Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was told by a cm this morning that they will not begin even setting up the tents until May 1st. I wonder which it is.

I trust my sources actually at CBR. They haven't steered me wrong yet. Phone CMs on the other hand.....[/QUOTE]

If that's the case:
(1) Why would I have received the email if I'm leaving on the 30th; and
(2) Why would Disney be offering $75/night discounts to people who are leaving before May 1st? There are at least three reports in this thread of people who are leaving by the 28th (including one who is leaving on the 23rd) that have been offered the option of a discount or move.

My family will be at CBR June 22 - July 2. It sounds like a lot of people are having success with the discount, so I asked my travel agent to call and told her what people on this board had been receiving. Just heard back that she was told there are absolutely no discounts being offered because of the construction since they are offering alternative dining options. Centertown will still have quick service hot meals and the refillable resort mugs.

I'm sure she didn't pursue further with a supervisor, so can I call on my own and ask for a supervisor, or does this change have to be initiated by my TA? And if I can call, what number should I use?

Thanks for any help.
I'm wondering this as well...

Quick question not related to the newly announced construction:
How big are the fridges in the rooms? Or more specifically, will it fit a gallon of milk or should I get a half gallon? We are leaving for our tri next week and I am about to place my grocery order and I can't remember what size milk to get after reading through everything, even though I know I read it in here somewhere!

My family will be at CBR June 22 - July 2. It sounds like a lot of people are having success with the discount, so I asked my travel agent to call and told her what people on this board had been receiving. Just heard back that she was told there are absolutely no discounts being offered because of the construction since they are offering alternative dining options. Centertown will still have quick service hot meals and the refillable resort mugs.

I'm sure she didn't pursue further with a supervisor, so can I call on my own and ask for a supervisor, or does this change have to be initiated by my TA? And if I can call, what number should I use?

Thanks for any help.

The travel agent needs to push and ask for guest services. Guest services will take care of it.

How big are the fridges in the rooms? Or more specifically, will it fit a gallon of milk or should I get a half gallon? We are leaving for our tri next week and I am about to place my grocery order and I can't remember what size milk to get after reading through everything, even though I know I read it in here somewhere!

There are pictures of the fridge in post #6 on page 1 of this thread.

I trust my sources actually at CBR. They haven't steered me wrong yet. Phone CMs on the other hand.....

If that's the case:
(2) Why would Disney be offering $75/night discounts to people who are leaving before May 1st? There are at least three reports in this thread of people who are leaving by the 28th (including one who is leaving on the 23rd) that have been offered the option of a discount or move.[/QUOTE]

Covering their butts in case someone complains that prep work ruined their vacation.

If that's the case:
(2) Why would Disney be offering $75/night discounts to people who are leaving before May 1st? There are at least three reports in this thread of people who are leaving by the 28th (including one who is leaving on the 23rd) that have been offered the option of a discount or move.

Covering their butts in case someone complains that prep work ruined their vacation.[/QUOTE]

What's being ruined is my peace of mind! If the construction isn't beginning until May first, and I'm leaving on the 28th, I would have been happy being blissfully unaware of something that was not going to affect me. As it is, I moved to POR, a choice I'm still not happy about, because the e-mail made it seem like I would be affected. I already paid, because I was afraid that the other moderates were going to fill up. Now I'm deciding whether to move back, or try to see if Disney will compensate me the difference. I really wish they wouldn't send out e-mails to people whose vacations weren't going to be affected, if this is the case.

Did they stop doing the little pirate cruise? I thought I read somewhere they did...bummer if this is so. Its an all out pirate themed vacation so it would have been good. IM searching Oriental Trading right now looking for pirate stuff we can take for the room..ARRRRR...

Did they stop doing the little pirate cruise? I thought I read somewhere they did...bummer if this is so. Its an all out pirate themed vacation so it would have been good. IM searching Oriental Trading right now looking for pirate stuff we can take for the room..ARRRRR...

I thought I'd read the same thing about the one at CBR, but I am no expert. We did love the Pirates & Pals cruise from the Contemporary though! It was awesome!

Half gallons fit better.

After 3 hours of being on hold, I finally spoke with a guest services cast member. I have a party of 5, so not too many options for a Moderate stay that is not under renovation in June. I was hoping to be moved to a Deluxe at a reduced rate. No pixie dust there! I was given the $75 per night credit. When I inquired if there was anything else they could do for our inconvenience, then I was offered an additional fast pass per guest per night. They did try to switch my reservation to Riverside, but there was 1 night that was not available. I am not thrilled, but will accept what I have been offered.

The travel agent needs to push and ask for guest services. Guest services will take care of it.

I emailed her back and asked if she would try again, but told her I didn't want to waste her time as people had been on hold for hours. She was happy to call back and asked me what people were saying on the board. I copied and pasted positive and negative results reported here. She emailed me at 8:51pm to say she'd been on hold for almost an hour and they transferred her to guest services after she told them how adamant I was about the discount. She was told that when she called earlier in the day they weren't giving any discounts but since so many have called and complained, they may be able to do something. She expected another hour wait at that time but emailed that she was still on hold at 10:16pm. At 11:01pm she emailed to say that they agreed to the $75/night discount. She's a rock star. :rockband: DH was thrilled when I told him this morning.

For those of you getting the discount, what are your travel dates? 4/21-4/27 for us. First, my TA was told we could move or get the credit. When she called to get the credit, she was told it was only for people traveling May 1st or later.

For those of you getting the discount, what are your travel dates? 4/21-4/27 for us. First, my TA was told we could move or get the credit. When she called to get the credit, she was told it was only for people traveling May 1st or later.

We're 6/22-7/2.

I booked through Orbitz for 4/21 to 4/30 and they called Disney three times yesterday for me and were that no one has been given or will be given compensation for those days because the construction isn't starting until 5/1 and everything will be open while we are there. There are at least 3 people in the two different threads here who DID receive a credit for stays ending on before 5/1. I'm thinking it just took Disney a few days to get consistent messaging.

My travel dates are May 13-20; called yesterday and surprisingly got right thru. Was transferred to a Guest Services Supervisor who told me the discount was $50 per night and the information I'm hearing of $75 from so many guests is completely incorrect. She was nice but blunt; so I was nice and blunt in responding that Disney has an additional problem because I believe the guests. She then offered the $75 per night without hesitation. All in all, our conversation was very brief but I did end up on hold for an hour while she made the adjustments to my account.
Well worth the call for a $600 credit to my account.

Has anyone gotten the discount for August or September?
Wondering the same thing. We have two weeks booked on a free dining bounce back for August 12th through the 24th. Would really love it if there was just some info on what would actually be being done during that time frame.

My travel dates are May 13-20; called yesterday and surprisingly got right thru. Was transferred to a Guest Services Supervisor who told me the discount was $50 per night and the information I'm hearing of $75 from so many guests is completely incorrect. She was nice but blunt; so I was nice and blunt in responding that Disney has an additional problem because I believe the guests. She then offered the $75 per night without hesitation. All in all, our conversation was very brief but I did end up on hold for an hour while she made the adjustments to my account.
Well worth the call for a $600 credit to my account.

Why the games?

Have an authorized consistent plan so when guests call they give the same offer,
implement the guests choice making them happy and move on to the next guest.

Why in the world do they want to antagonize the guests who may cancel or still come but cut back on their spending? What's wrong with looking like you did what was best for the guest? I don't get this mentality of not making the wrong right in a consistent and pleasant manner? With social media and internet, their attitude will not go unnoticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter