Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

For anyone staying at CBR, when the Hollywood studios Star Wars fireworks go off (currently 8pm), there is a reasonable viewing spot in the Jamaica carpark in front of building 43 (you need to go out into the carpark and get past as many trees as you can, but not as far as grass). You can see all the high up fireworks just not the really low ones, and on a clear non windy night you can hear the Star Wars commentary and music. I would advise seeing them once at the park at least but then if you want to see them again while at CBR this was a nice memory for us. We love these fireworks.
Good info, thanks!
Where is it that you can see Illuminations? By the main pool?

For anyone staying at CBR, when the Hollywood studios Star Wars fireworks go off (currently 8pm), there is a reasonable viewing spot in the Jamaica carpark in front of building 43 (you need to go out into the carpark and get past as many trees as you can, but not as far as grass). You can see all the high up fireworks just not the really low ones, and on a clear non windy night you can hear the Star Wars commentary and music. I would advise seeing them once at the park at least but then if you want to see them again while at CBR this was a nice memory for us. We love these fireworks.

Yep my eldest and husband saw them last night. They said it was nice.

Good info, thanks!
Where is it that you can see Illuminations? By the main pool?

Yes you can see them by the main pool/courtyard. We were swimming in the pool and could see them. Also watching the outdoor movie, go stand behind the movie screen and you can see them. I got some good pictures of the fireworks from there!

Ooooh all excited for our forthcoming may trip after reading through this thread:daisy:

Couple of questions for all you cbr experts:

We have a standard view accessible room booked-where would be the best location with parking as close as possible
Also (& actually more importantly than parking) needs to be nowhere near smoking areas

I'm a little concerned regarding the 'smelly room' comments as I have extremely sensitive nasal powers :rolleyes1

Will we need to fold up (standard size) wheelchair whilst in the room; or is there enough space for leaving it ready to roll?

Has anyone ever experienced having an accessible room booked & then upon arrival it wasn't available?
Slightly scarred from a previous trip ( which would be a separate thread altogether!) :hyper2:

sorry if this has already been asked, I looked but couldn't find it. I read that Trinidad North and Martinique are preferred locations. How far of a walk are they from bus area, food court and main pool area? What is your favorite location and why? :-)
We stayed in Barbados. It was a minute to the bus stop and five minutes to the food court. Also only a couple minutes from the custom house. We had to go there several times, so it worked out for us. We loved it. It's a big resort, but not as crazy to navigate as some make it seem.

:wave2:Can someone there ATM or about to stay there do me a favour, see if longlife/ UHT milk (I think that's what you call it over there) is available in the OPR or the shop.
Also price up the wine for me (I like a cheeky glass at night whilst writing up our trippie):rolleyes1:thanks:

Last edited:
My kids REALLY want to stay in the Pirate rooms. Dh and I stayed at CBR back in 2000 and loved it so I was open to spending the extra $ to go there again for our next trip. Reading some reviews I hear lots of complaints about the pirate rooms. The distance to the food court/pool doesn't really bother me. Our last 2 trips we stayed at All Stars and were near the back of the complex and had to walk to the bus so having a bus stop near the room is a bonus to me. So, other than that, does anyone have any real problems with those rooms? If your kids were begging would you stay in them?

Is there a bus schedule to show you times from CBR to DTD (DS) and CBR to ESPN WWOS?

Not that I'm aware of. But I do know that buses will start running about an hour before Disney Springs and WWOS open. If you have an event you are going to at WWOS the information packet you receive when you check in will have the times the buses will start running there.

Question:

The first page just says that the rooms with trundle beds were scattered throughout the resort. Any idea how many of the rooms have these? Is it most?

We are a family of 5, but not by Disney standards. For our next trip my youngest will be 2.9 years old (almost 3). So, we would like the extra trundle bed to fit our family. But, in Disney's reservation we will be a family of 4. Will we have trouble getting a 5 person room, maybe left out for someone else who is officially a family of 5?

Thanks!

Question:

The first page just says that the rooms with trundle beds were scattered throughout the resort. Any idea how many of the rooms have these? Is it most?

We are a family of 5, but not by Disney standards. For our next trip my youngest will be 2.9 years old (almost 3). So, we would like the extra trundle bed to fit our family. But, in Disney's reservation we will be a family of 4. Will we have trouble getting a 5 person room, maybe left out for someone else who is officially a family of 5?

Thanks!
We are a family of three and we asked when we arrived at checkin if we could have a room with a pull down bed, though both times we got told they don't have many and are normally reserved for families of 5, we were successful both times. Both times we had to wait until around 1pm for one to be ready. You can't request one online, but I think you can phone the request in and check when you arrive, and you might get lucky. They do try to keep people happy if they can. Both times though we said we didn't care where it was and that we had a preference for upstairs (not many people want to be upstairs). We did say we really liked Jamaica most and both times we ended up in Jamaica, but we would have gone anywhere.

Question:

Thanks!

Last trip, we had four adjoining rooms and two of those four had a pull down bed and none of the parties were parties of five. As the previous poster said, you may be able to request a room with a pull down bed by either calling in your request or asking upon check-in.

My kids REALLY want to stay in the Pirate rooms. Dh and I stayed at CBR back in 2000 and loved it so I was open to spending the extra $ to go there again for our next trip. Reading some reviews I hear lots of complaints about the pirate rooms. The distance to the food court/pool doesn't really bother me. Our last 2 trips we stayed at All Stars and were near the back of the complex and had to walk to the bus so having a bus stop near the room is a bonus to me. So, other than that, does anyone have any real problems with those rooms? If your kids were begging would you stay in them?

I haven't personally seen many complaints about the pirate rooms, unless they are assigning them as an "upgrade" to guests who didn't book them. I think that is the issue. They have double beds instead of queens, so to many that is not an upgrade if you don't care about the theme, it's a downgrade (it would be to us). And with it also being supposedly farther from the Old Port Royale. I personally would not want to stay in them with double beds, especially since the hubby and I have a king bed booked, I'd be pretty peeved if they tried to put us in one. But the rooms look adorable from the pictures I've seen, especially since they were recently renovated. If I had boys who were into that sort of thing I'd probably suck it up and sleep in a double.

Ooooh all excited for our forthcoming may trip after reading through this thread:daisy:

We have a standard view accessible room booked-where would be the best location with parking as close as possible
Also (& actually more importantly than parking) needs to be nowhere near smoking areas

I'm a little concerned regarding the 'smelly room' comments as I have extremely sensitive nasal powers :rolleyes1

Will we need to fold up (standard size) wheelchair whilst in the room; or is there enough space for leaving it ready to roll?

Has anyone ever experienced having an accessible room booked & then upon arrival it wasn't available?
Slightly scarred from a previous trip ( which would be a separate thread altogether!) :hyper2:

Me again!!!
Just wondering if anyone could assist please.

I would word your request as "not near a DSA" and "close to parking" It should work out well for you as most of the DSAs are in the inner courtyards. So if you have an outer room, close to the parking lot, you will good.

It's not something that is rampant at CBR.

You won't need to fold it up

My parents need an accessible room and have never not received one at CBR. And the end of February will be their 9th stay at CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter