Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ooooh all excited for our forthcoming may trip after reading through this thread:daisy:

Couple of questions for all you cbr experts:

We have a standard view accessible room booked-where would be the best location with parking as close as possible
Also (& actually more importantly than parking) needs to be nowhere near smoking areas

I'm a little concerned regarding the 'smelly room' comments as I have extremely sensitive nasal powers :rolleyes1

Will we need to fold up (standard size) wheelchair whilst in the room; or is there enough space for leaving it ready to roll?

Has anyone ever experienced having an accessible room booked & then upon arrival it wasn't available?
Slightly scarred from a previous trip ( which would be a separate thread altogether!) :hyper2:

We were assigned to Jamaica building 41 and our walk to the parking lot was minimal. Many of the courtyards are designed smoking areas so I would suggest that you call and ask for an accessible room that is NOT facing a courtyard. As far as smelly rooms, we have never had a smelly room in all of our 100+ nights at the resort so I wouldn't be too terribly worried. If, however, you do have a smell in your room when you arrive, stop by the concierge desk at Old Port Royale and ask that they have a housekeeper come in and do a thorough cleaning or you can call housekeeping from your room phone.

While is a possibility, it is very rare that someone books an accessible room and doesn't get it. One of the members in our travel party had a fairly large stroller last trip and they were able to leave it open and set up over in the corner with no problems at all.

My kids REALLY want to stay in the Pirate rooms. Dh and I stayed at CBR back in 2000 and loved it so I was open to spending the extra $ to go there again for our next trip. Reading some reviews I hear lots of complaints about the pirate rooms. The distance to the food court/pool doesn't really bother me. Our last 2 trips we stayed at All Stars and were near the back of the complex and had to walk to the bus so having a bus stop near the room is a bonus to me. So, other than that, does anyone have any real problems with those rooms? If your kids were begging would you stay in them?

Well that's what is good about the CBR, no matter where your room is, you are a short walk to a bus stop...of course, this means more stops, and is something some people complain about. If your kids really want the Pirate rooms, I say go for it. Your kids won't remember if it takes more walking to get to the pool and food court, but they will remember the room theme...not a draw for my family, but I understand those that it is a bonus.

Thanks to those who replied re: pirate rooms. I think the deciding factor will be price. If they offer a good AP holder discount in the fall then we will treat the kids to a pirate room. If not, it will be back to All Stars. :)

We will arrive at CBR in 89 days :) This will be my first time at CBR since my first WDW trip as a kid, 20 years ago!

Our daughter will be 18 months when we are there. Wondering what you can tell me about the pools/swimming. She's never been in a pool but loves the bath so I think she's going to love splashing around. Are there certain pools or areas that are more kid friendly/shallow? Do all the pools have child life vests we could use for her if desired? Any other good tips for bringing a kid that age to the pool?

We will arrive at CBR in 89 days :) This will be my first time at CBR since my first WDW trip as a kid, 20 years ago!

Our daughter will be 18 months when we are there. Wondering what you can tell me about the pools/swimming. She's never been in a pool but loves the bath so I think she's going to love splashing around. Are there certain pools or areas that are more kid friendly/shallow? Do all the pools have child life vests we could use for her if desired? Any other good tips for bringing a kid that age to the pool?

The main pool is a zero entry pool so you can just walk right in. And there is a splash pad for kids under a certain height. The splash pad is fenced in but there are chairs, loungers and umbrellas in there too - so you can spend the day! All the pools have free child life vests for use. The quiet pools have them too (the quiet pools have towels too - not just the main pool).

Edited to add: The splash pad dumps water which could be a little scary to a little one (when my son was 2 he was scared of it - he was afraid to get his eyes wet but when we went for his 5th birthday he loved it). But if you play along the backside of it - you won't be hit by any dumping water. And the pad has a couple inches of water she can sit in and play/splash in it.

Last edited:
I made it through the entire thread :stitch:. I stayed here before in 2014 and things change so fast. It's always good to get the last info. Thanks folks. :D
Anyone I will be returning for the Princess half marathon 2/17 with my sister. She has never stayed at a Disney resort, so she pretty excited.
I looked at the run Disney forum, but at 198 pages, I don't have patience to try and read through it. This is my 3rd time coming but first time staying on site during the marathon. I know I can get answers when I get there, but was wondering if anyone what time the buses started running for the marathons? Do they pick up at each bus stop.
Also, early in this thread someone mentioned order from Amazon Market Place. Would anyone mind sharing how that works?
:smickey:

I made it through the entire thread :stitch:. I stayed here before in 2014 and things change so fast. It's always good to get the last info. Thanks folks. :D
Anyone I will be returning for the Princess half marathon 2/17 with my sister. She has never stayed at a Disney resort, so she pretty excited.
I looked at the run Disney forum, but at 198 pages, I don't have patience to try and read through it. This is my 3rd time coming but first time staying on site during the marathon. I know I can get answers when I get there, but was wondering if anyone what time the buses started running for the marathons? Do they pick up at each bus stop.
Also, early in this thread someone mentioned order from Amazon Market Place. Would anyone mind sharing how that works?
:smickey:

I was at CBR for the princess half marathon in 2015. The busses to ESPN WWOS and to the races will stop in every village and Old Port Royale. I believe the first buses started running around 3:30am???? I know I was at Epcot in plenty of time to get to my corral for the 10K. If you need a hot tub I suggest you go to the one that's around the back of the slide area. The one by the pool entry gate was always full of kids and debris and the water was murky.

I was at CBR for the princess half marathon in 2015. The busses to ESPN WWOS and to the races will stop in every village and Old Port Royale. I believe the first buses started running around 3:30am???? I know I was at Epcot in plenty of time to get to my corral for the 10K. If you need a hot tub I suggest you go to the one that's around the back of the slide area. The one by the pool entry gate was always full of kids and debris and the water was murky.
Thank you. We were going to stay at POR until I read that their pool/hot tub will be closed for refurb. I really want the hot tub after the race.

Hello all!

I haven't read through the entire thread yet (working on it, haha), so I hope this hasn't been asked yet... I have stayed at CBR twice, and loved it!

There's something that I never really considered before... Say you have some leftover pizza from Via Napoli (if you somehow couldn't finish the deliciousness :love:) and you want to warm it up in something besides a microwave (soggy pizza is a no-no haha). Is there a way to do that? Maybe a toaster oven for communal use at OPR?

We rarely have leftovers after table service, but it would be nice to know if this kind of option exists! :rotfl:

Heck I'm 48 and love them too! I embarrass my wife every trip walking around with my eye patch and sword smiling from ear to ear.

When we were there a couple weeks ago. They said they didn't have wands or swords. I know swords were removed from WDW property and aren't sold in any stores.

Hello all!

I haven't read through the entire thread yet (working on it, haha), so I hope this hasn't been asked yet... I have stayed at CBR twice, and loved it!

There's something that I never really considered before... Say you have some leftover pizza from Via Napoli (if you somehow couldn't finish the deliciousness :love:) and you want to warm it up in something besides a microwave (soggy pizza is a no-no haha). Is there a way to do that? Maybe a toaster oven for communal use at OPR?

We rarely have leftovers after table service, but it would be nice to know if this kind of option exists! :rotfl:
There is a microwave at OPR.

The main pool is a zero entry pool so you can just walk right in. And there is a splash pad for kids under a certain height. The splash pad is fenced in but there are chairs, loungers and umbrellas in there too - so you can spend the day! All the pools have free child life vests for use. The quiet pools have them too (the quiet pools have towels too - not just the main pool).

Edited to add: The splash pad dumps water which could be a little scary to a little one (when my son was 2 he was scared of it - he was afraid to get his eyes wet but when we went for his 5th birthday he loved it). But if you play along the backside of it - you won't be hit by any dumping water. And the pad has a couple inches of water she can sit in and play/splash in it.

Thank you, this is a huge help! I looked up pics of the splash pad area and I think she will really like that.

Thanks to those who replied re: pirate rooms. I think the deciding factor will be price. If they offer a good AP holder discount in the fall then we will treat the kids to a pirate room. If not, it will be back to All Stars. :)

We like the All Stars as well...our first stay was the All Star Movies, and so it has a special place in our hearts.

When we were there a couple weeks ago. They said they didn't have wands or swords. I know swords were removed from WDW property and aren't sold in any stores.

I don't think the swords were removed, were they? Just the guns. We were there last week and still saw lots of swords. In my fact, my son bought a sword and eye patch there just a few days ago.

I don't think the swords were removed, were they? Just the guns. We were there last week and still saw lots of swords. In my fact, my son bought a sword and eye patch there just a few days ago.

Oh cool. Maybe they were just out of stock at the Custom House from the Christmas crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter