Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

6 weeks from this moment we will be landing in Orlando. I have a feeling it's going to be a long 6 weeks!!!

Conundrum: we are planning to stay at CBR late July, but I want to wait for discounts to come out before booking. Today marks the 180 ADR window for the date we want to arrive. Now, I considered booking today, then applying said discount if/when one appears. Then I read in a trusted WDW guide that it is a $65 charge to make changes to a reservation --even adding a discount! What would you do?

I have never been charged to add a discount or make a change to my reservation. I believe they can charge for stuff after the payment due date for a package, but I don't exactly remember for what. Maybe that's what that guide is referring too?

I have never been charged to add a discount or make a change to my reservation. I believe they can charge for stuff after the payment due date for a package, but I don't exactly remember for what. Maybe that's what that guide is referring too?
This is what the 2016 guide says,"Disney imposes a $65 fee for changing your package's details, including travel dates, moving to a cheaper resort, or adding a discount code." I will call reservations, but fear I could get a different answer depending who I speak to.

This is what the 2016 guide says,"Disney imposes a $65 fee for changing your package's details, including travel dates, moving to a cheaper resort, or adding a discount code." I will call reservations, but fear I could get a different answer depending who I speak to.
I personally changed my reservation when a new special came out several months ago. No charge for changing.

Thank you! I may contact the author to tell him he needs to change this.
It was in the 2015 book as well. Perhaps in some situations it has happened and he is covering bases?

Regarding your 180 days and ADRs - can't you make reservations without reserving a room yet? You just have to do it day by day I think...?

We just got home from CBR. We were in Jamaica 41. Only one time did I feel it was too far or OPR but I was especially tired and it was a rainy day. It was also day 6 of our trip and my feet were sore!

I LOVED the resort and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thanks for all the info on this thread - it helped a great deal.

You may make ADRS 180 days out with a credit card guarantee... The only way your cc is charged is if you're a "no show"...

Last edited:
The only "issue" people have with making the ADRs without a reservation is they can't take advantage of 180 +10. They have to make them one day at a time whereas if they had a reservation they could make them in one fell swoop.

The only "issue" people have with making the ADRs without a reservation is they can't take advantage of 180 +10. They have to make them one day at a time whereas if they had a reservation they could make them in one fell swoop.
Thanks! I went ahead and put an end to the delay. We're booked! Can't wait for summer and our first trip to CBR!

Thanks for all the helpful info so far! Two quick questions:

Does anyone have a guess as to how late the feature pool/hot tubs will be open the first week in May?

Also, does the CBR food court at Old Port Royale have the ready-to-go birthday cakes in the cooler section? Not looking for anything fancy, just something to pick up for the room after dinner one night. I know they have them at Pop Century. Wasn't sure if CBR did.

Thanks so much!

Conundrum: we are planning to stay at CBR late July, but I want to wait for discounts to come out before booking. Today marks the 180 ADR window for the date we want to arrive. Now, I considered booking today, then applying said discount if/when one appears. Then I read in a trusted WDW guide that it is a $65 charge to make changes to a reservation --even adding a discount! What would you do?
I have never been charged to change a reservation - as long as it was more than 30 days out - never made one closer than 30 days. 30 days away seems to be the magic number, so that may be what was referenced. It's up to you as when you book, but I wouldn't wait too long for ADRs, or you will get all the leftovers!

Thanks for all the helpful info so far! Two quick questions:

Does anyone have a guess as to how late the feature pool/hot tubs will be open the first week in May?

11 or Midnight

Also, does the CBR food court at Old Port Royale have the ready-to-go birthday cakes in the cooler section? Not looking for anything fancy, just something to pick up for the room after dinner one night. I know they have them at Pop Century. Wasn't sure if CBR did.

Thanks so much!

I don't know the answer to this.

Reactions: GEM
I've seen two different fax numbers listed for CBR. Would someone verify?

Update: I've faxed over my room request. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Looking for a rough idea of prices of a few groceries that we'll probably need to purchase at the resort. Won't need enough stuff to make ordering from Garden Grocer or the like worth it. Anyone been there recently and noticed prices on: 1/2 gallon of milk, box of cereal, fresh fruit (bananas)? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter