz for 4/21 to 4/30 and finally had time in my schedule today to wait on hold to try and get this issue resolved. The agent at Orbitz first spoke to a CM who said that the email was purely informational and was provided to give us the option of cancelling with no penalty and moving elsewhere. The CM vehemently denied that anyone had been offered credits or a move to another reosrt. I asked the Orbitz agent to please call again and speak to a supervisor. After waiting on hold again, the Orbitz agent came back on the line and told me that I needed to forward the email I received to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and that was the only way for me to receive any resolution. So I'm trying that. If I don't hear anything within the next day or two, I'll try to have Orbitz call again or call directly.

For those who were offered and accepted the $75 per night credit..... I paid for my trip with gift cards, so just wondering if the credit would go back on my gift card or a newly issued card? I haven't called Disney yet, just curious if others already knew the answer. My trip starts May 13th and I don't plan to switch resorts, but I'm not opposed to a discount if they offer one.

My family is booked to stay here December 9-16. We picked CBR because we wanted a moderate to qualify for regular free dining (fingers crossed that it does come out), and this was the resort whose food court looked the best to us. So I have two questions:

1) If you take the discount, do you still qualify to add free dining if it comes out?

2) Has anyone had any luck getting a discount to move to a deluxe? POR and POFQ are sometimes excluded from free dining, and Coronado will also have construction, so I feel like we're out of luck as far as moving to another moderate and hoping for free dining. Not to mention, my husband isn't wild about any of those three resorts.

Thanks everyone for the great info so far, and please keep reporting back on the results of your calls!

I dont know about free dining but we didnt lose our fun in the sun pirate room offer...all they did was deduct $75 off the cost of the room per night for us, nothing else changed, betting it wont affect your free dining one bit as they are not doing anything other than reducing the balance.
If you already have a reservation, then an offer, free dining or discount, comes out, you are technically rebooking, not just applying the discount. @pktbMouse already booked with a special rate, so the construction applied. @ChiBub my educated guess is that you will not qualify for free dining and be able to keep any credit/discount given for construction, as you will be making a new reservation knowing there will be construction going on.

Update for UK guests
I rang reservations today on 0800 1690743 and spoke to a supervisor, Trina, i have phoned several times, been on hold for hours and cut off many times but this time i got through. We are staying 22nd april- 6th may, they looked at all other options to move us to another moderate or value but there was nothing available. They offered us an upgrade but this would be at our cost (minus the credit i will mention) To stay at CBR they offered us £50 ($75) per night per room but ONLY the days from the 1st May when works commence. We could apply this £250 to an upgrade but this nowhere near covered the cost so we stayed with CBR. The supervisor was very helpful but you will have to be persistent as they are denying all knowledge of upgrades/credits. You can, if not already paid in full, have this credit deducted from your final invoice. Hope this helps! Thanks to all Disboard members who replied to me too xx oh and we have free dining plus $200 gift card as per our original package and this is not affected by the discount.

For those who were offered and accepted the $75 per night credit..... I paid for my trip with gift cards, so just wondering if the credit would go back on my gift card or a newly issued card? I haven't called Disney yet, just curious if others already knew the answer. My trip starts May 13th and I don't plan to switch resorts, but I'm not opposed to a discount if they offer one.

Normally refunds go back on the card you paid with whether credit card or gift card.

If you already have a reservation, then an offer, free dining or discount, comes out, you are technically rebooking, not just applying the discount. @pktbMouse already booked with a special rate, so the construction applied. @ChiBub my educated guess is that you will not qualify for free dining and be able to keep any credit/discount given for construction, as you will be making a new reservation knowing there will be construction going on.

I was told that if a discount is released for your dates, like free dining, you'd have to call guest services to be able to apply the discount without losing the credit as the credit and the discount are two different animals and you can have both.

I was told that if a discount is released for your dates, like free dining, you'd have to call guest services to be able to apply the discount without losing the credit as the credit and the discount are two different animals and you can have both.

That goes completely against discount stipulations that they apply to "new reservations only." I would not count on that.

My family will be at CBR June 22 - July 2. It sounds like a lot of people are having success with the discount, so I asked my travel agent to call and told her what people on this board had been receiving. Just heard back that she was told there are absolutely no discounts being offered because of the construction since they are offering alternative dining options. Centertown will still have quick service hot meals and the refillable resort mugs.

I'm sure she didn't pursue further with a supervisor, so can I call on my own and ask for a supervisor, or does this change have to be initiated by my TA? And if I can call, what number should I use?

Thanks for any help.

[QUOTE="dansdad,
No major work is going to start until May. They will be doing some prep work prior to that like putting up the tents, putting up fences, etc. Once the temporary full food court is up and running, they will be cutting back on the options inside OPR and only serving breakfast and dinner. Then once they are satisfied with how the temporary food court is functioning, they will close the food court inside OPR.

As of right now, this is the plan. As I've said, this may change a bit. But if anything it would be pushed back because I have never heard of WDW starting something like this early.

I was told by a cm this morning that they will not begin even setting up the tents until May 1st. I wonder which it is.[/QUOTE]

I trust my sources actually at CBR. They haven't steered me wrong yet. Phone CMs on the other hand.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter